Cake Batter Desserts

How old do you think I am:

Fifteen? Sixteen? Maybe twenty?

Actually, on Tuesday, I’ll be 25!

Time to break out those Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls.

In honor of my birthday (I’m excited and not-so-excited at the same time), today’s post spotlights cake, funfetti, and all things sprinkle!

pizza-cake-4

Cake Batter Pizza

Can you look at this photo and not feel happy? Give me birthday-cake pizza over regular pizza any day. It’s much more fun. And much more pretty-ful (which should be a word, by the way).

funfetti-cookie-dough

Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls

The most adorable little things ever. Almost too cute to eat.  Almost.

cake-batter-milkshake

Cake Batter Milkshake

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you’ve probably seen this photo a million times, because it’s one of the most-popular recipes on my site!

chococakeshake1

Chocolate Cake-Batter Milkshake

Even better than the original… because chocolate is always better!

blondblurmmost

Funfetti Blondies

I made these for a bunch of kindergarteners, and they ate every last crumb sprinkle.

cake-ice-cream

Cake Batter Ice Cream

Also known as “fairy dust” ice cream or “magic fairytale” ice cream.

Question of the Day:

Do people think you look younger (or older) than you are?

People always mistake me for being younger.  And I know some people find it offensive or annoying when others mistake them for being much younger than they are. But I really don’t mind. (Except for one time when a guy thought I was twelve. That made me mad.) I am secretly hoping it means I can look like Michelle Pfeiffer when I’m 53. (Seriously, what is her secret?)

Also, are you surprised that I’m almost 25? Did you think I was much younger?

To everyone who asked on Twitter:

My birthday dessert is going to be Double Dark Chocolate Mousse Pie. And yes, I will be posting the recipe this week :).

Tags:

1. You do look young but that will most definitely be a good thing as the years tick by! Happy almost birthday, I hope you enjoy every last bite of that delicious sounding dessert!

2. tea-bagginit says:

when i was sick with the ED, everyone thought i was older but now that i’m at a healthy weight (& i smile a lot more) people think i’m younger! gotta love those filled out cheeks & my asian genes! 🙂

3. Whoa A Double Dark Chocolate Mousse Pie!!!! That’s the DREAM!!! I can’t wait! 😀 😀 I’m 18 but I have a hard time convincing older people (neighbours and random people) that I’m not 13! I’m pretty sure one of my neighbours is still angry with me because she thinks I keep lying to her about my age 🙁
    And Yes! You do look really young! I hope this doesn’t offend you but I thought you were 17 when I first saw your photo!! You don’t look a DAY older than 24! 😀

4. People usually think I’m older (I’m tall) until they’ve been around me for a while and realise I act like I’m eight 😛

Oh and your cake batter pizzert was my birthday lunch!!! 😀

P.S. Can’t WAIT for that recipe!! Sounds amaaaazing!!

P.P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TUESDAY my {almost} twin!!

1. Wow, I am so honored! And lol I thought you were older than you are! You’re so mature ;).

5. Jenny says:

Nahh, I wasn’t surprised that you were twenty-five. 🙂 Maybe only because I’ve been reading your blog for so long, though… The first commenter – Katie – is right: you do look young! But rather than “young”, I’d say “youthful”. Which is definitely a good thing! I always get mistaken for being two or three years older (people think I’m about 23), though my parents say it’s because I have a “mature” face… (i.e. I look too serious?! I don’t know what they mean, really!)

I hope you’re taking Tuesday off to yourself! Well, even if you do blog, I hope it’ll be because you love doing so…!

Of all your cake-batter recipes, I have to say that the chocolate cake-batter milkshake is my absolute favourite! With chocolate sprinkles or cacao nibs on top. I STILL haven’t made cake batter pizza yet… Insane. Must put that on my to-do list. Maybe for Tuesday in honour of your birthday!

Have a great Sunday. 😀

6. Jennyb says:

I look younger i think, especially now i’ve lost a little weight again (& opposite to tea-bagginit, i looked much younger when i was very ill) . Although i must pass for 18 still as they haven’t asked me for ID when i’ve been doing the grocery shopping recently!

By the way your sprinkles in the US are so much brighter and prettier than those in the UK, ours are pathetic and not at all bright 🙁

7. Oh boy! I love everything cake batter flavored. Thanks for the recipe round up! 🙂

Happy Early Birthday!!

8. katie says:

U look SO young!!!!! Wow!

LOVE the cake batter yums! Happy Sunday love! xoxo <3

9. Demelza says:

I still haven’t tried any of the cake batter recipes! I need to get on that.

I wasn’t surprised by your age because I’ve been reading your blog for a while. ;]
    People always mistake me for being younger than I am, too. I’m 21, but I get all sorts of funny answers. I remember being out for a walk one day last year and there were a bunch of elementary/middle school kids playing outside. A group of girls called out to me and asked if I went to their school. It caught me off guard!

I was also at an eating disorders fundraiser/speaker event a year or two ago (my best friend was anorexic), and when my mom went to get the car she left me behind to watch the items we had won for the silent auction. Several adults came up to me while she was gone, saying, “It’s okay, little girl…your mom just went to get the car. She didn’t leave you!”
    “Yes, she’ll be right back–don’t worry, she wouldn’t abandon you!”
    I remember just staring at them all at first, like…okay? I’m not worried? Haha.
    I finally just played along and said, “Yes, I know.”

People that know me still have trouble remembering how old I am. The people at my parents’ church are wondering if I’ve graduated high school yet and the people at my college usually think I’m a freshman (I’m a senior this year, hee hee).

Hope you have a great birthday week, Katie! :]

10. Everyone thinks I look younger then my age, but I’m okay with that cause I don’t like getting older! I still feel like I should be a teenager, although I act like a granny in an 20 year old body! You look younger then you are 🙂 I’ve got to try those Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls!

11. aHHH happy early bday!! i cant believe youll be 25!!

1. Me neither! Life goes too fast! lol

12. Giulia says:

I’m 21 and people often think I’m younger. Once a lady thought I was younger than my younger sister, who’s 15!

13. Amy Sun says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I’m not surprised at your turning 25. Enjoy it. That was my favorite age to be!! It’s such a happy medium. I claimed I was 25 for 3 years! 🙂 I can’t wait to try some of your sprinkles desserts. (Are the sprinkles clean and sugar free? And where do you buy them?) Thanks!

1. If you look in the baking aisle at Whole Foods (or even the gluten-free section sometimes), there’s a company called “Lets Do Organic” that sells sprinkles without partially-hydrogenated oils and all.
      🙂

14. Loving the pizzert! So delicious!

15. People often say I look older than my age. You definitely look younger!! All this time I thought you were 21-22. But own it, girl!! A lot of people wish they had your problem! lol

And happy birthday!!! I wish you lots and lots of chocolate and happiness 😀

16. You look very young Katie!! About 18-20 or so!

17. Steph says:

You lucky girl! I would love for people to guess my age to be younger than it is! Most of the time they’re always right on, or over by a year or two. Which isn’t so bad, seeing as i’m still only in my twenties as well. But when I get older, that may be a problem, as I refuse to age past my 30th birthday :p

18. Emma says:

I figured you were in your early twenties. You look very young, but you’re so intelligent that you couldn’t have possibly been younger than 20!

All of these recipes look so delicious, I think I might make them all this week.
    I’m 17, but people always think i’m a lot older. I’m always mistaken for my sibling’s mother! One guy actually told me, “You look old. Old enough to be a mom.” That wasn’t a very good day for me.

19. Roanne says:

You do look younger than 25 but that’s a good thing! I get mistaken as younger all the time, I’m 32 and told I look somewhere between 18 and 23. Oh and a few times I’ve been asked if my 10 yr old daughter is my little sister LOL. You look great Katie! Always better to look younger than older. 😀

20. Genevieve says:

I totally understand…I turned 25 this year too but I’ve been getting the same comments from people for about the last ten years who think I’m still a teenager and are very surprised when they find out my actual age! I don’t think I’ve gotten anything as young as 12 though, I think the youngest guess I’ve had is 14. I’ve gotten used to it by now, and I people tell me that I will appreciate it once I’m older!

ps. Good timing for the cake batter round-up – any of these would be good for the Labour Day neighbourhood BBQ I’m going to this weekend!

1. I was going to do a Labor Day round up… but then I realized it would look very similar to my Memorial Day round up, and I didn’t want to be repetitive. Not everyone likes the deep-dish cookie pie picture as much as me, I’m sure ;).

1. Genevieve says:

After you mentioned the deep dish cookie pie, I considered making that…but instead I made the funfetti cookie dough balls (I just had to use my math skills so that I could make a slightly larger batch).
        I thought they would be perfect for the kids at our neighbourhood BBQ, but as it turned out, no kids showed up to appreciate the sprinkles! Oh well, I still loved them – they were so cute and yummy too! I usually stay away from desserts that have sprinkles in them (because they often involve frosting from a can and boxed caked mix), but you may have converted me now 😉