Healthy Nutella Fudge

Does this triple chocolate nutella fudge look healthy to you?

Healthy Nutella Fudge: 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, pinch salt, 1/3 cup... Full recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/05/21/triple-chocolate-nutella-fudge/ @choccoveredkt

Surprise!

Or maybe not a surprise, given that this is the healthy dessert blog. But can you believe this melt-in-your-mouth healthy nutella fudge can have absolutely ZERO added sugar? Plus, it can be made in 5 minutes flat!

Healthy, easy, and chocolate. Best of both all worlds.

healthy nutella fudge

Healthy Nutella Fudge

(gluten-free and no-bake!)

• 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread or Homemade Healthy Nutella
  • 1-2 tsp cocoa powder or cacao powder
  • 65g very ripe banana – about 1/4 a large banana
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • sugar or sweetener of choice, if desired (Some people want it; others don’t)

Healthy Nutella Fudge Recipe: Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. (It’s best if the coconut butter is not solid, and if you use a frozen banana be sure to thaw so it doesn’t harden the coconut butter.) After blending, taste to see if you’d like to add any sweetener. Scoop into a container or even a little pie pan, and put in the fridge or freezer so it will firm up. (Alternatively, you can eat it soft, like frosting!) If desired, top with chocolate chips and extra Healthier Nutella (recipe linked above) like I did in the top two photos. This is freezer fudge, so it needs to be kept cold. It makes a small serving, but feel free to double or triple the recipe!

View Nutrition Facts & Substitutions

Other Healthy Fudge Flavors:

sugar free chocolate fudge recipe

Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge

pb fudge

Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge

chocolate peanut butter fudge

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Do you like surprises, or do you hate not being in control?

Obviously, no one likes bad surprises. But if you’re a control freak or hate change, even good surprises might stress you out by interfering with your well-laid plans.

For me, it depends. My 16th birthday was a surprise party, and it was one of the best nights of my life. Or, if I’m expecting an early night, and a friend calls up and want to go out, I’m usually excited for the last-minute change of plans. However, when I read about husbands surprising their wives with spur-of-the-moment trips, I know I would hate that. If I’m going on a trip, I’d prefer to know well in advance so I can pack accordingly!

Chocolate surprises? They’re always good. I mean the edible ones, not the ones Batman keeps leaving on the rug! 😕

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. jane says:

Hi katie!

I had a dream last night that we became really good friends and when I woke up I was so sad it wasn’t true. :)

Love your recipes, love your site!

Jane

1. Online friends are friends too!!

2. Suzie says:

Oh my the husband would love this! The next thing on my list to buy is some coconut oil! Thanks for sharing this!

1. Alix says:

This recipe calls for coconut butter, not oil!! I’ve made that mistake before, it definitley doesn’t turn out as well!!

3. Suprises? I like them sometimes….if I’m not in the mood, then don;t even think about! Usually, though, I am pretty easy going and like a good surprise 😀

4. Mandie says:

I agree, it depends on the surprise 😉
    But once someone tells me they have a ‘surprise’ or ‘secret’ for me that they cannot tell me about – I get upset. Once I am told that, I tend to ask & ask & ask until I am told. hehe

But surprises I do not have the slightest clue about are fun!

1. Mandie says:

p.s. This recipe looks SO good!

1. L. says:

Me too! I like surprises but hate secrets!

5. Yummmmmmm!

Not sure about surprises. I think most people tend to like them but I like low key surprises. Not sure I’d be a fan of a huge surprise birthday party (no center of attention for me) but my boyfriend dropped flowers off in my apartment once on his way to the airport (he was in TX quite a bit earlier this year) and that surprise was wonderful.

6. Juliana says:

I like surprises, but to a certain extent, just like you were saying. A birthday surprise party? That sounds great. Other than that…I like to have a heads-up about pretty much everything. :)

7. Samantha says:

Nice to see fudge turn up! When I first got coconut butter I made the chocolate fudge which was heavenly and then completely forgot to try the other flavors. And more than that…I have never had nutella before. Never. It is rainy and gray out. I think today I will see if I can find raw hazelnuts and make my own nutella first and then this fudge. I need a project.

I am not a big fan of surprises…kind of like you said with the trip one. My experience has been that the person throwing the surprise is fulfilling their need rather than considering what I might enjoy (these tend to be people who would enjoy big surprises themselves). However when you get that thoughtful little surprise from someone who really knows and cares about you…totally different.

Bad Batman. :)

1. L. says:

Watch out. You won’t even get around to making the fudge if you try that Nutella. It is one of the best things I’ve ever made, and it’s best eaten straight from the food processor!

1. Samantha says:

I am already prepared for that problem…it is such a common one with these recipes! :) I can’t wait to try it though.

2. Samantha says:

PS you were right! Fortunately the nutella makes a huge batch but I did want to just keep eating it without even making the fudge!

8. Hey katie, i’ve been reading your blog for a while now and there are so many recipes i want to try but i can’t because: you use coconut butter in about half of your recipes and they don’t sell coconut butter over here! 😮 so i was wondering, is there any good substitute for the coconut butter, so i can try out these recipes anyway? X

1. L. says:

It’s certainly nowhere near half of them, as I don’t have coconut butter and yet have made a ton of her recipes! Also, you should check out the link she wrote into her post titled “substitutions”.

2. Samantha says:

I had to totally check out where you are. :) Is there any affordable online options for Holland? We can get it on Amazon but I don’t know anything about international ordering or shipping. I can find it here but it isn’t easy for sure.

Good luck. It is fabulous stuff so I hope you can find a way to order it. I will say that even the brand I am able to find doesn’t actually call itself coconut butter anywhere on the label (Coconut Manna).

3. Jasmin says:

Katie has a recipe for homemade coconut butter here http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/01/26/make-your-own-coconut-butter/ (it’s just shredded coconut that you process in a food processor and it turns to butter). I’ve tried it and it’s really yummy!

4. Thank you all so much for your help, I appreciate it very much! X

1. Alix says:

I have made the homemade version and it’s great!! Super simple, and mine blends up in just a few minutes in the blender, it doesn’t take long at all!

9. Looks amazing. I seen your post on how to make homemade nutella. I pinned it so I can make it when I pick up some hazel nuts.

10. Sarahishealthy says:

So… I had some Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter lying around this morning. Guess what I just made.
    YUP, for breakfast! 😉
    I love your chocolate-pb fudge, but this one’s even better! YUM!

11. I think this is my favorite recipe so far! I have actually tried it, but you haven’t let me down yet! Oh, and I finally tried the choc mint fudge pie (I used peppermint essential oil)…people raved! Nobody believed there was tofu in it! Seriously, Katie…you have changed my life! Keep it up girl!

12. You keep on throwing amazing recipes at us! :)

13. Barb says:

I USUALLY love surprises, but only when they are from someone who knows me really well! (That way I know I’ll like it!)

Who was the winner of your vitamix giveaway, btw??

14. Amanda says:

Ok, wait a second… This looks delicious, but how does this have ZERO added sugar when the chocolate-hazelnut spread you used does, in fact, have sugar in it? That’s really misleading, sorry.

1. Amanda,
      As stated in the recipe, you can use xylitol (which is sugar-free). I, in fact, did use xylitol for the spread in the photos. I try to give options for all my recipes, so you can use sugar if you wish. But this can 100% be free of added sugar.

1. I just changed the Nutella recipe to make it less confusing! It said “See below for a sugar-free option” and yet there was one listed right in the recipe, itself lol! Thanks for pointing out the confusion!

15. gorgeous photography!! you captured it’s decadence beautifully! I *seriously* need to get on the coconut butter train and give it a try!! thanks for the recipe!

16. Mel says:

This recipe looks amazing!! But I’m allergic to Bananas. Can I subsitute the banana forsomething else? TIA

1. See substitution link in the post ;).

1. Mel says:

LOL….I totally missed that!

1. Allison says:

This is good, as all I tasted when I made it was the banana. I’ll just try it with more coconut butter! And I love surprises, and I love giving them, but I usually crack and spoil surprises for others…
          Speaking of which, I am literally dying inside, waiting to know who wins the VitaMix!! =]

1. Alanna says:

The contest ended a little bit ago:

(Lucky Leslie!)

17. Aja says:

I got really excited when I was reading the ingredients because I have everything except for a banana. I was going to go home and make this today but now I’ll have to wait. :(

Nevermind, I’m stupid and didn’t see the substitution page. I’m excited! I have a jar of coconut butter in my pantry I just haven’t had any idea what to do with until now. :)

18. This looks delish!! And yes, I HATE surprises. I mean, presents are cool. But that’s only surprise I like. And even then, I get anxiety about whether or not I’ll like my present before I open it. I can’t even stand not knowing what I’m having for dinner at least three days in advance. I have major, major, major control issues.

19. Moni Meals says:

YUM! What a treat. I can’t wait to try this. :)

Happy Monday Katie!

20. Lauren says:

Wow! This looks amazing! Just wondering what type of Canon Rebel you shoot with? Your photos are always beautiful.

1. Thanks, Lauren! Mine is a T2i… I think it’s the most basic one. :)