Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Gingerbread Latte Recipe – Homemade

It’s a spicy sweet homemade and healthy gingerbread latte recipe!

gingerbread latte

Where’s my Coffee?

My roommate, Emily, is one of those people who absolutely cannot function until she’s had her morning cup of coffee. So our kitchen is fully equipped with a Keurig machine and stacks of flavored coffee pods.

Yesterday, after my run, I decided to play around with the Keurig pods… I love to watch the coffee stream out. I’m easily amused.

The molasses was still out from my Healthy Chocolate Pecan Pie.

Somehow I always manage to forget about molasses until Christmastime rolls around, and then I use it with a vengeance—pouring the sweetener into everything from pie, to peanut butter, to homemade gingerbread lattes—to make up for its lack of use during the rest of the year.

gingerbread spice latte

Translation: You can probably expect to see a lot of gingerbread recipes on my blog next month!

Homemade Gingerbread Latte

Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tsp molasses - blackstrap or regular
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp strong coffee
  • 1 cup milk of choice - almondmilk, coconutmilk, etc.
  • sweetener of choice, to taste
Total Time: 1m
Yield: 1 serving

Mix everything together in a small pot or in a mug. Then heat until desired temperature is reached. (Alternatively, if you want a foamy latte: Mix spices into coffee. In a big measuring cup, heat or microwave the milk until foamy. Then pour the milk into the coffee mixture.)

Optional Topping: Raw Gingerbread Men Recipe

My raw gingerbread man sunk to the bottom of the latte. Poor guy.

Other Starbucks-Themed Beverages:

copycat starbucks frappuccino

Copycat Starbucks Frappuccino

Really, really easy. Although, maybe frappuccinos aren’t the best recipes for winter… unless you have a nice, warm fireplace. Or a Costco heatdish. (Love those things!)

pumpkin spice latte

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte for One

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. I’m not too thrilled with Starbucks’ version – this one looks delicious!

2. Sarah says:

OK, can i just join in the i-need-coffee-or-i-am-a-zombie club? Oh an i love themed coffee!! This is perfect going into December. Maybe i can make it on December 1, as a kickoff for the crazy month ( when this recipe will be used to the max) Or i could totally make this right now… i’ll be back with review!

1. Sarah says:

I’m back… after two mugs of this! SOOO good! What i love is that the gingerbread flavor is subtle, but definitely there. Oh, and it made my house smell WAY better than any Yankee candle could. OK, Ok, that was an exaggeration, but seriously, this recipe is legit! I would highly encourage y’all to make it and don’t skip some whipped cream on top 🙂

1. Aww lol Sarah, I’m so excited you liked it!!

1. Sarah says:

Hi Katie. quick question. im outta molasses and i want these NOW… can i use maple syrup or brown sugar instead? . thanks!

1. Sorry to say, the molasses kinda gives it the gingerbread flavor. But I bet it’d still be good with agave… just not gingerbready!

3. It must be a teacher thing 😉 My building can’t function without the coffee in the teachers work room. …..I would be all the teacher’s pets if I made these for my teacher friends! Delish!!!

4. That looks so beautiful! I love the cute little ginger bread man in there. 🙂 Not a coffee drinker, but that drink looks delicious!

5. Megan says:

Your gingerbread man is so cute! I love making gingerbread men too! I was never a morning coffee drinker until lately (grad school does that…). My mom always has been and my brother converted a few years ago. However, I do not like coffee straight up. I always add in a little vanilla soy milk and some Torani sugar-free syrup (I know Splenda is bad for you!) Starbucks is overpriced and not that fantastic. Plus, your latte is much prettier!

6. I love this time of year, I especially love gingerbread this time of year! I am the same way I completely forget about molasses until Christmas rolls around!

7. I wish I was at home right now to make that! Starbucks got nothing on you!

8. I *love* coffee in the morning. It’s not dire but I definitely enjoy it. Just recently tried the gingerbread latte at Starbucks and it was out-of-this-world so I’d love to make a healthier/cheaper alternative. Yum!

9. I’m an all-day coffee drinker… This looks great!

1. Aww I am so excited you made it!! 🙂

10. msdramateacheraldy says:

Oh yes, must have coffee! Can’t wait to try this.

11. That little gingerbread man is adorable! This looks delicious, Katie!!

12. I am definitely a morning coffee drinker – love the stuff! I don’t usually “fancy it up” too much though… just a little dash of vanilla soymilk, and I am good to go! I do indulge every so often and make my own fancy coffee drink or make a stop at Starbucks. 😉

13. jeffie says:

I’ve been wanting to try the soy one at Starbucks but was hesitant due to excess amount of sugar! but, this latte looks 100% healthier not to mention delicious sounding.. and that little gingerbread man looks like he’s enjoying that whipped cream jacuzzi!

14. Stephanie says:

This makes my Christmas! I love love love you! I love these coffees too but can’t afford Starbucks anymore. Now I can make them at home! I drink at least half and sometimes a full pot of coffee everyday. Can’t live without it, I have withdrawals if I try. I am an ADDICT and proud of it. Thank God for the coffee plants!

15. I no longer drink coffee, but I love the flavor and aroma. That gingerbread man is so cute. I just want to save him from that sea of foam. Reminds me of how the kids and I watched “Shrek the Halls” last night.

16. Ashley says:

I’m a morning coffee drinker but I never actually finish a cup- unless it’s on a weekend, where I end up drinking a full cup or two. It’s strange, but I think it’s more the smell of coffee and the action of pouring a cup and taking a couple of sips is what actually wakes me up!

17. Emilia says:

I love gingerbread!! Seriously, I have a slight obsession with it around christmastime though I never want it any other time of the year. Strange. I cannot wait to try this 🙂

18. Karen, WA state says:

Love coffee! Can function without it as long as I have something warm in the morning, but my preferred wake up is to decaf coffee with vanilla flax milk and a squirt of Vanilla stevia….

19. I usually have a cup of coffee every morning, but more out of habit than anything. And that gingerbread man is adorable!

20. Amanda says:

I’m not a big coffee drinker, although I do LOVE chai lattes and flavored black teas. My husband, on the other hand, can’t function without coffee. I’m scared to think how much coffee he drinks at work, especially since he’s been working 14 hour days for the last few weeks. Eek.