Just one taste of this impossibly smooth and luxuriously rich chocolate truffle pie, and you will fall completely in love.
The best part of this pie? There’s NO oven required!
Just blend everything together until it turns into a velvety chocolate filling so creamy and delicious, you’ll want to devour the filling with a spoon and forget the pie crust completely.
This is the perfect surprisingly easy chocolate recipe to whip up for Valentine’s Day or any other day of the year.
Also try these Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Above, topped with Coconut Whipped Cream.
The chocolate pie is simple to customize.
If you want to change up the flavor, feel free to substitute the strawberries in the pie for raspberries, blueberries, cherries (really good), or banana.
You can also stir in a handful of shredded coconut or some mini chocolate chips, add a few drops of almond extract, or blend 1/2 tsp of instant coffee into the batter.
The recipe was inspired by these Chocolate Truffles
How to make the crust
Feel free to use a store-bought crust or your favorite crust recipe. Or you can even make the pie crustless if you prefer.
I used the following, adapted from this Chocolate Keto Pie:
2 cups almond flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp salt, melted coconut oil or water as needed to make it slightly sticky.
Combine all ingredients above, pour into a lined 8 or 9-inch springform pan and press down fully. Set aside while you make the chocolate filling (recipe below).
Chocolate Truffle Pie
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dutch (or additional regular) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews or macadamias (nut-free option: Vegan Chocolate Pie)
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries or pitted cherries (250g)
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil (coconut-free option linked above)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, honey, agave OR 1/8 tsp uncut stevia
- optional 3 oz chocolate chips melted with 1 tsp oil
- Put the nuts in a cereal bowl and cover with water. Let soak 4-8 hours (this makes them much smoother to blend). Drain and pat fully dry. Combine all ingredients (except optional chips and oil) in a very high powered blender or food processor (I used a Vitamix blender). Only if using stevia, add 1/4 cup water. Blend until completely smooth. Taste, and add more sweetener if needed. Pour into a prepared crust (I listed a few crust options above in this post), or keep it crustless. If desired, smooth melted chocolate on top. Freeze to set.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Healthy Pie & Cake Recipes
(Or try this Keto Cheesecake)