Sweet and juicy blueberries are packed into this homemade lemon blueberry bread, for a delicious healthy breakfast or snack that the whole family will love.
This is a wondeful recipe to keep on hand for any time you have guests or family visiting, or if you ever find yourself in need of an easy option for a baby shower, brunch party, or fancy weekend breakfast.
The blueberry lemon quick bread is a great way to use up fresh blueberries, and it always turns out deliciously moist and fluffy, without any eggs or yeast required.
You may also like these Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
More Blueberry Recipes
How to make the lemon blueberry bread
Gather all of your ingredients, and preheat the oven to 350 F.
Grease a 9×5 loaf pan, then set it aside.
Stir all dry ingredients – not including the blueberries or lemon zest – in a large bowl until evenly mixed. Add all remaining ingredients except the berries, and whisk to form a batter.
Finally, add the berries and stir very gently so they don’t break and turn the entire loaf purple. (If they do happen to break, the purple loaf will still taste delicious!)
Smooth the batter into the prepared pan, and place on the oven’s center rack. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Serve plain, or frosted with your favorite vanilla icing or melted coconut butter, or glaze with 1/2 cup powdered sugar combined with 1 tbsp milk of choice or lemon juice.
Leftovers can be stored loosely covered on the counter overnight and refrigerated for 3-4 days after that. Or they can be sliced and frozen for at least a month.
Above – watch the vegan lemon blueberry bread recipe video
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 2 cups flour (For low carb, try this Almond Flour Banana Bread)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar, or xylitol for sugar free
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or thawed frozen
- 1/4 cup oil, or sub applesauce for fat free
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 large or 2 small lemons (1 tbsp total – don’t omit)
- *The bread works with spelt, white, oat, or gf all purpose flour. I prefer the oil version's flavor and texture, but if you're used to the texture of fat free baked goods then it's fine to sub applesauce or mashed banana.Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan. Stir dry ingredients in a large bowl, then whisk in everything but the blueberries. Add the berries, stirring very gently so they don't break and turn the loaf purple (which would still taste good, so no worries if they do burst). Smooth into the pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If desired, frost the loaf with either melted coconut butter or 1/2 cup powdered sugar combined with 1 tbsp milk of choice or lemon juice.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram