Brownie Batter Pancakes

Brownie Batter > Brownies

Just in case we didn’t make that clear with the Chocolate Brownie Batter Dip.

Now, another brownie recipe. What can I say? I like brownie batter!

brownie batter pancakes http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/09/double-chocolate-brownie-batter-pancakes/

That is a photo worthy of a chocolate-covered blog.

For the past few days, one of my friends has been staying with me while she waits to move into a new apartment. So basically, it’s been an ongoing slumber party. Thankfully, we both like to go to bed early now…when I’d have slumber parties in high school, no one ever went to bed! We’ve had movie nights, spa nights, gossip nights, and every night is chocolate night.

On the menu last night: Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate.

Yet both of us woke up craving chocolate again this morning. The only way to remedy this was to make a chocolate pancake feast.

chocolate pancakes

Brownie Batter Pancakes

(Makes 6-8 silver-dollar pancakes)

• 1/4 cup spelt, white, or Bob’s gf flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa or dutch cocoa (You can sub regular cocoa, but I haven’t tried it in this recipe and therefore can’t personally vouch for the taste)
  • pinch uncut stevia OR 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tbsp applesauce or oil (I use 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp applesauce, as I don’t like the taste of fat-free pancakes)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 5 and 1/2 tbsp milk of choice

Mix dry ingredients very well, then add wet. Make pancakes!

Click for: Brownie Batter Pancake Nutrition Facts

The famous recipe - with over 211,000 repins and almost 6k facebook shares! Full recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/09/double-chocolate-brownie-batter-pancakes/

Spinach pancakes???

For myself, I made Chocolate Spinach Pancakes.

But my friend told me she wouldn’t eat spinach for breakfast even for a hundred dollars, which is why I created the above “brownie batter” pancakes for her.  I was so tempted to sneak some of my chocolate-green powder into her pancakes and see if she’d notice. I’m a good friend, though, and so I refrained.

chocolate pancake

What were your favorite things to do at sleepovers?

I really miss the sleepovers I’d have in middle and high school! We’d stay up almost all night watching movies, doing makeovers, telling scary stories, and playing Truth or Dare. And we always ate junk food, like raw cookie dough. Too bad we didn’t know about Healthy Cookie Dough Dip.

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Katie. stop making me salivate. I need to escape work and go make these right this second.

as always, you’re. a. genius.

1. P.S. I was a karaoke machine at sleepovers. nothing’s changed.

2. I used to love sleepovers. We’d always watch movies and eat a ton of junk food. And I would always be the first to fall asleep.

3. Oh my friggin goodness! This recipe is going in my cookbook right this very instant.

Regarding sleepovers – I loved the fun/scary moments when you actually (for a second) believed that you could make a friend levitate (“light as a feather, stiff as a board”) or might actually catch a glimpse of “bloody mary” in a dark bathroom mirror.

-Monica
    Endangered Species Chocolate Goddess

1. Oh my gosh, I forgot about those games! We definitely did those too… I don’t think I ever believed they would work, but I played them anyway. And oiji (spelling?) boards too!

4. Jenny says:

I used to love sleepovers with friends! All my friends aaalways wanted to come to my house, though, since my family lived in a huge black and white with enormous front, back, and side gardens for us to run around in. Favourite thing to do? Well… it was something you could do even if it wasn’t a sleepover, but: watergun fights! And playing soccer in the house at night when the parents were out… Yep, my brother and I did break some rules when friends were over.

Okay. You could not be more right in saying that: “That is a photo worthy of a chocolate-covered blog.” No. Freaking. Kidding. And I also second what Qi Tang said: Tomorrow’s breakfast. Did you top them with Barlean’s chocolate raspberry “essential woman” oil? I think I’ll do that + raspberries.

… Ugh. Come faster, Wednesday morning.

1. Ooh that would’ve been good!
      The chocolate syrup was actually just for the photoshoot. I think it might’ve been chocolate overload if I’d served them that way. But maybe not… 😉

1. Andrea says:

What did you actually top them with when she ate them? I want to make these and am wondering what would taste best as a topper 🙂

1. I thought about banana butter or coconut butter or even coconut banana butter or regular pb. And I also offered her agave or maple syrup. But she actually said they were the best plain, so that’s how she ate them!

1. Andrea says:

So I finally made these for breakfast this morning, and I am so mad that I waited this long! They were AWEsome! I topped mine with a choc. chip cookie dough almond butter sauce 🙂 I will DEFINATELY be making these again… soon!!! Thanks for the recipe!

2. Thank YOU for trying them! I’m so happy you liked them :).

3. Anonymous says:

I top regular pancakes with pb and applesauce. I bet it would be fantastic on these!

2. Kathi says:

I’m thinking raspberry syrup would be fabulous…with a few fresh raspberries and a little whipped cream!

1. Andrea says:

YUM! That sounds delicious. I need to make these again soon!

2. Just discovered this recipe and am bookmarking it. I can’t wait to try it. I might throw some raspberries into the batter and try topping them with raspberry jam and maple syrup or sunflower seed butter. Mouth is watering just thinking about them!

5. Oh wow,I’m sure my mum would love these! I think I gotta make her some Brownie Batter pancakes,soon! 😀

To be honest,I’m not such a great friend of sleepovers. I also am someone who usually goes to bed quite early because my body clock wakes me up at about 6AM in the morning 😉 So I am always the first one who falls asleep and in the morning,I don’t know what to do when every one else is sleeping until lunch time 😛

6. Hehe I remember all of those sleep over staples – we also made a lot of prank calls (we were bad)!

7. You are such a great friend! ….She will probably NEVER move out! I know I wouldn’t!!! 😉
    It sounds like fun to have the sleepovers and good times! —We used to do a lot of truth or dare and watch movies like it was no bodies business and talk about boys NONSTOP! 🙂

1. John Dude says:

This looks awesome! Going to have to try this for my next cookout or tailgating browni party .

8. Ahh, I remember back in middle school my friends and I would have sleepovers all the time and go to bed at 4 or 5am. It was crazy, but I think we’re all a little more mature now. Now we only stay up until 2am! 😉

9. DELISH!!! mmmm the syrup never stops.. just a continual chocolaty stream haha 🙂 only once did i ever make chocolate brownie batter pancakes but they never held a candle to these!

i never had sleepovers as a kid..i was deprived of them…my mom never had sleepovers growing up either (she lived on a farm) lol.. but she also couldnt trust a lot of my friend’s parents lol .. but i did have a few sleepovers when i was a teen… the best memory was going to my best friends house and we’d have like 3 other people there and we would make these mini movies where we dressed up and did our best acting. I’m pretty sure she still has the tapes- would love to get my hands on them lol

xoxo <3

10. Jennifer JCD says:

Ooooh… those look absolutely sinful, yet delightfully healthy and yummy! Wow!! I’ll make these tonight for my husband. I’m going away for 12 days and promised I would make him something special for supper tonight. These will be perfect! Thank you.

Sleepovers – lots of them! As a little kid we played games and made forts with bedsheets and furniture. As a teenager, we mostly baked, cooked, watched movies, and once a friend and I made scrapbooks for our beaus. Lots of fun!

11. Amazing! I’ll have to make these this weekend! I’m gonna try a gluten-free version!

12. think those pictures are the most amazing-chocolatey-heaven-like pictures I have ever seen. I literally just stared at them for like 20 minutes begging for them to come out of my screen so I could eat them.

13. Sarah C says:

Oh MY Word. You never cease to amaze me!

P.S. Good job on the syrup pouring shots! 🙂

14. Gen says:

You are a genius! Thanks for the recipe! 😀

15. Those pictures oh. my. goodness. You take amazing shots. Do you use a tri-pod to get such clear shots of that syrup?!

1. I didn’t… I try to stay really still (which is hard when you’re pouring syrup with one hand!) but I always sharpen my photos during the editing process, so that helps a TON! 🙂

16. L. says:

Holy yum!!!!!!!!

17. Elise says:

Yuuuuummy! I’m eating these right now 😀 I didn’t have any applesauce so I just added a teensy bit more milk. I also omitted the sugar. I made 5 little pancakes and topped them with Dark Chocolate Dreams PB. 😛

1. Oh my wow! I am amazed that you already made them! You are a superstar, girl!

18. Victoria says:

just made pancakes this morning! Now I wish I made them chocolate. What did you top them with??

1. I offered maple syrup, banana butter, or agave, or even coconut butter… but when she tasted them, she said they didn’t need topping, and she ate them plain!

1. Kimberly Harvey says:

It looks like a chocolate syrup in the pic???

19. My mouth is seriously watering just looking at these! When I was little, I had slumber parties all the time… I loved giggling all night and eating oreo’s at 2:00 AM!

20. Sleepovers were awesome when I was a kid! Can you say As Told By Ginger, popcorn, and enough chocolate to make you sick? 🙂

1. Ugh I had a friend who burned popcorn at 3am at one of my sleepovers. 😕