Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

If you told me 10 years ago that someday I’d love to babysit, I most likely would’ve rolled my eyes and thought you were crazy.

But spend enough time with kids and you really do begin to notice their childhood sense of innocence and wonder about the world wearing off on you.

I spent Thursday night taking care of a friend’s incredibly precocious and adorable girls, rediscovering Barbie dolls, princesses, couch cushion forts, and the Disney channel… And trying to explain dial-up internet and a VCR to someone with her own tumblr page who’s had a cell phone since birth.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Another amazing thing about children is that they just never seem to run out of energy.

Even after the Barbies went to Prom and the princess married the dragon (don’t ask :-?), my babysitting charges weren’t the slightest bit tired. So we headed to the kitchen, because what child—or adult, for that matter—doesn’t love throwing random ingredients into a food processor and seeing what turns out?

Today’s recipe is for our favorite of Thursday night’s kitchen experiments: chocolate peanut butter brownie bites.

We ate our snacks under the couch cushion fort.

chocolate brownie balls

(Hopefully, someday, I will be a really fun mom.)

No sugar, no flour, no baking for these addictive little brownie bites / Ingredients: 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/4 cup quick oats, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract... http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/10/20/chocolate-peanut-butter-brownie-bites/ @choccoveredkt CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE BITES - No flour, No sugar, No baking required. Full recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/10/20/chocolate-peanut-butter-brownie-bites/ @choccoveredkt

pin-it

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Print This Recipe 4.5/5
4.5/52

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup quick oats
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (or allergy-friendly alternative)
  • 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • jam-packed 1/4 cup dates (6 very small, or 43g)
  • if using unsalted peanut butter, add a pinch of salt
  • 1 tbsp water
  • handful mini chocolate chips
Total Time: 10m
Yield: 8-12 balls

Instructions

Combine the first 5 ingredients (and salt, if using) in a food processor (not a blender unless you must) and process until fine crumbles form. Add the water and process again. Stir in some mini chocolate chips if desired. Transfer crumbles to a small bag, and smush into a big ball. Remove from the bag and break off pieces to roll into little balls. Recipe makes 8-12 balls, depending on how big you roll them.

View Peanut Butter Brownie Bites Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

brownies-small.jpg

Unbelievable Melty GOOEY Brownies

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Erica says:

These look AWESOME! 1st comment whoo!

2. Lauren says:

Looks good! If I used coconut flakes instead of oats would that turn out?

3. OMG my mouth is watering, these look amazing…good luck babysitting next time!! <3 C

4. Looks yummy! Love the picture of the stacked balls. So cute 😉 And I love the addition of dates

5. Christi says:

Hi Katie, I have a suggestion for a post. I think it would be helpful for your readers if you could write about how you personally save money on groceries and where to get good deals on the ingredients you use in your recipes. I know a lot of posts like that have been done on other blogs, but I would really enjoy reading your own post. Thanks for all the great recipes. I especially like the sugar-free, xylitol and stevia sweetened ones.

6. Kayla says:

These look delicious! No bake chocolate dessert; it’s gonna be a good weekend! Thanks so much Katie! <3

7. shanainka says:

Kids are okay for 8 hours, but if I had to raise them, I’d be suicidal

Kids can’t take care of themselves. You have to cook everything for them, see that they go to bed, wake up, brush their teeth, pee in the toilet, etc.

You have to help them with their school work. On top of that, every glitter glue snowman with cotton balls and popsicle sticks, you need to keep in your sacred archives until they go off to college.

You can never snap at them, even if they’re being an annoying little fvck. Speaking of which, you can never swear around them.

You have to give them life advice. Kids always want to be happy, but that’s not life.

They have terrible taste in TV and music. They never watch South Park, or The Boondocks, or Liberty’s Kids, they always want to watch dumb bees who can talk eat out of flowers while singing about environmentalism. Every character on a show meant for children under the age of 5 years old is

An anthropomorphic animal
    An anthropomorphic plant
    An anthropomorphic vehicle
    An anthropomorphic monster/mythical creature
    An anthropomorphic toy

As for music, they like anything with a 30 year old woman singing about buses and their constituent parts, farms and the animals on them, three mice who have lost their ability to see, spiders who overcome the rainy season, and a shepherd whose livestock can’t seem to stay in his/her own pasture.

1. Annie says:

You may think I’m crazy, but is actually enjoy all these things in choldraising. And I think that children actually have very good taste in entartajent and life philosophy, for precisely the reasons you mentioned

8. Carolyn says:

I’ve really been enjoying your recipes. This looks good too. I was wondering if there is a good substitute for the dates in the raw recipes like this.

1. Annie says:

I was wondering the same thing – bc i don’t have any dates on hand.

9. Livi says:

oh my gosh- yum!! I’m so glad I already have all the ingredients in my cupboard 🙂

10. Nicole says:

I’m assuming that you are just using regular (jarred, creamy) peanut butter unless otherwise stated, right? I don’t think peanut flour or PB2 would work but wanted to double-check…

11. Sherry Kirkman Lee says:

I was wondering about a substitution for the dates as well.

12. Liz says:

I made these as soon as I read this post. They are delicious and I’m sure my husband will think so too – if I’ve not eaten them all by the time he gets home!!!

13. CCK fan! says:

I just made these right now and they are good!
    There are times through-out the day where I get really hungry out of no where, and I need to ear right away. I made a big batch of these and stuck it in the fridge so that when I get hungry I have an instant protein snack.

1. CCK fan! says:

Oh man, I should have reread that.
      When I need to EAT right away. That is what I meant!

1. Annie says:

Lol. I think it’s pretty clear, don’t worry ; )

14. Christine Moore says:

Whenever you are ready for kids, I have no doubt you will be a fine mother. Just make sure to give your children some advice on how to explain their cool vegan lunches to their classmates at school.

15. Yum, I’ve got to try these! I’m a sucker for peanut butter, and chocolate, so these look delish.

16. Vegyogini says:

I babysat all through middle school and high school and always tried to have a fun craft or new coloring books or something interesting on hand. If I’d been a cook or baker back then, you’d better believe I would’ve had them experimenting in the kitchen! Sounds like you’re an awesome babysitter and you will make a very fun mom if you decide to have babies.

17. Love that the ingredients are so simple and I have almost all!

18. Nikki says:

A child you were BABYSITTING has a cell phone?! My goodness, how times have changed! I got my first cell phone in college (and have spent a good portion of my life thus far figuring out how to use it!)

I love to see another date-based recipe from you! I’m always looking for new ideas, and I think I might just go to the kitchen and make these now! 😉

19. Rosie says:

Can’t wait too try these. If they are half as good as your “babies’ they will be a winner in this household. We love your quick easy recipes

20. Nicola says:

Just made them, ( no choc Chips, added some sultanas)

Mmmmmm. Mmmmm!
    Doubled the recipe.
    They are in the fridge hardening.
    I think my tbsp ( nz one is 3 tsp = a tbslp in Aus it is 4 tsp, so maybe the same in America?) was smaller than an American one, as a tiny bit dry, so will do 3 tbslp of water next time. Thank you for your wonderful recipes. I use a lot of them .