Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Snickerdoodle Blondies

I have the best job.

Not everyone’s job description includes making snickerdoodle blondies.  But yesterday morning, I was forced to do just that.

When I threw the idea out on Twitter, there was such an excited response that I just couldn’t let everyone down. And so, still in my pjs, I set about making a gigantic mess in the kitchen.

I think I ate about a third of the pan by myself… And that’s not including the copious spoonfuls of batter that found its way into my mouth! I liked the batter so much it’s going to get its own recipe post (soon). But for today, you’re stuck with more blondies.

Adapted from this recipe: Chocolate-Chip Blondies.

So yes, these blondies are also… full of beans!

snickerdoodle blondies

Snickerdoodle Blondies

• 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed) (250g after draining)
  • 3 tbsp nut butter of choice (or other fat source) (see nutritional-info link below for fat-free option)
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • heaping 1/8 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar (or sucanat)
  • 1 tbsp applesauce
  • 1/4 cup ground flax or quick oats (20g) (see nutritional-info link below for substitution options)
  • 2 and 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • optional ingredients: walnuts, raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients until very smooth in a food processor (not a blender), and scoop into a greased (or parchment-lined) 8×8 pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. You want the blondies to look a little undercooked when you take them out, because they’ll firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get hard.

View Nutrition Information

Love snickerdoodles, but not in the mood for blondies?

snickerdoodle pancakes

Why not try some healthy Snickerdoodle Pancakes?

Question of the Day:

What is your dream job?

When I was very little, I had my entire life figured out. I was going to be a Veterinarian and save all the animals in the world. That changed in sixth grade, when they put my first dog to sleep. Although I knew it was a good act, I also knew I could never do it. (As it turns out, science isn’t my strongest subject anyway.)

I spent the rest of middle and high school unsure of what I wanted to “be” when I grew up. I figured I’d probably end up as an editor or lawyer, or maybe a Spanish teacher. Even as I started college, I was clueless. (And this scared the heck out of me!) But sometimes I believe things have a strange way of working out.

You might remember how upset I was about my college story.

And yet, if everything had worked according to plan, I’d possibly be some high-end lawyer, with a degree from UPenn, making a ton of money and hating every second of it. Maybe not; but I can’t imagine being happier than I am right now!

*Serves herself another blondie*

Tags: , , , ,

1. Iris says:

Love you love you love you! I love that you’ve been doing so many gluten-free recipes lately!

2. These look so fudgey and amazing!

3. Kasey says:

u are so lucky that u can be a blogger 4 a living! THAT would be my dream job!

1. Kasey says:

also, can u maybe do a post about how to be able to turn blogging into your job?

1. Hey Kasey!
        I feel so awkward talking about it! But I will *try* and come up with something in the near future, because I do get a lot of emails/comments asking about it. Maybe a “blogging tips” type post?

4. My dream job? I have no clue — but it would be something I can do at home, make my own hours and makes good money. Does that exist? I have no idea.

My current job is in marketing for a small company and I love it…for now. It isn’t something I see myself doing for more than 3-5 years so I’m just hanging in there. I’m trying to just be patient and see where life will take me!

5. love love love! now i dnt know which ones to make first?! GAH!
    my dream job at the moment is to be some sort of fitness instructor/sports dietician and to start up a business!!!!! im SO MADE to be a business woman!

6. Lisa Fine says:

Do you know if regular cane sugar would work in the blondie recipe? I have molasses too though, so I think I can combine the two to make molasses.

I have a can of chickpeas in the cabinet, and a can of black beans…I just have to decide which ones to try this weekend.

1. I think you could! The taste would obviously be a little different, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work! Let me know if you do try it!

2. Gramma Kaye says:

Hi Lisa, I don’t bake as much as I used to, so I never keep brown sugar in the house anymore. I just mix sugar and molasses. Rule of thumb for light brown sugar substitute is 1 tablespoon molasses to 1 cup granulated sugar. Hope this helps.

7. Samantha says:

Dream job: astronaut! … personal trainer or to open up a vegan bakery.

Current job: accounting… very different I know 😉

I used to want to be a vet as well, until I was in grade six and had to put my hamster down… yes, I put a hamster down and cried for many weeks to follow…

– Samantha

8. Joanna says:

I made the snickerdoodle pancake recipe the same day you posted it & LOVED them, so looks like I will definitely be making these today too!!

1. Aw I’m so excited you tried the pancakes!!

9. My dream job would definitely include baking in some form :) I work at a daycare right now, and some days it drives me crazy, but overall I actually love it!

10. kate says:

eating your snickerdoodle pancakes right now :). used truvia packets instead of sugar and they taste swell. definitely think this is a great replacement for pancakes that have all that butter and oil in the recipes!

1. Did you save me some? No? Darn, I guess I’ll have to make my own ;).

11. Katherine says:

Wow these look great.
    My dream job would be opening my own vegan bakery.

(O and a little FYI, I have a giveaway going on in my blog for some Stevivia sweetener if you want to get in on it.)

1. Parvaneh says:

me toooooooooooo! I`m really into it actually these days.

12. qq:) says:

i love cinnamon

13. Jennifer JCD says:

I’m sold. I’ll be stopping at the supermarket to pick up soem tinned chickpeas on my way home from work. And speaking of work… I’m an engineering design and drafting technologist; someone who draws blueprints on a computer. It can be interesting, but it’s certainly not my dream job. I’d much rather be an astronaut, a flight navigator (military), or a primary school teacher. I worked really hard to become each of those but none of them panned out, unfortunately.

14. Oh My Muppets. I am SO making these later!! I would do right now but I have a rehearsal…gah!! Definitely later though or tomorrow cos I LOVE snickerdoodles!!

When I grow up I want to be YOU :)

P.S. You can use any white bean I think, cos I used butter beans for the choc chip blondies.

P.P.S. I single-handedly finished the whole batch of choc chip blondies in three days! 😀

1. Haha we are two peas (errr chocolate chips) in a pod. Mine are all gone now too… and sadly I am out of pb so I can’t make more at the moment! :(

1. Argh and I’m all out of beans/chickpeas!! No fear, grocery shopping day is tomorrow, and I know what I’m going to be buying a LOT of! 😀

Oooh and I can’t WAIT for your other variations!! Please post them soon!! Wait, you have no more PB in your house?! How are you still ALIVE?! 😛

1. And they say the world is going to end tomorrow? Not today?

15. The blondies look amazing! :)

As far as dream jobs – anything with health/fitness/social media/writing would be great. Right now I work in marketing, and it’s okay; it’s just not really in the industry I’d prefer!

16. McKella says:

I’ve always wanted to be an artist and a writer, but I’ve considered a few other careers to go with it. Teacher, archaeologist, health coach, and set designer (I even got a few scholarships in technical theater). I’ve always been very ambitious, but I never see myself having a straight-forward career. Writing and art will always be there, but I like to dabble in different things and I’m sure I’ll go through lots of other side careers throughout my life.

17. Mmm I love chickpea blondies :) I made some a couple months ago and they were a big hit! I will definitely be trying out these snickerdoodle ones.

18. Eric Jaffa says:

Did you graduate from college?

19. Kate says:

These look amazing! You are such a genius, Katie :)

I am glad I am not the only one that doesn’t know what I want to do. Throughout high school, I planned on going to Columbia or Oxford….but the reality check of not being able to pay that much for college sunk in :) I live close to SMU & love the campus, but I’d get spoiled by still living with my parents.

Now I am studying to be a personal trainer and off to Paris for 1 year to be an au pair. After that, I don’t know what I’ll be doing. I’d like to be a journalist or do something with fitness…preferably travelling internationally a lot.

20. OMG I cannot wait to grab chickpeas this weekend and make these babies!

21. your blondie kick is making me so happy:)
    my dream job is probably an marine biologist working for discovery

22. Christy says:

Finally, after hitting 30, I have my dream job.

Stay at home mom, homeschooling and we breed/show Chihuahuas.

I will cook, when forced, but I LOVE to bake. We are really enjoying your “babies” right now. Just wanted to say thanks for an easy & sweet recipe that I don’t feel bad eating “just one more”

I’m now officially hooked on your blog!

1. Awww this comment made me smile so much!

23. You know what’s funny, I dont even know what you do?! I have an idea but not the full story. Our emails are always full of everything else besides boring stuff like talking about jobs and work :)

My dream job…the past few months I wish I had found photography sooner. I’d love to somehow take my newfound photography love and turn it into something else. But I’d never want to be, say a wedding photographer. I have no idea. Some day maybe I will figure it all out :)

The blondies look great!

24. Lisa C says:

Making blondies in your pjs? Yup, you have my dream job.

I’d love to be a full-time blogger. Now if only I had a blog ;).

25. um what is your job? seriously I need one with that kind of work

1. Blogger lol… although really it just feels like having fun every day :).

1. that’s awesome; in addition to doing CCK? what a great (seriously fun) way to get an income going

2. katherine says:

what do you do with all of the desserts and recipes you’ve made/tried/tested for the blog? do you just have like five different types of muffins, cookies, ice creams, and brownies and blondies in your freezer?

26. Meredith says:

I’ve been hoping you would make blondies! I’m making the chocolate chip ones tonight. Can’t wait :)

27. I have seen so many recipes made with beans but have yet to try baking with them! I am going to try this recipe to finally cook with them :)

28. Current job = teacher and blogger! While I don’t really consider blogging a job, I do make money from it.. and I do love it! My dream job, besides being a teacher, is to be a stay at home mom. I think it’s one of the most important jobs in the world!

29. Heidi says:

I’m living my dream job!! A stay-at-home of 2 toddlers (4 & 2) and 1 more on the way in a few weeks. Recently started up my own personal training business, in-home or at client’s home, and I specialize in pre & post natal fitness. Sweet!!

Clean eating rules and the CCK treats are my fave, fave, fave desserts.

Soooo happy to have found this website. Forget how, no matter, I’m so happy :) And full, LOLz

30. Lyza says:

This sounds truly amazing, but I know that the white bean with the flax would totally wreck havoc on my digestive system!! >.< I just got diagnosed with a gastrointestinal disease–I have a hard time digesting a lot of different foods, including nuts and veggies…so that's why I haven't really been on your page as much in a long time–since those two foods tend to be on here a lot and it makes me crave them!! I love and miss your site though! Always am coming back for a good dessert recipe :)

Take care!!!

1. Aww I’m so sorry :(. I hate it when a food you love doesn’t love you back… that happens to me if I overdo it on the cauliflower or even my beloved coconut butter!

1. Lyza says:

Hugs :) Thanks diva.

31. Gen says:

Yum!!!!!!! I really need to go buy some chickpeas now! 😀

32. those look incredible! You are such a genius in the kitchen!!!

I’m so glad you are enjoying life and loving your job. That is sooo important. Good for you!

33. Emily says:

I used stevia and 1 and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, and I don’t think they’ll make it to the baking stage! I’ve eaten half the batter already! Thanks for the awesome recipe!

1. Haha that was my problem too! My blondies looked awful tiny… because I ate so much of the batter!

34. Lorin says:

So are you graduating this year? I’m going on to my second year of college in September, but I am on the quarter system so I have a few weeks left.

35. Abby says:

My dream job would be working with families to promote a healthy lifestyle or being a personal chef for someone who is interested in a healthy lifestyle.

Currently, I am doing a Nurse Externship on the Family Birth Center floor of the local hospital! :)

36. Leslie says:

Just took them out of the oven, and I’ve already had three! These things should come with a warning label!

37. Taylor says:

Hi Katie!
    Check out my blog post on these wonderful little creations you made!
    Hope you’ll consider featuring me! I love everything you do, your posts always make me smile. Keep on keepin’ on with your lovely and bright spirit!
    Taylor (extraordinarymachine365)
    P.S. if you look back in my blog, you will also find many of your other recipes =)

1. LOVED your blog post so so much!!

38. Definitely heading to the store for some chickpeas right now….all I had to read was “fudgier” :)

1. Hahaha I was so trying to find a good word, like fudgyness or fudgey-ness… but even fudgier apparently isn’t a real word according to my spellchecker. It should be!

39. Katie, don’t give me a heart attack please~these look too fudgey and delicious in a good way. Do you think it’d come out similar with chickpea flour? I know that BIG baked goods like breads aren’t that great with the flour b/c it has that iron-y taste! but this one might work I’m thinking.

I’ve always wanted to, and still want, when the time is right~to go into missions and working in 3rd world countries. AND owning a bakery+coffeeshop on the side for fun hehehe.

1. Hey Ellie!
      As I told another commenter, I’ve never tried these with flour in place of the beans. But I want to! I want to try spelt flour or maybe even ww pastry. If you do try it with chickpea flour, I’d be VERY interested to know the results!

40. Freya says:

I just re-read your college story parts 1&2, and now I REALLY want to know what the blogging opportunity was you mentioned at the end of part 2! Did you ever tell and I’ve forgotten!?

1. lol I really am bad at keeping a secret… it is a book! :)

1. Freya says:

:-O *squeal!!*
        How EXCITING!!!! Wow! Have you started writing it??

1. Not as much as I should’ve 😕

41. I might just have to try out one of these blondie recipes :) Kind of suits me!

42. Those look too yummy to be “healthy”! I LOVE snickerdoodles in any way shape or form. I have yet another great recipe to add to the hundreds that I need to try out haha

43. Thank you so much for this recipe! One of my best friends loves your site (as do I, I turned her onto it!) and it’s her bday today actually – this is the perfect treat to make. Do you think I could use agave instead of brown sugar though? thanks!

1. I would have thought it’d make the blondies too mushy and gooey… but apparently two other people have used maple syrup or brown rice syrup and said it worked. So I guess I am wrong!
      Let me know how it turns out! :)

1. Oh I have brown rice syrup too – that’s thicker so I’ll try that, thanks for the suggestion. I’ll report back :)

1. I know this is late but I used honey and they turned out awesome!!!

44. These look great!! I’m looking for something to bake for some new neighbors that just moved in next door. This definitely makes the list of contenders. YUM!

45. I was the same – I KNEW Iwanted to be a vet, then our cat got put down and I changed my mind straight away…
    I love my current job; I’m a journalist, so I think my dream job would be doing something like it, but only maybe three half-days a week. For full pay :-)
    And I’m out of beans – mission for tomorrow is to get some!

46. These are being made tonight in my house for sure! And you have the BEST job ever lol

47. Anna says:

I can’t believe these blondies have chickpeas in! I’m used to putting some pretty weird ingredients in my baked goods, but I’d never have thought of that. I’ll give them a go and let you know how they work out!

48. Tricia says:

I used to want to be a veternarian too! Until I found out you had to put down animals and I dont think I could handle that.

49. Les says:

I made the blondies last night. I didn’t have chocolate chips, so I frosted them with hazelnut chocolate. They’re great! I love the fudginess!
    I’ve got a pretty great gig as a National Park Ranger on Maui…not much to complain about!

1. Wow, that DOES sound like a dream job! Then again, ANY job in Hawaii sounds pretty ideal to me!

50. Ragnhild says:

Your blondies looks so good Katie!
    I remember being younger and having all pland out for my life too! Over the years it seems like it is just to many choices we have! Still, I want to study nutrition. But Im not sure exactly what I want to work as!

51. Mellie says:

These look amazing! My realistic dream job is to be a nurse, my never-will-be-anything-more-than-a-dream job is to be a chef.

52. Cally says:

I just made this with a few variations: used white kidney beans, literally threw an apple in the food processor because I didn’t have applesauce (and therefore didn’t use peanut butter) and used steel cut oats because I didn’t have flax. They turned out really good. Not “fat free” tasting at all.

1. Awesome! Haha maybe I will have to try this fat-free version… because I just ran out of pb today :( :(

53. Hannah says:

I’m SO excited I stumbled upon a blog with such great vegan recipes! These look particularly delicious!

1. Aww Hannah, I’m so glad you found me… and your blog name is so cute!

54. *Andrea* says:

those looks sooooooooooo good!!!!!! i need to make these! blondies are my all time favorite!

it’s weird how things turn out…in middle/high school i thought i’d be a doctor but now i’m in business. being blogger sounds pretty bad ass for a job though :)

55. Katy says:

Yum, snickerdoodles! Hubby loves those, think I could sneak these past him without him detecting the “unusual” ingredients? LOL

I always thought I’d be a neonatal nurse… and I think if I had the chance to go back to school, that’s what I’d go back for. But after 3 years of undergrad as a nursing major, I was so stressed out and having so much trouble coping (dealing with anorexia and self harm at the time, couldn’t take the stress of nursing on top of that), I couldn’t see how it was going to be a career for me, so I switched over to a biology major… fast forward thru grad school and a clinical internship, and I’m now a medical technologist! I love the med tech field – there are so many opportunities, I can work in a core lab running CBCs and chem panels, or I can work in a blood bank crossmatching blood for transfusions, or I can work in a microbiology lab finding the bugs causing people’s infections, or about 100 other things. Currently I do oncology testing – heartbreaking some days (yesterday we diagnosed a 17 month old with leukemia) but very rewarding in many ways. It’s a great career to be in right now!

1. Hmmm… it’s always a risk. Almost everyone to whom I served these blondies loved them. But there was ONE guy who didn’t. So ya never know!

56. Moni'sMeals says:

looks great! I loved the chocolate chip blondies, all gone. :(

I feel so lucky to say…I live my dream jobs=healthy chef, baker, private trainer, model. :)

57. Megan says:

Those sound amazing! Definitely going on my “to bake” list! Yum.
    I want to own my own bakery one day. Pastries galore! :)

58. Parita says:

My dream job would definitely entail health is some way – maybe a nutritionist??

I currently work as a Human Resources professional for a huge company. It’s fun and I get to use a lot of my strengths on the job. Can’t complain!

59. anti says:

How many is this meant to serve… :l one? :l

1. It makes 12-20 squares… depending on how big you cut them.

1. anti says:

Haha i may have eaten 3/4 of the one sitting. *walk of shame

2. Maegan says:

How many servings were used to calculate the calories and such? Thank you! These sound delicious!

1. Maegan says:

Oops! Found the answer in another comment. Thanks!!! :)

60. Christina says:

omg! I always have chickpeas in my cupboard! I am ttrying these today!

I wanted to be a journo growing up, until I did work experience at a TV station and saw how vacuous and bitchy it was, I ended up a lawyer working with indigenous communities (love it) btu now am in my 30s and having a career crisis of what to do next!

61. Emma says:

Just left a comment on your other post too. My whole family loved these, and we’re not even vegans! Thanks for a great recipe!

62. BroccoliHut says:

My dream job? Dietitian-cookbook author:)

63. Nathalie says:

On the sweetener issue: there’s a brand of no-calorie sweetener I buy here in Japan called “Lakanto.” It looks and tastes just. like. sugar. You cook with it, it melts and caramelizes. It’s kind of awesome. I have no idea if it’s been introduced into the US yet, but you might keep an eye out for it ^_^

64. Katie, I just made these! OMG SOOO delicious! Thanks a bunch for such an amazing recipe. you rock!

1. I’m so excited you tried them!!!

65. Tara says:

Yum yum yum!! Snickerdoodles always remind me of my 8th grade spanish teacher who fed them to us like we would never eat again. She was the best! These blondies like they would be just as lovely and bring back all those memories.
    I don’t have a job. I asked my mom if I should get a summer job and she said “No, you need to focus on your running.” Best mom ever!

66. anti says:

Okay so i just made these…and umm I may have used stevia :) ,some maple syrup and raw vegan chocolate protein powder…oh and enough cinnamon to feed a small family..i LOVE that stuff. DUN DUN DUN…they came out awesome :) Tank for being so amazeballs Katie. But really…i read your blog everyday.

1. Awwww I’m so honored and grateful! :)

67. am says:

I’m a lawyer at a big firm. Katie, I have a lot of attorney friends, and every single one of them is miserable. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I know that out there, there must be some twenty-something who just loves big law. I’ve not met that person. And the money’s not that good when you factor in the 7 years of loans you need to pay back. People warned me about this, and I didn’t listen….I thought they were just weak, couldn’t handle it. Nope, it really is that heinous. I often daydream about quitting, but with my staggering loans…

You made the right choice, doll!

68. this is such a creative recipe! On a whim last summer I made black bean brownies not expecting much out of them but they were seriously the most decadent moist brownies ever, and EVERYONE i shared them with LOVE them! I am running out today to buy a can of chickpeas to make a version of these. And I saw the exciting news above in a comment, WOW thats exciting, congrats!!!!!

69. Ann Claire says:

These look so good! I gotta check my pantry for chick peas!
    So do you blog full time or are you still in school? If you do blog full time, when did your blog turn into a career? I’m just curious, but it sounds like the coolest job ever!
    My dream job is to bea chef on TV, I’ve dreamed of being on the Food Network since I was 8 or 9.

1. LOL it’s just starting to get where I can do it as a career… but even more than the actual blog is the opportunities that come with it. I really want to write more about it, but I don’t want to jinx anything yet!

70. heather says:

I made your Chocolate Chip Blondies!!! I added cinnamon – i thought it made it like 100x better, but this idea of beans in your dessert is really smart. These Blondies taste just like the unhealthy version!

1. Cinnamon is always a good idea! :)

71. Vegan Alexandra says:

How many blondies does this typically yield in order for them to be around 70 calories (like the nutrition info provided)?

Because I tried this recipe, and it’s delicious, but I didn’t get very many blondies out of it.

Thanks : )

1. I based the nutritional stats on 20 squares.

72. Anna says:

I just made these today with my niece and I love them! We didn’t have a lot of ground flax in the house so instead we ground of chia seeds. The only noticeable difference is that the blondies are a little darker but they taste amazing! I am looking forward to see what my niece thinks of them :)

1. Woah, I might have to try that! I’m always looking for ways to use chia seeds!

73. Rosa says:

Just made these, (doubled the recipe to make them really thick and “fudgy” for the hubs) They were GREAT (and I dont even like snickerdoodles) they are even better warm with a scoop of (dairy free of course) ice cream!!!
    Dream job is the one I have right now- stay at home mom with an 8 yr old and a 7 month old (HUGE GAP I know!). Was a cosmetologist for YEARS while I was trying to figure out what I wanted to go back to school for, but due to recently being diagnose with Crohns and having to deal with that…. no more work. (for now anyways) so down side is I had to give up just about EVERYTHING I liked/loved to eat, dairy, gluten etc… still trying to figure out what I can eat with out my body HATING me, but up side- I get to stay home and raise my girls! and have fun trying recipes like this one 😀

1. hehe everything’s better topped with dairy-free ice cream, right? 😉

1. Rosa says:

74. Kerryne says:

I am just going to say it… I was LEERY to say the least about trying this recipe. You see a while back I was DESPERATE for something bad, but good.. so I found a recipe for black bean brownies and they turned out awful. I gagged. You can see why I was leery. I sucked it up and decided to give these a whirl after coming back to it day after day just to read what people were saying.

DELICIOUS. I will forever have loads of chick peas in my cupboards for whenever I feel like being “bad”.

Thank you for changing my mind!

1. Wow, I am so excited you liked them!!! It means even more to me that you liked them after not liking the black bean ones :).

75. Gloria says:

Crap.. I just ate 1/3 the pan too. I like these better than the chocolate chip variety and i’m usually a choco-fiend. I’m gonna test out a raspberry coconut version tomorrow! Thanks again Katie :)

76. Ruby says:

I gotta say Katie, these Blondies are AMAZING!
    My family couldn’t believe they were made of chickpeas, and now they’re asking me to ‘make more Blondies Ruby!!’ Haha :)

I had to add your site to my ‘block’ list along with Facebook while I’m doing my homework, cause it’s too tempting to scroll through all day!

77. Ruby says:

Oh, but by the way, how do you store yours?

1. In my tummy? 😉 😉
      Oh oh, you mean seriously… hehe :). I just store then like you would store regular cookies on the counter, loosely covered (make sure there’s room for air to get through so they don’t get soggy).

78. Ruby says:

Ah ok then, thanks you!

79. Sarah says:

Yum! That’s all I can say. These were a HUGE hit with my entire family, even my grandma! :)

80. Carolyn Jung says:

Chickpeas! Whoa, who would have thunk? How awesome to be able to enjoy a sweet treat and still get a nutritional and protein boost at the same time.

81. michelle says:

I’ve always wanted to be a police women…boss people around and look tough :) Instead I do nutrition coaching and pretend to be a police women at home with my kids.

82. steph says:

why so hesitant to tell abou the stevia? I would love any information or conversions you can give me. I cook with it all the time along with xylitol. I am a big follower of maria Emmerich and she cooks with it all the time. Recently she posted something about using hickory root. Haven’t got there yet..actutalu haven’t fould it yet….But..PLEEEASSEE offer any info up regarding stevia. i think if it is used in the right combo is is my go to sweetener because of the low glcemic index:)

1. Hi Steph,
      I used Nunaturals stevia (the actual stevia, not the baking blend with erythritol). But I am known for not having a sweet tooth, and therefore use much less than most people would probably like. So you’ll have to play around with it and find an amount that tastes good to you.

83. Megan says:

I have been out of town and unable to keep up with your fabulous blog, but I was SO excited to come back and find your blondie recipe!!!! I too have been scouring blogs for a healthy blondie recipe and cannot wait to try yours! You are a genius Katie!

84. Oh, those look good…

My dream job is reading and writing: reading and reviewing books at my book review blog, and writing stories that get published and make people cry, smile, and throw the book across the room all in the same novel.

Reading your college story now. College didn’t work out too well for me, either.

85. Rosie says:

As a student UPenn, taking the LSAT in a week and sooo boored of studying, I decided to procrastinate and get my mind off of work by coming to see what goodies I could make later as a in-one-week-you-will-be-done-with-this-horrible-test treat. Having now read that post, I think the universe is trying to tell either to get back to studying or that its my destiny to go make some snickerdoodle blondies right now. I’m gonna go with the latter :)

86. Jenny says:

Katie! We LOVED these! I used 3/4 cup powdered stevia and 1/4 brown sugar and they were delicious! Merci beaucoup!

87. az says:

for the nutritional info.. how many servings is the recipe supposed to yield?

1. If I remember correctly, I think I counted it out based on 20 squares… lol I don’t even remember anymore!

88. Jenna says:

These blondies are delicious! Thanks for sharing!

PS… my mom didn’t even know that they were healthy… she loved them!

89. Candice says:

ALL the time! everyone is always asking why my shakes are green.. and how do you make brownies healthy.? and are shocked when I tell them what I actually put in them!

90. Desiree says:

Finally got around to blogging about how wonderful these were! My kids loved them and I didn’t feel guilty about letting them have just one more!

91. Vegan Alexandra says:

We currently don’t own any brown sugar, and every time I tried to make them with stevia, they came out funny. They weren’t HORRIBLE and they didn’t taste like soap, but something was wrong.

When you make them with stevia, how do you usually do it?

‘Cause I love me some snickerdoodles ;D

1. I personally used very little stevia, but I have NO sweet tooth, and most people would probably think the recipe was awful if they used the amount I used. That’s why I didn’t list it on the blog. If you like the taste of stevia-sweetened baked goods, just use the amount that tastes good to you. It should taste a little too sweet when it’s raw batter.
      But if the problem is that you don’t have brown sugar, white sugar works, and other commenters have even said liquid sweeteners work too!

1. Vegan Alexandra says:

Ok, great! Thank you :)

92. Belinda says:

OMGosh I wish these came with a better WARNING like HIGHLY LIKELY YOU WILL EAT THE ENTIRE THING ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE BY YOURSELF! Good job, Katie! I’m a new fan.

93. Grace says:

I made these snickerdoodle blondies tonight, though the chickpeas added an odd taste to them and they didn’t become firm for me, yet i’m thinking I could fix this by cooking them a bit longer. I was wondering if pumpkin might be a reasonable substitute for the chickpeas or if there is something different that would be worth a try?

1. Someone just made the cookie pie using pumpkin and said it worked. If you try it in this recipe, let me know what you think! :)

2. Melissa says:

I generally use white beans (navy beans, great northern, etc) rather than chickpeas because of the strong chickpea flavor.

94. Alex says:

Hello! Just wanted to say that I made these tonight——> 3/4 of the pan is gone.

95. beccah says:

liquid sweeteners actually work b/c they help to thin the batter out bit which i did last time s soy milk for the choc works great 😀 😛

96. Jess says:

I just made these… they’re in the oven now. :) I hope they turn out well!

97. Jana says:

I just made these, white giant white beans istead of chickpeas. But they were ready after 10 minutes instead of 40!! They smelles great, but I haven’t tried yet, they have to cold a bit :(

98. Amry says:

Hi Katie, I finally made your Snickerdoodle Blondies today! I used coconut oil in place of nut butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar + 1/4 cup Splenda. They taste great! I think I could even reduce either the brown sugar or Splenda next time. Thank you for the healthy recipe.

1. Hey Amry! Thank YOU for trying them! :) :)

99. Liz says:

My dream job? Training whales at Sea World!! LOL But my job as a hairstylist is a lot of fun 😀

100. karen says:

Well, I did use Stevia instead of sugar, but I don’t mind the taste of Stevia and I did not use the peanut butter I replaced it with additional apple sauce. The texture seemed correct but I really think it was the flax. Is there a sub for flax that can be used? It is kind of an overpowering flavor, at least for my taste.

1. I really really think the issue is the fact that you cut out the fat. These blondies are not meant to be fat free. The fat is very important to making them taste good, and I don’t recommend the results if you omit it.
      However, you can use quick oats as a replacement for the flax.

1. karen says:

OK thanks…I will try it with the oats (I really hate the flax taste :) )and I will add the Peanut Butter back in. Do you think reduced fat peanut butter would be ok?

1. Honestly, I’ve never tried it so I don’t know what it tastes like! You can experiment, but if the results are bad, please don’t blame the recipe :(.

101. karen says:

Well..I wouldn’t blame the recipe…it is all a matter of personal taste and I just don’t like flax…never said it was a flawed recipe. Thanks for the tips, I will try it the other way.

1. Oh yes, flax definitely has a strong flavor… hopefully you’ll like the oats better!

102. Rachel D. says:

I made these yesterday (Canadian Thanksgiving), but I added about 1/4 cup pumpkin, some cloves, and topped them with cream cheese icing (I’m not a vegan). They are delicious! Even better today! Yummmm, I think I may now be addicted to chickpea-based baked goods.

1. Wow, that sounds SO good! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, Rachel! :) :)

103. sharonw05 says:

I just took these out of the oven and had a taste. Yummy! I used steel cut oats instead of the flax and I love the chewy texture! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

104. Shawna says:

I used chia in place of the flax seed because it is also high in omega 3 and I didn’t have any flax seed on hand.

105. Love those Snickerdoodle photos. Your recipe is exciting – thanks.

106. Melissa says:

Just made these today! I used white beans (Great Northern) instead of garbanzo and sunbutter instead of pb because both of my kids have peanut allergies. I did everything else as the recipe stated and did add about 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar. I baked them in an 11×7 pan for about 35 minutes until a toothpick came out clean. They turned out really gooey (I’m talking mush) and darker than your photo, but my son said they are “very tasty” and a “delicious treat!” Next time I’ll try adding some oats and baking them a bit longer to see if I can un-mush them.

107. Yvonne says:

I am so in LOVE with these and I shared them with my “older” neighbors who are on very restricted diets due to health issues. when I told them they were made with chickpeas, they didn’t believe me. In fact, I still think they believe I was lying! I ate one before I took them over and I am in love–everything I make that you’ve created comes out so delicious. THANK YOU for making it so I can have sweets and feel good after I eat them!

108. Marci says:

Oh how the world goes round. I wrote a blog post 2 nights ago,, which one of your readers ‘liked’. Went to her blog and ended up reading yours. Been drooling ever since. Just made the snickerdoodle blondies and am beyond impressed that you managed to put beans, flax seed and sunflower seed butter into a dessert recipe that tastes great. My husband, who eats an unrestricted diet, even likes them! My son and I are gluten, dairy, egg and refined-sugar free and I am now so jazzed to try more your recipes.
    Thank you!!
    P.S. I used sucanat and reduced the amount a little but next time will reduce it to 1/2 cup.

1. Aww that makes me so happy! I will definitely have to check out your blog too :).

109. marty says:

Just got a taste of these Snickerdoodle blondies right out of the oven (made them in mini-muffin pan) and they were tasty! My fiance tried them (of course I did not reveal the secret ingredient) and he liked them too. He even had a second piece after finding out they had beans. Thanks for the recipe!

110. Lauren says:

These are amazing. I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9 X 13 pan since I didn’t have an 8 X 8, and added more cinnamon; they came out incredible. My mother and my 6 year old brother, also loved them and they are hard to please (especially the 6yo) when it comes to healthier sweets! Thanks!

111. Ella says:

I just got these to the oven….I did some changes, I cutted down the sugar by using some pitted dates and a bit more of the apple sauce, then I used little more cinnamon and skipped the vanilla (I´m out of it, hah). And instead of chickpeas I used regular white beans…Was there anything else…Oh yeah, instead of nut butter I used tahini! But basicly it is kind of a nut butter, a seed butter at least. I´ll let you know how they turn out!

1. Ella says:

Oh yeah…..Amazing. I took these to school not telling they were healthy versions and you know what? Nobody believed me when I told they were made of beans! Only ones who didn´t like them were people who don´t like cinnamon so…..THANK YOU.

112. Natalie says:

omg they’re in the oven… hurry up hurry up hurry up!!! (not going to lie ate quite a lot of the batter)

113. Marissa says:

I use Stevia in every recipe I’ve used of yours, I love it,(although I’m used to the taste of Stevia..) But not one has said a word about the taste! :]

114. Gena Hondrogiannis says:

Hi Katie!!
    I made these for my Denver based boot camp class as a treat and people were going nuts for them! Everyone has asked for the recipe and couldn’t belive how delicious, moist and HEALTHY they were! Just goes to show that you can have desserts and not completely wreck your diet.
    Thank you chocolate covered Katie!!! You ROCK Girl!!
    Best Regards,
    Gena Hondrogiannis
    Facebook: Gena H FluentFitness

115. Janice says:

I am making these today for the second time :) Though, I have a question. When I blend them in the food processor… Is it supposed to turn into a ball and STAY that way. I kept on blending, expecting it to smooth out on the sides like if you were making a nutt butter, but it stayed the same. You did say blend until smooth, but in what form? XD lol its yummy, though!

1. It’s supposed to be smooth like cookie dough consistency. I have a big Cuisinart food processor (like 10 cup?). It never stays in a ball…

116. Tamara says:

I just want to say a great big THANK YOU for this recipe not to mention so many of your others as well! I have autistic twin boys who are 6 and there is not a single vegatable they will eat…til now. :) I made the snickerdoodle blondies with oats in place of flax and applesauce in place of the pb, called them cookies and they are eating them up like mad!! :) I am ecstatic with joy!! i expected a gag or some instant regurgitation but nope… they wanted more!! I am now going to buy cases of chickpeas to keep on hand so I can make these often. Plus since they are peanut allergy friendly with the applesauce, i can pack them for their school lunches (they have a girl in their class deathly allergic to peanut anything.) Thanks for doing what you do! :)

117. Ali says:

LOVE this blog. I’ve tried quite a few recipes, but it was my first time doing this one. I made these tonight and used white beans instead of chickpeas….it did not go well. They ended up being not thick enough and it was so liquidy it just boiled and bubbled up in my oven. They don’t seem like they will thicken up, but we’ll see! I’ll have to use chickpeas next time. The dough was good…. :)

1. Hmm… weird. Did you use all the flax or quick oats?
      Also, what food processor did you use?

1. Ali says:

I used flax. Black & Decker 8 cup processor – nothing fancy. I rarely use it except when doing your recipes, or making salsa!

118. Hannah says:

Would it work if i added protein powder to these?

119. Amanda says:

I just made these and wrote a review on my blog! They were amazing! I shared them with my Nutrition Class along with a few other recipes, and these were the overall favorite!

120. Kara says:

I have these in the oven right now! They’ll be ready when my hubby gets home from work. I told him the name, but not the ingredients…I’ll let you know the results! :)

1. Kara says:

Hubby ate a blondie before I told him what was in it. Here’s how it went…
      Him “It tastes like a snickerdoodle.”
      Me “It is. Want to know what’s in it?”
      Him “Yeah, probably should before I have another one.”
      Me “Garbanzo beans.”
      Him – with jaw all but touching the floor “What?! No way. It doesn’t taste like beans at all!”

Thanks, Katie!!

121. Dana Leah says:

Did you know that you’re on Calorie Count’s 10 Mouthwatering Low-Calorie Desserts? I was reading through the list thinking, “I doubt any of these are as good as Chocolate Covered Katie. I wonder if they know about Choc— Oh look! Chocolate Covered Katie!”

122. bc says:

These look and sound amazing! Do you think they’d freeze well?

1. I haven’t tried, but others have said they do :).

123. Abby says:

These look awesome! Have you tried replacing the chickpeas with white beans?

1. Abby says:

Also, for the nutritional information, how many pieces do you cut the blondies into?

124. Abby says:

Ok, sorry for all the questions… but i made these this morning and they didn’t turn out the best…
    I can really taste the beans in them, which is confusing because everyone else says they couldn’t tell a difference… Is it because I used white beans instead of chickpeas? The batter tasted great, but once cooked, it wasn’t very yummy.
    Also mine were a lot darker than yours in the picture… Do you know why? I used all the ingredients in the recipe.

1. Did you make any changes to the recipe? And what food processor did you use?

1. Abby says:

No, the only thing I changed was using white beans. My food processor is a large Hamilton Beach.

1. Did you rinse the beans well? They shouldn’t taste like beans at all! The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you got a rancid can of beans?

125. rachel says:

should the canned beans be unsalted?? or can i just use regular canned beans?

1. I use regular. But rinse well! and drain.

126. L Jane says:

I made these today, replaced the vanilla with a dash of allspice and nutmeg and added raisins, tasted wonderful!

127. Erynn says:

Sorry, i know this is OVER a year old, but I wanted to say that the science thing, well, all this baking (or no bake-not sure what to call it!) is ALL science! :) It takes alot to even follow the directions properly—and I should know, I NEVER follow directions 😛 >_<

128. Rosa says:

Just made a pan and these are sooo good! I actually didn’t have applesauce so ended up using 4 Tbs peanut butter and oats instead of flax. For sure making these again but I’ll try ground flax. Thanks for the recipe!!

129. daisymax342 says:

What type of nut butter do you recommend for the snickerdoodle blondies? Almond, pb?
    Loved the choc chip blondies :)

1. I like peanut butter, but cashew butter or almond butter would work too. Or even Earth Balance. I usually use Whole Foods brand peanut butter.

1. daisymax342 says:

Omg too good. I like them even better than the choc chip blondies! I only had enough brown sugar for about 1/2 a cup but they are AMAZING

130. Samantha D. says:

Hey Katie!
    Do you think it I could use this as a base for white chocolate cranberry blondies?? Or maybe use the chocolate chip blondies as a base?? I loooved how the chocolate chip blondies tasted but I guess I just wanted your opinion…! haha

Also, I’m thinking of starting up my own food blog..any advice!? THANKS!!

131. Anna says:

my blondies are in the oven right now!
    Katie- do you ever use PB2? I did 2 tablespoons of the PB2 + 1 tablespoon applesauce instead of the 3T nut butter. i also used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup truvia. those changes brought the total calories per piece (16 servings) to 56.6.

THANK YOU for your wonderful recipes.

1. I love real peanut butter so much that it took me awhile to even buy a jar of the powdered stuff… but I know a lot of my readers would like more pb2 recipes. I’m working on a 1-minute peanut butter cake with it :).

132. emily says:

Congrats on having your recipe featured in Shape! I just tried this recipe and it is great! I tried your chocolate cookie pie one as well, I did that one with white beans and this one with the chickpeas. I must say the chickpeas are much much better. I wasn’t sure about the other recipe, it was good but also have a grittiness to it which I assume was the cellulose sp? in the white beans, now I know to only use chickpeas because it is far superior. I will go back and do the chocolate chip cookie pie with them and I’m sure the results will be fabulous! I love your blog, and your creative methods!

133. carolyn says:

Is there a way I can make this without use of a food processor??

1. If you must, maybe try doing it in batches… but I really can’t vouch for the results because I didn’t have success with a blender.

1. carolyn says:

I finally made this and it was delicious! It had a hint of PB taste which was really good, but the place I brought it apparently didn’t allow nuts… LOL. Forgot nut butter counts. But no one was harmed in the making of this baked good :)

134. Elizabeth says:

So, I didn’t read all of the comments, but the recipe says blend until smooth. I noticed some of your recipes insist on food processing. So I CAN use the blender for these? I have a food processer, but it’s TINY ;-). Thanks!

1. I wouldn’t :(
      If you must, maybe try doing it in batches?

135. Lahn says:

I am not sure about the calorie count for the Snicker Doodle Blondies. The brown sugar alone is 622 calories. I even used light peanut butter.

I figured it at 10 servings making it 144 calories a serving.

They are delicious but I wonder how I can use less brown sugar without it tasting ‘diet’.
    Do you ever use Agave nectar? I love it but haven’t used it it baking.

1. SS says:

Katie says she has calculated the nutrition info for 20 pieces, maybe that’s why your calorie count is different.

136. amanda says:

mmmm….I just made these for the first time. so delicious!!

I didn’t add as much sugar. a little less than 1/2 cup and they turned out perfect. I spread a bit of vegan cream cheese on top, and they became that much better!!

137. Christine says:

I have the exact same tastebuds as you as I usually like my things less sweet. I typically leave out the sugar! is here any possibilities of you passing me the recipe for the stevia-sweetened version? :) :) I love all your recipes!

138. Heather says:

You are such a GENIUS!!!!!!

139. Valerie says:

Hey Katie! I’ve noticed that on a lot of your recipes you use dates to make sugar-free desserts, would it work to replace some of the sugar in this recipe with dates or would that be weird? I don’t understand the science of baking so I’m afraid to try it and create some horrible disaster

140. Georgia says:

I just made these-oh so good! i avoid processed sugars, so i substituted 1/4 cup of maple syrup and a couple tbsp of date sugar and it turned out wonderfully :)

141. Gillie says:

When using quick oats in baking do you cook the oats in water first or just use them dry?

142. Kimberly Andresen-reed says:

I love that these recipes are gluten free and aren’t crazy complicated, like many gluten free recipes with 5 different kinds of flour.

I have an employee at work that’s allergic to gluten, MSG, coconut, and tree nuts, so it’s always tough to find something to make for her, and these recipes make it easy as pie.

143. Emily says:

Just made these, and there were so yummy! Warm and gooey and cinnamon-y! They were so easy to make, too! My family loved them (and has no idea they have beans in them!) Thanks for another great recipe! :)

144. Anonymous says:

What is a serving size for the blondie? thanks!

145. Shira says:

I’m confused how you cut them into 20 because that would make them literally bite size or smaller, no? Unless I’m doing something wrong-I cut them into 8 and they weren’t huge at all so I’m now a little worried that I’m consuming a lot more calories than I thought. I used brown sugar splenda but I’m confused to the amount of calories and carbs a piece is if I cut them into 8. They would be more than 2 carbs per piece?!
    Sorry for being all annoying-I’ve just been trying to increase my caloric intake but not by too much and it turns out I’ve miscalculated these by a lot more than I thought!

By the way, they taste amazing:)

146. Ginger says:

This is the fourth recipe I’ve made from your site. I keep pinching myself to make sure Im not dreaming! Yummmm!

147. Kristina says:

I love all of your recipes so far but have not made a dessert with beans in them! I will though these look great. In August I started a journey elimintating gluten, dairy and most sugar, even natural sugar. I felt 10 years younger. I’m 32 but had lots of aches and pains that have gotten so much better with a real food diet. Thank you for all of your great ideas!

I am now a stay at home mom of two girls (2 and 4.) I have a degree and worked outside of the home before I had my first little one. I always thought I would stay at home with my kids if The Lord provided that, but I didn’t realize how much it was my dream job. I love it and wouldn’t want to be doing anything else! I have looked for little ways to make extra money, selling crafty things and such, but nothing has really worked out or proved to be worth the time it took. Through that The Lord showed me to be content with job he has for me at home. I love it!

148. Ashley says:

I just made these for my boyfriend and he LOVED them! He finished off the blondies in less than 2 hours. I also topped them with your mint chocolate ice cream! (He loves hot and cold combos.) I am allergic to dairy so I have looovvveeddd your ice cream recipes especially. I have missed my desserts a la mode!

149. Lisa Slock says:

Hi Katie- keep up with the gluten-free goodies. I will be checking in often. Thanks

150. Heidi says:

I love your website. Every chance I get I am browsing your recipes. Thank you!

151. nia says:

I’ve been wanting to try your snickerdoodles for a while now but after christmas I was not in the mood for cookies again so when I saw this recipe popping up on pinterest I knew I had to give it a try. What can I say, they taste yummy, gooey indeed but they are still rather warm but I couldn’t help myself. The batter was so, so good too.
    I did make some slight changes but I guess nothing that hasn’t been tried so far: I subbed flax meal for 1/2 oatmeal flour and 1/2 spelt flour, I didn’t want to use peanut butter but I didn’t have any other nut butter at home so I used regular vegan butter, I topped them with 1T of brown sugar but used stevia powder according to the packaging equivalent to 100g sugar!

152. Tara says:

Katie — your blog is changing my LIFE!!! Thank you THANK YOU for posting all these recipes! I’m beside myself with excitement and can’t WAIT to make all the recipes I just printed off! Have you got a book (e or otherwise) where they are all collected? And is there ANY way you’d share the stevia sweetened version of this crazy amazing recipe with me?

153. Lily says:

I just wanted to let you know I tried out this recipe today! It was awesome! I made the chickpeas from dry kabuli channa (it’s what I had haha!), and I substituted the nut butter for 2 tablespoons PB2, 1/4 a frozen banana, and 2 tablespoons of water. I also realized I didn’t have baking soda, so I just used 1 teaspoon of baking powder for the whole recipe. And then I substituted 1/2 cup splenda and 1 teaspoon molasses for the brown sugar. It turned out great! I’d tried other bean brownie recipes but none of them were as good as this :)

154. Rowena says:

How do you make a living from your blog? I can’t imagine the revenue from a few sidebar ads pays the mortgage?

155. Lyndsay says:

A friend and I are nannies and tried making these today and it was a fail. What do you use to blend the ingredients? We have a Vitamix blender that can blend just about anything but it didn’t work very well.

We put them in the oven but after a few minutes we couldn’t get past the smell and we threw it away. The smell was revolting. :( We’re sitting here with candles burning and the windows open in hopes of getting rid of the lingering smell.

1. Lyndsay says:

Hmm….you just replied and said the post says to use a food processor. I just read the recipe again and it says blend until smooth. I guess I’m still missing where it says to use a food processor. No biggie. Other people seem to love them!

156. kelly Levy says:

I had to double the ingredients because my pan was too big, does this mean I need to double the time as well?

157. Makenzie says:

I made these for my sister and they didn’t hold together well and didn’t taste like much so I put cream cheese icing and even though we couldn’t hold them they were still delicious!

158. Jamie says:

I see you use a lot of sucunat or brown sugar, I’m just wondering, can I substitute stevia for the sucunat? I try to do most things sugar free

1. I often do that with many of Katie’s recipes. Just sweeten to taste, and it turns out AMAZING.

159. Sarah says:

These are amazing! such a clever idea to use chickpeas. love your recipes!

160. Jessica says:

I used splenda instead of brown sugar, tasted awesome

161. Victoria Karutz says:

OMG! Great recipe! Instead of using brown sugar I made a healthy homemade substitute by combining 3/4 cup of stevia and adding just a under a tablespoon of molasses, I worked wonderfully! I also used a can of Great Northern White Beans from Trader Joe’s. (They are made with sea salt, so only 140mg of sodium per half cup and only 100 calories!) I don’t have a food processor so I used a blender. I combined everything accept for the ground flaxseed and stevia & molasses mixture and put the blender on ice crush mode, then after that was blended I added the stevia molasses, and ground flaxseed. It made ablut 8 large bars for only 108 calories each!!! And it tastes AMAZING!!! Thanks so much Katie!!! <3

162. ana luiza says:

do you have to take the chickpeas skin off first before processing? thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

No need.

163. Jessica says:

Made these for the first time!!! Wow my two year old devoured them!!! Thank you for the wonderful recipes!!!

164. Annemarie says:

Hi I am new to the sight. Very excited on healthier versions of my fave cookies. I have a question about the white beans. What are you replacing in the recipes with the beans? Thanks a bunch!

165. Nikki says:

These are in the oven right now and smell great. The batter tasted *amazing*. It was batter crack, I swear. :)
    I used the quick oats and brown sugar version.

Edit: Done! I let it cool a little and cut it up. I think I definitely undercooked it because it is pretty “batter-y” in the middle but I thought about it and decided it’s still good that way! Nothing in it has to be fully cooked so I think I’ll just leave it.

It’s freaking delicious, by the way. :)

166. Margaret Istre says:

Just made a double batch of these for a guest who is gluten free and for ourselves who eat a plant based diet. They are great! It couldn’t have been easier to put together and the consistency is perfect. I followed the recipe and added about a cup of chopped walnuts and DH’s only comment was that it could have been a little sweeter. I’m thinking if I would have added the raisins that would have been perfect. Even though I used 4.5 tsps cinnamon for this double batch, I think it could have used more…but I really love cinnamon! Thanks for your recipe and I now have your site bookmarked!

167. Bella says:

I tried subbing in 0 percent Greek yogurt for applesauce and the peanut butter. They turned out delicious. I also only used the stevia for sweetness and they tasted fantastic! They were gooey and brownie like in ttexture. My brothers loved them and the even the dough was good. My mom said they weren’t brownies since they had no chocolate. But, I think they have earned that name.

168. Nikky says:

I know you said to use a food processor and not a blender.. but what about a Vitamix ? I just got one and it seems as though it can do just about anything

169. Sweetavril says:

I added 1/4 tsp of ginger powder and it’s just perfect! The taste is perfect, the texture is perfect. May I say you’re perfect? 😉

Thanks for the recipe!

170. Abigail says:

Can you use a nutribullet if you don’t have a food processor?

171. Taryn says:

Hey Katie! Do you think it would work if I subbed the peanut butter for coconut manna? It’s basically coconut butter but with much less of a coconut-y taste.