Desserts for Guys

(Hey, there are man bags. Why not man desserts?)

You’d think I would’ve figured out by now that Fathers’ Day is always the third Sunday in June. And yet, every year I have trouble remembering the date. (Same thing with Thanksgiving, and especially with Easter!)

Luckily, I realized in time for some last-minute shopping. Daddy dearest will be receiving a book about the Beatles and two new ties. But enough about presents; below are some Fathers’ Day food ideas:

brownies

Fudge Daddy Brownies

Okay, so maybe these brownies would be better suited for Katie day. (By the way, we need one of those!) But I’m including them because of their name.

pancakes-cookies

My Pancake Recipes

I’m lucky, this year, in that I’m able to spend Fathers’ Day with my dad. He’s definitely getting pancakes for breakfast… I just need to decide what flavor!

cookie-muffins2

Chocolate-Chip Mini Muffins

Perfect for brunch. Or for dessert. Or, oh heck, why not dinner? What, you’ve never had chocolate chip muffins for dinner? Well then you’re missing out!

bvc

Blue Velvet Cupcakes

‘Cause, well… they’re blue? And the stereotype is that blue is a guy color. I dunno why this is, though. I’m certain I own more blue items than my dad!

And, of course, there’s my cookie pie, chocolate-chip blondies, and cookie dough dip… but I feel like if I link to these recipes one more time, I’m going to annoy the heck outta y’all! So I will resist ;).

1. All your recipes look so amazing! I will get my Dad some nice beer- he likes the proper ales and stuff like that. He always likes them 🙂
    I will also bake something, not sure what yet, maybe some cranberry and white chocolate cookies?
    Although those brownies look amazing.

2. My husband just looked at this post and asked me if I’m going to make him those pancakes for Father’s Day… We’re celebrating today since he works tomorrow 🙁 Usually for Father’s Day we just make a good breakfast and go out to dinner.

3. RUH ROH!! i 100% FORGOT about Father’s DAY!! OOPS!! thank goodness you were there to save me! know I gotta do some thinkin!

4. Anna Crouch says:

Totally going to make the fudge daddy brownies for my dad for father’s day!!!! 🙂

5. Tricia says:

I’m making my dad muffins for fathers day 🙂

6. Haha these recipes are amazing! my dad is foodie just like me soo any of these would be perfect 🙂 I usually bake something for him for fathers day!!

7. mmmm these recipes as usual look delicious. When I go home in a month, I’ll bake them for my dad. He’s on a diet! Normally we get him really delicious food (from chicago – his favorite hot dog place ships food) but we couldn’t do that this year given the whole diet thing so we went with edible arrangements! Fruit is 0 points on Weight Watchers dad! Happy Father’s Day 🙂

8. Sarah says:

Everything looks so great! I only got my dad a card for Father’s Day.. but luckily I get to spend it with him this year! I think that counts as a gift, right??

9. Ragnhild says:

Great ideas! And the color of the frosting for the Blue Velvet cupcakes is so cute! I think they would be perfect for a baby shower if the baby is a boy!
    The fathers day in Norway arent before in November 🙁 But my parents are moving at the moment, and they live in a small apartment while they are building the new house. Im planning on sending up a package for them with sweet treats that they can enjoy while they live so uncomfortable. Any ideas for what I can send?

1. Hmmm… fudge babies? Those are my favorite things to send in the mail, because they ship well. They don’t make a mess. 🙂

10. Lisa says:

i have yet to get my dad a gift- I feel like a bad daughter lol. hes just SO hard to shop for!! he never wants anything, which SOUNDS easy to shop for but it isn’t! He hates clothes, and loves sports but doesnt play them. Let me tell you, I bought him dozens of Yankee t shirts and stuff to wash/dry his car over the years. I cant do it again!!! Im debating on a gift card to go out to eat- cant lose with food! 🙂

1. I get my dad Yankee stuff too! Have you looked at Barnes and Nobles? We often get my dad Yankee-themed books (or baseball books in general).

1. Lisa says:

thats actually a pretty good idea! I can get him to read! He said he has only read one book in its entirety his WHOLE life, and it was Death of a Salesman. I find that nuts! How could he not read any more than that!?! (he was a trouble maker in school :p )

11. We’re going to be in Greece for Father’s Day, so I guess that’s his gift this year! 🙂 Speaking of Greece, I will be gone for about two and a half weeks, and I won’t be able to comment. 🙁 Just wanted to let you know so that you don’t think I’ve abandoned you or anything 😉 I’ll try to post some while I’m gone, so hopefully I will have pictures on my blog!

And I can NEVER remember when Father’s Day is either! I didn’t know it was tomorrow until yesterday when I heard some people talking about it! All your recipes look amazing. I’ll have to revisit this post when I get back and maybe make some brownies and mini muffins. 😀

I’ll miss you!!

<3 <3

1. Oh wow, Greece?! What part? If you say Santorini, I might just have to stow away in your suitcase!

12. Vegan Alexandra says:

My dad is WAY too difficult to shop for. His main interest is scuba diving, and he already has a gazillion and one books/equipment for it.
    But I know his other supreme interest is his children, and hey, that’s me! (;
    So I made him 30 sketches (each something different that I love about him) and then bound a hard cover book by hand with them in it(very, very time consuming); but I’m sure he’ll love it! (:

1. That sounds much better than any store-bought present. If I were a dad, I’d much rather have something homemade. How hard is it to go out and buy a present? You’re such a sweet daughter!

13. VeggieGirl says:

Bookmarking more of your recipes now 😀

14. Tone says:

Hello! I just found your website, and I love all your recipes! You are a great inspiration:)
    I dont always understand your recipes, what does 4T mean? 4 tablespoons? Not so easy for us foreigners to understand, we have to also convert from cups to liters …! 😉

1. Aww thanks, Tone!

Yes, a T is a tablespoon. When it’s a teaspoon, I’ll say tsp.
      I do try to at least give y’all conversions to grams sometimes! 🙂

15. Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn says:

Wooo father’s day recipes!

16. have a great blessed day with your daddy Katie! 😀 My dad is kind of hard to shop for~I think it’s the case for MOST males??

1. My MOM is hard to shop for! 😕

17. Oc Ziegler says:

My daddy is gone for work so I won’t see him on father’s day 🙁
    but if he was gonna be here I’d totallyy make him fudge daddy brownies! My dad has a HUGE chocolate/sweet tooth! He might even love chocolate more than you do Katie

1. I must meet this man! Oh no wait, that wouldn’t be good… we’d fight over the chocolate! 😉

18. Emilia says:

All look like excellent fathers day idea!

I got my Dad a t-shirt from my university and a book about fitness myths. Not to mention I made him some vegan peanut butter cups! My dad is impossible to shop for, but he loves peanut butter!

19. Amanda Jewell says:

new item to add to list of things to do: have chocolate chip muffins for dinner.

20. Stephanie @ StephSnacks says:

My dad is pretty easy to shop for since he is a computer geek! So a gift card to the Apple store is generally right up his alley 🙂