Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Raw Cheesecake

Not just any raw cheesecake, either.

Raw Banana Split Cheesecake with a hot chocolate crust!

raw vegan cheesecake

Vegan raw cheesecake

Don’t let the long name fool you; this “cheesecake” could not be easier–or quicker–to make!

Raw Banana Split Cheesecake

(If you want a traditional-sized cake, double the recipe)

• 1 cup raw cashews (120g)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 a medium banana
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp water
  • Sugar of choice to taste OR 15-20 vanilla stevia drops
  • Optional: you can add cocoa powder for a chocolate cheesecake!! Or, take a cue from reader, Valerie, and replace the lemon juice with lime for raw key lime pie!

Soak the cashews in water overnight, then drain completely. Pat dry. Blend everything very, very well in a Vita-mix or comparable high-speed blender (20 seconds to a minute, or even more if you want a super-creamy cheesecake). You can eat it now, or you can put it in the freezer for later.  Frozen, it’ll keep for weeks, and it thaws perfectly.

Edit: Check out my other raw cheesecake: Secret Veggie Cheesecake.

As the title suggests, it packs in a veggie serving… but I swear you can’t taste it! 😉

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Just the NAMES of the food sound divine. Hot chocolate crust??? Where do I sign up?? Cheesecake is really the only thing I wanted to see done raw!

2. That really does look incredible!

3. OH Katie, YUM!!! Cheesecake is like one of my favorite things ever. So darn good. I will have to try that! I have very little experience (aka, zero experience) with making my own raw food.

4. Kara says:

Oh holy delicious! Cut me a slice of that NOW!

5. Mary says:

Wow Katie you’ve really outdone yourself this time. I just have to buy the cashews and I am SOOOOOO making this!

6. Jessica says:

I’ve never made a raw cheesecake because all the recipes I’ve heard of sound so complicated. But yours looks do-able, even for me! I’ll let you know when I make it, which will hopefully be really soon!

7. eatandrun says:

Just the name alone has me running for the nearest grocery store.
    What would I want to make raw? How about creme brulee!

8. Please come to Nashville and make this. I have all the ingredents + Vita-Mix ready. 🙂

P.S. There is a jar of Artisana coconut butter in our cabinet with your name on it. I’ll hide it from CD. HURRY!

9. Aimee says:

The hot chocolate crust idea is brilliant!

10. Evan Thomas says:

Holy cow does this look good!
    And I’d love a raw Snickers bar

11. Ashlei says:

Oh my gosh Katie I think you’ve absolutely outdone yourself with that recipe!!!

12. McKella says:

That looks amazing. As soon as it stops snowing, I’m going to restock my cashews. Used them all up making fudge babies. Oops.
    I want to rawify oreos, and I think I can. Maybe make a soaked cashew frosting and smush it between two flattened out fudge babies…yeah, I think that will work. 🙂

13. OMG OMG OMG…Oh why oh why did I have to read this while I was at work? I have everything to make it at home!

I cannot wait to try this! My dad used to make a raw dessert for me when I was younger that had a flax based crust, filled with blueberries with the raw cashew mousse type thing poured over the top. HEAVEN! It looks like yours!

14. This looks amazing! I love cheesecake. I am going to have to try this out soon. You make some of the best treats 🙂

15. Bekka says:

Oh please send some to me! Please please please!
    I’ve always wanted to try a raw cheesecake but never have.

16. welshsarah says:

This looks awesome! Totally going to make it! x

17. nicole says:

I have the cashews soaking as I write this. no joke! Talk about being ahead of the game 😉

18. two words= yes please! 😀

making this as soon as i get back to college tmrw where i froze a couple of bananas so they would survive the week i was away for spring break…cant wait! (for the cheesecake that is…not so much on the returning to school lol)

19. todayslady says:

This looks so amazing!!! I’ve never made a dessert with soaked cashews before and just this morning I was thinking of trying it. This looks like the perfect recipe to start with! I’m convinced that it was meant to be 🙂