These secretly vegan and healthy brownie batter pancakes taste like eating dessert for breakfast!
This is the pancake recipe for chocolate lovers.
Dark, rich and fudgy, yet healthy enough for breakfast at the same time!
The delicious homemade chocolate pancakes are magically made without any eggs at all and can be completely dairy free and vegan.
You may also like these Overnight Oats – 15 new flavors
Pancake Topping Ideas
Mini Chocolate Chips + Banana
For the past few days, one of my friends has been staying with me while she waits to move into a new apartment, so basically, it’s been an ongoing slumber party.
We’ve had movie nights, spa nights, and every night is chocolate night.
On the menu last night: Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Yet both of us woke up craving chocolate again this morning, and the only way to remedy this was to make a chocolate pancake feast.
Brownie Batter Pancakes
- 1/4 cup spelt, white, or oat flour (for flourless, try these Keto Pancakes)
- 1 tbsp dutch cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil, or applesauce or mashed banana for fat free
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 – 5 tbsp milk of choice
- Stir dry ingredients well, then add wet. Add more milk of choice as needed to form a batter consistency. Grease a nonstick pan well and heat on medium. When skillet is hot (add a drop of water to test – the pan is ready if it sizzles), drop small ladles of the batter. Use a spatula to flip when edges begin to look dry. Re-grease the pan after each set of pancakes.*I personally much prefer the oil version but some readers really like the fat-free one so I'm including that too. I haven't tried subbing regular cocoa powder for the dutch, so be sure to report back if you experiment with that. View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Dessert-For-Breakfast Ideas
(Or this Vegan Banana Bread)