Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Chocolate Healthy Nutella Fudge

Does this triple chocolate nutella fudge look healthy to you?

healthy nutella fudge

Surprise!

Or maybe not a surprise, given that this is the healthy dessert blog. But can you believe this melt-in-your-mouth healthy nutella fudge can have absolutely ZERO added sugar? Plus, it can be made in 5 minutes flat!

HEALTHY NUTELLA FUDGE ingredients: 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, pinch salt, 1/3 cup... Full recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/05/21/triple-chocolate-nutella-fudge/

Healthy, easy, and chocolate. Best of both all worlds.

Chocolate Healthy Nutella Fudge

(gluten-free and no-bake!)

• 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread or my Healthy Nutella
  • 1-2 tsp cocoa powder or cacao powder
  • 65g very-ripe banana (about 1/4 a large banana)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • sugar or sweetener of choice, if desired (Some people want it; others don’t)

Healthy Nutella Fudge Recipe: Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. (It’s best if the coconut butter is not solid, and if you use a frozen banana be sure to thaw so it doesn’t harden the coconut butter.) After blending, taste to see if you’d like to add any sweetener. Scoop into a container or even a little pie pan, and put in the fridge or freezer so it will firm up. (Alternatively, you can eat it soft, like frosting!) If desired, top with chocolate chips and extra Healthier Nutella (recipe linked above) like I did in the top two photos. This is freezer fudge, so it needs to be kept cold. It makes a small serving, but feel free to double or triple the recipe!

View Nutrition Facts & Substitutions

vegan nutella fudge

Other Healthy Fudge Flavors:

fudge 3    fudge    fudge 2
..PB & J Fudge               Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge              Chocolate Raspberry Fudge

Do you like surprises, or do you hate not being in control?

Obviously, no one likes bad surprises. But if you’re a control freak or hate change, even good surprises might stress you out by interfering with your well-laid plans.

For me, it depends. My 16th birthday was a surprise party, and it was one of the best nights of my life. Or, if I’m expecting an early night, and a friend calls up and want to go out, I’m usually excited for the last-minute change of plans. However, when I read about husbands surprising their wives with spur-of-the-moment trips, I know I would hate that. If I’m going on a trip, I’d prefer to know well in advance so I can pack accordingly!

Chocolate surprises? They’re always good. I mean the edible ones, not the ones Batman keeps leaving on the rug! 😕

1. jane says:

Hi katie!

I had a dream last night that we became really good friends and when I woke up I was so sad it wasn’t true. :)

Love your recipes, love your site!

Jane

1. Online friends are friends too!!

2. Suzie says:

Oh my the husband would love this! The next thing on my list to buy is some coconut oil! Thanks for sharing this!

1. Alix says:

This recipe calls for coconut butter, not oil!! I’ve made that mistake before, it definitley doesn’t turn out as well!!

3. Suprises? I like them sometimes….if I’m not in the mood, then don;t even think about! Usually, though, I am pretty easy going and like a good surprise 😀

4. Mandie says:

I agree, it depends on the surprise 😉
    But once someone tells me they have a ‘surprise’ or ‘secret’ for me that they cannot tell me about – I get upset. Once I am told that, I tend to ask & ask & ask until I am told. hehe

But surprises I do not have the slightest clue about are fun!

1. Mandie says:

p.s. This recipe looks SO good!

1. L. says:

Me too! I like surprises but hate secrets!

5. Yummmmmmm!

Not sure about surprises. I think most people tend to like them but I like low key surprises. Not sure I’d be a fan of a huge surprise birthday party (no center of attention for me) but my boyfriend dropped flowers off in my apartment once on his way to the airport (he was in TX quite a bit earlier this year) and that surprise was wonderful.

6. Juliana says:

I like surprises, but to a certain extent, just like you were saying. A birthday surprise party? That sounds great. Other than that…I like to have a heads-up about pretty much everything. :)

7. Samantha says:

Nice to see fudge turn up! When I first got coconut butter I made the chocolate fudge which was heavenly and then completely forgot to try the other flavors. And more than that…I have never had nutella before. Never. It is rainy and gray out. I think today I will see if I can find raw hazelnuts and make my own nutella first and then this fudge. I need a project.

I am not a big fan of surprises…kind of like you said with the trip one. My experience has been that the person throwing the surprise is fulfilling their need rather than considering what I might enjoy (these tend to be people who would enjoy big surprises themselves). However when you get that thoughtful little surprise from someone who really knows and cares about you…totally different.

Bad Batman. :)

1. L. says:

Watch out. You won’t even get around to making the fudge if you try that Nutella. It is one of the best things I’ve ever made, and it’s best eaten straight from the food processor!

1. Samantha says:

I am already prepared for that problem…it is such a common one with these recipes! :) I can’t wait to try it though.

2. Samantha says:

PS you were right! Fortunately the nutella makes a huge batch but I did want to just keep eating it without even making the fudge!

8. Hey katie, i’ve been reading your blog for a while now and there are so many recipes i want to try but i can’t because: you use coconut butter in about half of your recipes and they don’t sell coconut butter over here! 😮 so i was wondering, is there any good substitute for the coconut butter, so i can try out these recipes anyway? X

1. L. says:

It’s certainly nowhere near half of them, as I don’t have coconut butter and yet have made a ton of her recipes! Also, you should check out the link she wrote into her post titled “substitutions”.

2. Samantha says:

I had to totally check out where you are. :) Is there any affordable online options for Holland? We can get it on Amazon but I don’t know anything about international ordering or shipping. I can find it here but it isn’t easy for sure.

Good luck. It is fabulous stuff so I hope you can find a way to order it. I will say that even the brand I am able to find doesn’t actually call itself coconut butter anywhere on the label (Coconut Manna).

3. Jasmin says:

Katie has a recipe for homemade coconut butter here http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/01/26/make-your-own-coconut-butter/ (it’s just shredded coconut that you process in a food processor and it turns to butter). I’ve tried it and it’s really yummy!

4. Thank you all so much for your help, I appreciate it very much! X

1. Alix says:

I have made the homemade version and it’s great!! Super simple, and mine blends up in just a few minutes in the blender, it doesn’t take long at all!

9. Looks amazing. I seen your post on how to make homemade nutella. I pinned it so I can make it when I pick up some hazel nuts.

10. Chris says:

@janiek, you can make your own coconut butter blending w/ a food processor, coconut meat OR shredded coconut and coconut oil. 😉 Google will give you actual recipes. :)

11. Sarahishealthy says:

So… I had some Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter lying around this morning. Guess what I just made.
    YUP, for breakfast! 😉
    I love your chocolate-pb fudge, but this one’s even better! YUM!

12. I think this is my favorite recipe so far! I have actually tried it, but you haven’t let me down yet! Oh, and I finally tried the choc mint fudge pie (I used peppermint essential oil)…people raved! Nobody believed there was tofu in it! Seriously, Katie…you have changed my life! Keep it up girl!

13. You keep on throwing amazing recipes at us! :)

14. Barb says:

I USUALLY love surprises, but only when they are from someone who knows me really well! (That way I know I’ll like it!)

Who was the winner of your vitamix giveaway, btw??

15. Amanda says:

Ok, wait a second… This looks delicious, but how does this have ZERO added sugar when the chocolate-hazelnut spread you used does, in fact, have sugar in it? That’s really misleading, sorry.

1. Amanda,
      As stated in the recipe, you can use xylitol (which is sugar-free). I, in fact, did use xylitol for the spread in the photos. I try to give options for all my recipes, so you can use sugar if you wish. But this can 100% be free of added sugar.

1. I just changed the Nutella recipe to make it less confusing! It said “See below for a sugar-free option” and yet there was one listed right in the recipe, itself lol! Thanks for pointing out the confusion!

16. gorgeous photography!! you captured it’s decadence beautifully! I *seriously* need to get on the coconut butter train and give it a try!! thanks for the recipe!

17. Mel says:

This recipe looks amazing!! But I’m allergic to Bananas. Can I subsitute the banana forsomething else? TIA

1. See substitution link in the post ;).

1. Mel says:

LOL….I totally missed that!

2. Allison says:

This is good, as all I tasted when I made it was the banana. I’ll just try it with more coconut butter! And I love surprises, and I love giving them, but I usually crack and spoil surprises for others…
        Speaking of which, I am literally dying inside, waiting to know who wins the VitaMix!! =]

3. Alanna says:

The contest ended a little bit ago:

(Lucky Leslie!)

18. Aja says:

I got really excited when I was reading the ingredients because I have everything except for a banana. I was going to go home and make this today but now I’ll have to wait. :(

Nevermind, I’m stupid and didn’t see the substitution page. I’m excited! I have a jar of coconut butter in my pantry I just haven’t had any idea what to do with until now. :)

19. This looks delish!! And yes, I HATE surprises. I mean, presents are cool. But that’s only surprise I like. And even then, I get anxiety about whether or not I’ll like my present before I open it. I can’t even stand not knowing what I’m having for dinner at least three days in advance. I have major, major, major control issues.

20. Kalen says:

I love surprises! But some things I need to know in advance (like the sex of my children – I just had to know).

This looks so delicious! I’m hoping to try some of your recipes soon but I fear I probably don’t have the equipment just yet. I’m hoping a Magic Bullet will allow me to do most of them.

1. You can do this one! Just maybe do a 1/2 batch? Magic Bullets get mad if you stuff them too full ;).

21. Moni Meals says:

YUM! What a treat. I can’t wait to try this. :)

Happy Monday Katie!

22. Lauren says:

Wow! This looks amazing! Just wondering what type of Canon Rebel you shoot with? Your photos are always beautiful.

1. Thanks, Lauren! Mine is a T2i… I think it’s the most basic one. :)

23. Alison White says:

Hi Katie! Just wondering when you would be choosing the winner of the Vita-Mix. I am dying over here! My pregnant belly is craving all of the deliciousness that only the Vita-Mix can provide!!!

1. Sorry, haven’t set a date yet. But I will be announcing it on the blog when I do!

24. Ruth says:

It’s nice to get the occasional surprise, but I think I have a strong control streak too. At Christmas, with both my family and my husband’s family, we draw names, so that way we only have to worry about buying for one person for each family. We’re supposed to give whoever has drawn our name a list of what we want. Lately I’ve taken to giving whoever is buying for me one item 😛 I know what I want! And I’d rather not be given something that’s just going to gather dust.

25. I love surprises but it’s really hard to surprise me… I tend to guess. I’ll have to send these fudge recipes to my dad, he was just talking about how much he loves fudge!

26. Em says:

Hey Katie! I love fudge and your recipes look so good but I don’t have a food processor and they don’t sell coconut oil/butter where I live. Do you think you could make (or suggest) an ingrediant that is easier to find? I’d love to finally be able to have an easy fudge recipe.
    Em

27. Em says:

Hey Katie! Do you think you could make a fudge recipe without coconut butter/oil? I can’t find any and I don’t have a food processor to make it. I’d love an easy fudge recipe. I haven’t had fudge since I became a vegetarian and I miss it a lot.

1. This is the only other one I have: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/03/22/banana-split-cheesecake-bites/

Feel free to experiment with it if you wish, adding other flavors! :)
      Or just google “vegan fudge” for others’ recipes.

28. LizAshlee says:

I typically love surprises..unless it’s not a good one…like honey, BTW, I leased a car today…anything else, I am up for a fun surprise! I love surprising others too though!

29. Yumm!!! I absolutely love Nutella. It’s pretty much the best thing ever. 😉

30. This is such a fabulous idea!! Yum!

31. mmmmmmmmmm I still have to try your fudge recipes!! They all look so good!

I LOVE surprises! I threw Dallas a surprise party last week, & it was a lot of fun to arrange, even though I wasn’t the one being surprised :)

1. Leslie says:

Agreed! Surprise parties are even more fun to throw than to receive! Although no one’s ever thrown one for me, so maybe I can’t really speak for being on the receiving end!

32. Your first question really makes me giggle-
    aside from the fruit recipes you post, your food NEVER looks like it’s good for you! Everything looks amazing and decadent. I would definitely pay to get a photography course from you 😉

33. Jules says:

I LOVE surprises, as long as they’re good surprises :)
    but i also love throwing surprise parties and surprising my friends…i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE making people smile and making them super happy!!!

also, can you sub peanut butter for coconut butter ?

1. Leslie says:

Did you see her substitution page, linked in this post?

34. Lori Lynn says:

I keep pinning your site from Pinterest, b/c you have such good recipes I want to try. Thank you SO much for sharing them!!!

35. Gillian says:

so…. i had found this recipe on pinterest ealier, camer here, and then must’ve left the window open on my laptop. few hours later i find my husband looking and pointing at the screen and drooling. guess i know what i’ll be making tomorrow then!!!

1. Leslie says:

Do it! I just made it, and it’s fantastic. My hubby hates anything even remotely healthy (I’m working on him!), but he gobbled this up. Said it tasted like bites of frozen chocolate ice cream.

Thanks Katie, for helping me to get my picky husband to eat better :).

36. Leslie says:

Hello GORGEOUS!
    Meet my belly!

1. Samantha says:

LOL. That is kind of what I said to the nutella which I made for the first time today. Wow. I was warned I would be eating a lot right from the mixer but wow.

37. I’m dying to try this but can’t justify spending the $ on coconut butter :( I tried making my own with sweetened coconut (that’s all my grocer carries), but it was unfortunately, a fail. I’m still on the hunt though :)

38. Lauren says:

That looks amazing! When you said it melts in your mouth, it made me think of nougat. mmmm
    I don’t like many surprises, especially surprise parties. My friends threw me a surprise birthday party in high school. I was a mess! I like to be prepared.

39. Chrissy says:

I both LOVE surprises *and* detest not being in control! LOL

Seriously, though, I’m ok not to be in control… so long as I know all the bases are covered and the job’s gonna be done right! (yes, a matter of my opinion, I know…)

40. Allison says:

You inspired me to make my own coconut butter… and nutella is my life, so I’m definitely going to try this!!
    And as for surprises, I definitely like to do them for other people. They always get such happy expressions..

41. Alanna says:

Haha I’ll admit I’m a bit of a control freak… little surprises (like flowers, food, etc) are cool, but for anything big I want to know ahead. I want to know where I’m going and who will be there so I know what to wear! lol. My poor boyfriend is such a good sport for putting up with me sometimes… he’s sweet and likes to make me breakfast on the weekends, which is fine at his house, but if we’re at my house I go all Rainman when he’s doing stuff in my kitchen!

I’ve been drooling over the various fudge recipes ever since I started following the blog (don’t have coconut butter), but I specifically requested some for my b-day so I hope to try it soon!! I haven’t attempted to make my own yet since I hardly have any coconut flakes on hand, but I want to try that, too!

42. Mandy says:

Let me just say WOW!!! That is good stuff,

43. Bettie says:

Hello,
    Is coconut oil and butter the same? Also, is there a way to print your recipes other than cut/paste?

1. Alanna says:

Nope, not the same (although some sites use them interchangeably) – think peanut oil vs peanut butter. Both are solid at room temp, but coconut butter contains some of the meat whereas coconut oil does not. I’ve also heard coconut oil doesn’t taste much like coconut, but I haven’t tried it for myself yet!

44. Sinead says:

I don’t know how you do it,they look so naughty but are 0% evil,gonna make them for my dad his not supposed to have sugar.On question of the day,it depends…..I am a control freak and like you would want to prepare for a holiday but loadsa money falling from the sky surprise that I could get down with.

1. Karen says:

Loads of money falling from the sky? Yeah, I could go for that too ;).

Loved this fudge, btw. I never got around to trying the plain chocolate version, and now I don’t think I ever will. I don’t think anything could be better than this fudge in my belly right now! So good!!!

45. Sarah says:

Had to wait until tonight to make it, because I went to Whole Foods special for the coconut butter! Ah, the joys of living close to Whole Foods so I can go right away to buy whatever I need for CCK’s latest genius recipe ;).

I think the only desserts I eat now are YOUR recipes!

1. Sarah says:

Oh, and this was “lick the blender good”. It’s in the freezer now, but of course I snuck a few tastes ;).

46. Katie, this looks too good to be true! no bake, quick, easy, and sugarfree? Perfect in my world. I love your recipes using coconut butter. :)

47. Sapphire says:

What’s the topping on the ones in the top pictures?

1. The linked healthy nutella recipe :)

48. STUFT Mama says:

Oh my word. If it wasn’t 11 pm I would get off my butt and make this right now. You are amazing Katie.
    Don’t like surprises. I need to be in control at all times. He he.

49. Spencer says:

Now that is something I know I would love! With all these beautiful sweet things you make it is amazing how you stay so skinny.

50. Dawn says:

Hi Katie,

Just a question – does homemade coconut butter need to be kept in the fridge?

Love all your recipes!!!

Thanks!

51. Anna Banana says:

I made one of your fudge recipes for my friends once and they didn’t like the texture. At first, I was a little put out, but then I realized it meant I could eat the whole batch myself! That’s probably what I’m going to do when I make this one, but I’m not even going to pretend to share. :-)

1. Hmmm… did you use coconut butter or oil? With coconut butter, the texture is my favorite part! lol oh well, I guess people are allowed to have different tastes! ;).

52. This looks AMAZING! I can’t wait to try it!!

53. YUM for the dessert (duh).
    I am a huge control freak, but- I think it’s super refreshing when someone else takes the reigns. I’m just so used to being in a position of leadership or authority (at work especially) that it leads over into my personal life. I love when my hubby takes control- but he’s SO laid back and has learned to just go with the flow.
    Surprises are awesome. My friends threw me a surprise party for my 30th 2 years ago and it was SO cool that it all happened without me planning or knowing about it!

54. Sounds very tasty! I don’t typically like “fudges” made with banana, but this looks like all the flavors combined would be really delicious! I love the nutella spin on it! :)

55. This looks so good! :) My boyfriend is going to die when I make him this recipe!

56. Cassandra says:

I think this recipe should be Katie-fied (and maybe even single-lady-ified)!!

It always looks so yummy when I stop in for my daily java fix, but I know it’s so unhealthy!

Help a girl get her fix!! :) (I know it’s not chocolate, but I hope you’ll make an exception!).

1. I will put it on my to-do list. I love raspberries!!

57. I love the idea of using banana as a sweetener in fudge. Delish!

58. Amanda says:

I LOVE your site. I come to it several times a week to try out new recipes. I’d love if you could do a healthier version of no-bake cookies (the peanut butter/oatmeal goodness). I don’t eat sugar and those things are packed full of sugar. I don’t mind any of the other ingredients but the sugar is stumping me. I don’t use Splenda either, that’s the only alternative I’ve found online so far.

59. Mikayla says:

Oh my gosh, I never thought I’d meet a vegan who uses as much cocoa powder as me. When I add cocoa powder, I usually always add cinnamon too 😀

60. Danielle says:

Katie, I love these recipes that don’t need added sweeteners! I know you often use stevia to make recipes sugar free, but I’d really like to see more recipes like this that rely on the sweetness of other ingredients rather than sweeteners.

61. Leah Lee says:

Hi Katie,
    I saw the picture of your nutella fudge on pinterest and I had to do a little more investigating…Love your site!!! NOM NOM on the fudge, but where can you find coconut butter?? I live in a small town, well simi…and everything is so expensive up here. Is there anything I can sub for it?
    Leah

1. I don’t know anything to sub. But you can email the people of permierorganics.com and they can tell you if anywhere in your area sells it :).

62. Samantha says:

Hey! I love your website. I just discovered it one night when I was searching for a small dessert to make my husband. He loves the molten lava cake from Chili’s and your One-Minute Chocolate Cake was said to be better! I have been reading all your recipes and I want to buy a Vitamix. Any help would be appreciated as to what model I should buy. Which one do you use for your recipes? Can it be used as a food processor :S. Thanks!

1. Honestly, I am not sure it matters. I have a 5200 that’s over 7 years old and it works great!
      But no, a Vita is not interchangeable with a food processor (such as in my cookie dough dip). For that, I’d recommend a Cuisinart ;).

63. AAH Katie! You NEVER disappoint!!

64. Nancy says:

I made this the other day. It’s wonderful. I think I will skip the banana next time so it tastes more like fudge and less like a chocolate-covered banana) and add just a wee bit of coconut sugar. It’s a good thing the batch is small because you are going to want to eat the whole thing….

65. erika says:

Hi. I’m TOTALLY allergic to coconut :( Any suggestions on how I can make this with an alternative to the cocunut butter? Please?

1. Sorry, I don’t have any ideas for a sub.

66. Ashlee says:

THIS LOOKS AMAZING! Can’t wait to try it 😀

67. Jacqueline says:

This looks so good but I was wondering about the coconut butter/oils that you generally put into your recipes. Does it make the recipes taste coconut-y? because I really really dislike the taste of coconut and I don’t want to go buy those 2 items if it does.
    Thanks for the help!

1. I don’t taste any coconut… but then again, I don’t mind the taste of coconut so I might just not notice.

68. Samantha says:

So I accidentally used a frozen banana without reading your instructions, and I thought for sure I’d ruined the recipe. But actually, what happened is that the coconut butter hardened into these little coconut chips that give the fudge an awesome crunch … I made accidental coconut-chip Nutella fudge, and I like it so much that I’d use a frozen banana again next time to get the same results! Just thought I’d pass on that tip…

69. Suzi says:

Just made this tonight and it’s insane!! I can’t handle banana so I added more coconut oil and it was so rich that I (at 24 weeks pregnant and craving chocolate non-stop) couldn’t finish a square. SOOOOO good! I’m definitely making this again!

70. Suzi says:

Coconut butter, not oil!

71. Sarah says:

It’s National Fudge Day in the 16th and these and are what I will be celebrating with!!!
    Complete with Nutella fudge and possibly Reese’s Pieces fudge frosting! 😀 Can’t waittttt
    Thanks Katie!

72. Logan says:

Katie, these look delicious! i was wondering.. can you make a almond low calorie fudge? i bet it’d be good! could you maybe try making some? (: thanks, and i love your blog!

1. Alanna says:

I wonder if you could follow the choc PB fudge recipe and sub almond butter (and omit the cocoa powder if desired)? Not sure if the texture would be the same since raw almond butter is thinner than regular PB (similar to “natural” PB, though), but it might be worth a shot! Maybe even add some almond extract to boost the flavor?

73. bryanna says:

So.. I’ve been wondering this for a while now. And it’s probably a ridiculous question, but I figure you’re just the lady to ask! Is coconut oil and coconut butter the same thing? :/

1. Christy says:

Hi Bryanna!
      its alittle late for a reply but i just wanted to let you know that they are not the same thing and in most recipies you can not sub of one for the other unless they specificly state you can. :) hope i helped!

much love,
      christy

74. k8iesmom says:

Hello!
    Just stumbled upon your site via a friend who knows mine, and my daughter Katie’s (yes, yet another) obsession with Nutella.

My question – is there a ‘print’ button I’m not seeing so I could print out this recipe?

1. Unfortunately I don’t have a print button at the moment. I’m working on it!

For now, the best thing to do is highlight just the recipe, press “control c” and then paste it into a word document.

75. Dalyce says:

Hi, feels a bit irrelevant to be posting about this now but I just made your Nutella Fudge and it is delicious. Ate some of it frosting style, the rest is in the freezer! Some modifications I made were to use Artisan Cacao butter (no plain coconut butter on hand) and I used unsweetened apple sauce (1/8 cup) instead of a banana because I had no bananas on hand either! Last but not least I added some natural maple syrup (sugar fiend over here, and PMSing to boot…TMI? sorry)

as for surprises, I like genuine surprises that are thoughtful and meaningful. I have a strong distaste for surprises that feel self-indulgent on the part of the person providing the surprise. That said, even if the surprise is thoughtful and meaningful, if the person builds up said surprise before actually telling you what it is, that is beyond irritating as well! It becomes self-indulgent at that point.

anyway, I’m sure you hear this all the time but your blog is amazing.

76. Dalyce says:

*one other modification I made was to sprinkle Chia seeds on top! adds a nice little crunch. also, you give off such positive energy, even through the internet! keep it up.

77. Carol says:

Make sure you do not use store bought Nutella for this recipe as it will make in Vegetarian, but not vegan. Regular store Nutella contains milk.

78. Leah says:

Hi Katie, just curious but how much does this recipe make? I’m wondering if I should make it in an 8″ x 8″ pan or if that will be too big?

79. Kerry says:

Oh my gosh I love all your recipes!! I have a HUGE sweet tooth and am always looking for healthier ways to eat my sweets! Can’t wait to try some of your recipes :)

80. Caroline Harris says:

Hi Katie, I love your website, and the recipes…wow, sounds and looks divine! But a few of the ingredients…ie:coconut butter? I have no idea what that is or where I would even find it. Please help! Thanks! :)

1. Try Whole Foods, or you can find it at many places online or even in some regular grocery stores near the peanut butter. Google premierorganics.com to see what it looks like :)

81. Eileen says:

I am sorry to tell you that Nutella is not healthy..read the label…hardly any nuts in it at all,just junk your body does not NEED!!!!

82. Helan says:

Hi, I’ve just made this and it tastes mostly of banana! Help!! I followed the recipe, but can’t taste the chocolate or nutella… :(
    Helan

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

You may want to check out the troubleshoot link on Katie’s blog, under the “FAQ” box and click on the “Recipe FAQ” section, then scroll down to the troubleshoot comments. Here’s the link for it:

83. Miriam G says:

Hi! When you say coconut butter you don’t mean cocoa butter? There was a fudge recipe here which called for coconut butter, and none of the other ingredients were chocolate-related, so I was wondering if coconut butter is cocoa butter? Thanks!

84. Liz Lynch says:

I made this using Biscoff spread since I had it…YUM! added the choc chips on top and some Stevia…came out great! Hubby approves!

85. Crystal says:

Can I use your hot chocolate butter for this?

86. Wilma Drummer says:

Hi again Katie, I do love your recipes and this one is going to be made by me this weekend! Now that I am not only gluten free but also have to be dairy-free, it is a challenge to find some yummy treats and healthy recipes. Keep sending these really great recipes! I too love Nutella so I will be making the healthy Nutella recipe for these. When my daughter and I were in Paris a few years ago, we stopped at a sidewalk cafe for a dessert treat and had Nutella crepes and coffee! yummo!

87. Barbara Gabbe-Harris says:

Katie – so sorry about your arm ….and yes I also broke a bone ..my left elbow bone when I was 13 …I remember knowing right away that I broke it when I fell …it felt really weird. Had to wear a cast ..I was a very active kid and it was annoying and in the way….afterwards I was supposed to keep it in a sling, which was a hard thing to do..it hurt my neck and was just cumbersome! …….. my elbow never healed to be straight..has a slight bend to it….but feels fine. So, do whatever you are supposed to do and let it heal!
    Sending you healing thoughts. P.S….today I made the chocolate brownie buckeye peanut butter thingies! Oh my! Really rich and delicious! I got 52 little squares out of the pan…hard to just eat one little piece! Had to freeze some or I would keep on eating them! So now I am set for a couple of weeks with a yummy dessert! My husband doesn’t like peanut butter, yay!

88. carole says:

Just made this (after my 16 y/o daughter said she didn’t think she would like nutella brownies, but she would LOVE fudge!)- I didn’t tell her what was in this recipe ;-)- looking forward to her comments…
    I tasted the batter and it’s DELICIOUS! I followed the recipe exactly (using jarred nutella) and did not add any sugar- it was super sweet (to me) already. Can’t wait to taste it when it’s solid!!
    ps. i used tropical traditions coconut cream concentrate for the coconut butter

89. ashleigh says:

Hi Katie, I was wondering if i could substitute the banana for something else? I don’t have easy access to bananas /:
    by the way, your site is an absolute life saver xox Thankyou so much 😀 reply ASAP !
    from ash

90. Davena Clark Ross says:

I love your blog’s name but even more important, I adore your figurehead! I have a few pictures like that. I look forward to trying this recipe even though I am not a huge fudge fan. But I have recently discovered an passion for maple fudge (dangerous to have around). djcr

91. Raquel says:

This looks so good, I would love to try their recipe but I’m allergic to coconut, is there any substitute for the coconut butter?

1. Aenia says:

Try melted cacao/cocoa butter (1:1 ratio to coconut butter)! It tastes better with cacao butter than with coconut butter in my opinion.

92. Aenia says:

I just made this for the umpteenth time, but with a twist! I subbed raw cacao butter melted for the coconut butter and with her healthy nutella, and I nearly died of the deliciousness!! It intensified the chocolate level, and it was all sugar-free (as my Nutella was xylitol and stevia sweetened) :) I highly recommend subbing the coconut butter for cacao/cocoa butter.

93. shaaista says:

hi Katie,
    i hv been reading ur blog for quite sometime and find the reciepes easy and amazing. thx.