This smooth and creamy peanut butter ice cream can be totally dairy free and vegan, with just 150 calories per serving!
Just a few basic ingredients, and no ice cream machine required.
Top with peanuts, chocolate syrup, and Coconut Whipped Cream for the ultimate vegan peanut butter ice cream sundae!
Also Try This Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake
The recipe can be made with peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, sunbutter, or even coconut butter.
Have fun experimenting with different add-ins, such as shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, jam or diced strawberries (peanut butter and jelly ice cream!), a pinch of instant coffee, or homemade Chocolate Truffles.
Recently I’ve discovered the new Ben & Jerry’s nondairy Netflix & Chill’d, and it is dangerously good. If you want to make your own healthier version at home, try adding crushed pretzels and crumbled Black Bean Brownies to this peanut butter ice cream base.
More Vegan Ice Cream Recipes:
Is it obvious that I really love ice cream??
My favorite way to make this ice cream is with crunchy peanut butter and canned coconut milk.
For a healthy lower calorie option, feel free to use almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, or your favorite milk of choice.
Above, watch the video of how to make the vegan ice cream
Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 4-5 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, or allergy friendly sub
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional banana, chocolate chips, chopped peanuts, etc.
- Stir everything together. If using an ice cream maker, process according to manufacturer’s directions. Otherwise pour mix into either ice cube trays or 1-2 shallow containers. Freeze. Once frozen, pop the block out of the containers, thaw just enough for your blender or food processor to be able to handle it, and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix, you can still use a food processor – just thaw a little longer, then scoop out and freeze up to a half hour for firmer ice cream. For authentic presentation, I scooped it out with an ice cream scoop.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Peanut Butter Recipes: