Snickerdoodle Blondies

I have the best job.

Not everyone’s job description includes making snickerdoodle blondies.  But yesterday morning, I was forced to do just that.

When I threw the idea out on Twitter, there was such an excited response that I just couldn’t let everyone down. And so, still in my pjs, I set about making a gigantic mess in the kitchen.

blondiesnickerdoodle

I think I ate about a third of the pan by myself… And that’s not including the copious spoonfuls of batter that found its way into my mouth! I liked the batter so much it’s going to get its own recipe post (soon). But for today, you’re stuck with more blondies.

Adapted from this recipe: Chocolate-Chip Blondies.

So yes, these blondies are also… full of beans!

snickerdoodle blondies

Snickerdoodle Blondies

• 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed) (250g after draining)
  • 3 tbsp nut butter of choice (or other fat source) (see nutritional-info link below for fat-free option)
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • heaping 1/8 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar (or sucanat)
  • 1 tbsp applesauce
  • 1/4 cup ground flax or quick oats (20g) (see nutritional-info link below for substitution options)
  • 2 and 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • optional ingredients: walnuts, raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients until very smooth in a food processor (not a blender), and scoop into a greased (or parchment-lined) 8×8 pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. You want the blondies to look a little undercooked when you take them out, because they’ll firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get hard.

View Nutrition Information

Love snickerdoodles, but not in the mood for blondies?

snickerdoodle pancakes

Why not try some healthy Snickerdoodle Pancakes?

Question of the Day:

What is your dream job?

When I was very little, I had my entire life figured out. I was going to be a Veterinarian and save all the animals in the world. That changed in sixth grade, when they put my first dog to sleep. Although I knew it was a good act, I also knew I could never do it. (As it turns out, science isn’t my strongest subject anyway.)

I spent the rest of middle and high school unsure of what I wanted to “be” when I grew up. I figured I’d probably end up as an editor or lawyer, or maybe a Spanish teacher. Even as I started college, I was clueless. (And this scared the heck out of me!) But sometimes I believe things have a strange way of working out.

You might remember how upset I was about my college story.

And yet, if everything had worked according to plan, I’d possibly be some high-end lawyer, with a degree from UPenn, making a ton of money and hating every second of it. Maybe not; but I can’t imagine being happier than I am right now!

*Serves herself another blondie*

Tags: , , , ,

1. Iris says:

Love you love you love you! I love that you’ve been doing so many gluten-free recipes lately!

2. Kasey says:

u are so lucky that u can be a blogger 4 a living! THAT would be my dream job!

1. Kasey says:

also, can u maybe do a post about how to be able to turn blogging into your job?

1. Hey Kasey!
        I feel so awkward talking about it! But I will *try* and come up with something in the near future, because I do get a lot of emails/comments asking about it. Maybe a “blogging tips” type post?

3. love love love! now i dnt know which ones to make first?! GAH!
    my dream job at the moment is to be some sort of fitness instructor/sports dietician and to start up a business!!!!! im SO MADE to be a business woman!

4. Lisa Fine says:

Do you know if regular cane sugar would work in the blondie recipe? I have molasses too though, so I think I can combine the two to make molasses.

I have a can of chickpeas in the cabinet, and a can of black beans…I just have to decide which ones to try this weekend.

1. I think you could! The taste would obviously be a little different, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work! Let me know if you do try it!

2. Gramma Kaye says:

Hi Lisa, I don’t bake as much as I used to, so I never keep brown sugar in the house anymore. I just mix sugar and molasses. Rule of thumb for light brown sugar substitute is 1 tablespoon molasses to 1 cup granulated sugar. Hope this helps.

5. Samantha says:

Dream job: astronaut! … personal trainer or to open up a vegan bakery.

Current job: accounting… very different I know 😉

I used to want to be a vet as well, until I was in grade six and had to put my hamster down… yes, I put a hamster down and cried for many weeks to follow…

– Samantha

6. Joanna says:

I made the snickerdoodle pancake recipe the same day you posted it & LOVED them, so looks like I will definitely be making these today too!!

1. Aw I’m so excited you tried the pancakes!!

7. My dream job would definitely include baking in some form 🙂 I work at a daycare right now, and some days it drives me crazy, but overall I actually love it!

8. kate says:

eating your snickerdoodle pancakes right now :). used truvia packets instead of sugar and they taste swell. definitely think this is a great replacement for pancakes that have all that butter and oil in the recipes!

1. Did you save me some? No? Darn, I guess I’ll have to make my own ;).

9. qq:) says:

i love cinnamon

10. Jennifer JCD says:

I’m sold. I’ll be stopping at the supermarket to pick up soem tinned chickpeas on my way home from work. And speaking of work… I’m an engineering design and drafting technologist; someone who draws blueprints on a computer. It can be interesting, but it’s certainly not my dream job. I’d much rather be an astronaut, a flight navigator (military), or a primary school teacher. I worked really hard to become each of those but none of them panned out, unfortunately.

11. Oh My Muppets. I am SO making these later!! I would do right now but I have a rehearsal…gah!! Definitely later though or tomorrow cos I LOVE snickerdoodles!!

When I grow up I want to be YOU 🙂

P.S. You can use any white bean I think, cos I used butter beans for the choc chip blondies.

P.P.S. I single-handedly finished the whole batch of choc chip blondies in three days! 😀

1. Haha we are two peas (errr chocolate chips) in a pod. Mine are all gone now too… and sadly I am out of pb so I can’t make more at the moment! 🙁

1. Argh and I’m all out of beans/chickpeas!! No fear, grocery shopping day is tomorrow, and I know what I’m going to be buying a LOT of! 😀

Oooh and I can’t WAIT for your other variations!! Please post them soon!! Wait, you have no more PB in your house?! How are you still ALIVE?! 😛

1. And they say the world is going to end tomorrow? Not today?

12. McKella says:

I’ve always wanted to be an artist and a writer, but I’ve considered a few other careers to go with it. Teacher, archaeologist, health coach, and set designer (I even got a few scholarships in technical theater). I’ve always been very ambitious, but I never see myself having a straight-forward career. Writing and art will always be there, but I like to dabble in different things and I’m sure I’ll go through lots of other side careers throughout my life.

13. Mmm I love chickpea blondies 🙂 I made some a couple months ago and they were a big hit! I will definitely be trying out these snickerdoodle ones.

14. Eric Jaffa says:

Did you graduate from college?

15. OMG I cannot wait to grab chickpeas this weekend and make these babies!

16. Christy says:

Finally, after hitting 30, I have my dream job.

Stay at home mom, homeschooling and we breed/show Chihuahuas.

I will cook, when forced, but I LOVE to bake. We are really enjoying your “babies” right now. Just wanted to say thanks for an easy & sweet recipe that I don’t feel bad eating “just one more”

I’m now officially hooked on your blog!

YOU ROCK!

1. Awww this comment made me smile so much!

17. Lisa C says:

Making blondies in your pjs? Yup, you have my dream job.

I’d love to be a full-time blogger. Now if only I had a blog ;).

18. Meredith says:

I’ve been hoping you would make blondies! I’m making the chocolate chip ones tonight. Can’t wait 🙂

19. I have seen so many recipes made with beans but have yet to try baking with them! I am going to try this recipe to finally cook with them 🙂

20. Current job = teacher and blogger! While I don’t really consider blogging a job, I do make money from it.. and I do love it! My dream job, besides being a teacher, is to be a stay at home mom. I think it’s one of the most important jobs in the world!