Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

If you told me 10 years ago that someday I’d love to babysit, I most likely would’ve rolled my eyes and thought you were crazy. But spend enough time with kids and you really do begin to notice their childhood sense of innocence and wonder about the world wearing off on you.

I spent Thursday night taking care of a friend’s incredibly precocious and adorable girls, rediscovering Barbie dolls, princesses, couch cushion forts, and the Disney channel… And trying to explain dial-up internet and a VCR to someone with her own tumblr page who’s had a cell phone since birth.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Another amazing thing about children is that they just never seem to run out of energy.

Even after the Barbies went to Prom and the princess married the dragon (don’t ask :-?), my babysitting charges weren’t the slightest bit tired. So we headed to the kitchen, because what child—or adult, for that matter—doesn’t love throwing random ingredients into a food processor and seeing what turns out? Today’s recipe is for our favorite of Thursday night’s kitchen experiments: chocolate peanut butter brownie bites.

We ate our snacks under the couch cushion fort.

chocolate brownie balls

(Hopefully, someday, I will be a really fun mom.)

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE BITES - No flour, No sugar, No baking required. Full recipe link: CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE BITES - No flour, No sugar, No baking required. Full recipe link:

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Print This Recipe 4.5/5

• 1/4 cup quick oats
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (or allergy-friendly alternative)
  • 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • jam-packed 1/4 cup dates (6 very small, or 43g)
  • if using unsalted peanut butter, add a pinch of salt
  • 1 tbsp water
  • handful mini chocolate chips
Total Time: 10m
Yield: 8-12 balls

Combine the first 5 ingredients (and salt, if using) in a food processor (not a blender unless you must) and process until fine crumbles form. Add the water and process again. Stir in some mini chocolate chips if desired. Transfer crumbles to a small bag, and smush into a big ball. Remove from the bag and break off pieces to roll into little balls. Recipe makes 8-12 balls, depending on how big you roll them.

View Peanut Butter Brownie Bites Nutrition Facts

caramel sauce

Healthy Caramel Sundaes

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Erica says:

These look AWESOME! 1st comment whoo!

2. Lauren says:

Looks good! If I used coconut flakes instead of oats would that turn out?

3. OMG my mouth is watering, these look amazing…good luck babysitting next time!! <3 C

4. Looks yummy! Love the picture of the stacked balls. So cute 😉 And I love the addition of dates

5. Christi says:

Hi Katie, I have a suggestion for a post. I think it would be helpful for your readers if you could write about how you personally save money on groceries and where to get good deals on the ingredients you use in your recipes. I know a lot of posts like that have been done on other blogs, but I would really enjoy reading your own post. Thanks for all the great recipes. I especially like the sugar-free, xylitol and stevia sweetened ones.

6. Kayla says:

These look delicious! No bake chocolate dessert; it’s gonna be a good weekend! Thanks so much Katie! <3

7. shanainka says:

Kids are okay for 8 hours, but if I had to raise them, I’d be suicidal

Kids can’t take care of themselves. You have to cook everything for them, see that they go to bed, wake up, brush their teeth, pee in the toilet, etc.

You have to help them with their school work. On top of that, every glitter glue snowman with cotton balls and popsicle sticks, you need to keep in your sacred archives until they go off to college.

You can never snap at them, even if they’re being an annoying little fvck. Speaking of which, you can never swear around them.

You have to give them life advice. Kids always want to be happy, but that’s not life.

They have terrible taste in TV and music. They never watch South Park, or The Boondocks, or Liberty’s Kids, they always want to watch dumb bees who can talk eat out of flowers while singing about environmentalism. Every character on a show meant for children under the age of 5 years old is

An anthropomorphic animal
    An anthropomorphic plant
    An anthropomorphic vehicle
    An anthropomorphic monster/mythical creature
    An anthropomorphic toy

As for music, they like anything with a 30 year old woman singing about buses and their constituent parts, farms and the animals on them, three mice who have lost their ability to see, spiders who overcome the rainy season, and a shepherd whose livestock can’t seem to stay in his/her own pasture.

1. Annie says:

You may think I’m crazy, but is actually enjoy all these things in choldraising. And I think that children actually have very good taste in entartajent and life philosophy, for precisely the reasons you mentioned

8. Carolyn says:

I’ve really been enjoying your recipes. This looks good too. I was wondering if there is a good substitute for the dates in the raw recipes like this.

1. Annie says:

I was wondering the same thing – bc i don’t have any dates on hand.

9. Livi says:

oh my gosh- yum!! I’m so glad I already have all the ingredients in my cupboard :)

10. Nicole says:

I’m assuming that you are just using regular (jarred, creamy) peanut butter unless otherwise stated, right? I don’t think peanut flour or PB2 would work but wanted to double-check…

11. Sherry Kirkman Lee says:

I was wondering about a substitution for the dates as well.

12. Liz says:

I made these as soon as I read this post. They are delicious and I’m sure my husband will think so too – if I’ve not eaten them all by the time he gets home!!!

13. CCK fan! says:

I just made these right now and they are good!
    There are times through-out the day where I get really hungry out of no where, and I need to ear right away. I made a big batch of these and stuck it in the fridge so that when I get hungry I have an instant protein snack.

1. CCK fan! says:

Oh man, I should have reread that.
      When I need to EAT right away. That is what I meant!

1. Annie says:

Lol. I think it’s pretty clear, don’t worry ; )

14. Christine Moore says:

Whenever you are ready for kids, I have no doubt you will be a fine mother. Just make sure to give your children some advice on how to explain their cool vegan lunches to their classmates at school.

15. Yum, I’ve got to try these! I’m a sucker for peanut butter, and chocolate, so these look delish.

16. Vegyogini says:

I babysat all through middle school and high school and always tried to have a fun craft or new coloring books or something interesting on hand. If I’d been a cook or baker back then, you’d better believe I would’ve had them experimenting in the kitchen! Sounds like you’re an awesome babysitter and you will make a very fun mom if you decide to have babies.

17. Love that the ingredients are so simple and I have almost all!

18. Nikki says:

A child you were BABYSITTING has a cell phone?! My goodness, how times have changed! I got my first cell phone in college (and have spent a good portion of my life thus far figuring out how to use it!)

I love to see another date-based recipe from you! I’m always looking for new ideas, and I think I might just go to the kitchen and make these now! 😉

19. Rosie says:

Can’t wait too try these. If they are half as good as your “babies’ they will be a winner in this household. We love your quick easy recipes

20. Nicola says:

Just made them, ( no choc Chips, added some sultanas)

Mmmmmm. Mmmmm!
    Doubled the recipe.
    They are in the fridge hardening.
    I think my tbsp ( nz one is 3 tsp = a tbslp in Aus it is 4 tsp, so maybe the same in America?) was smaller than an American one, as a tiny bit dry, so will do 3 tbslp of water next time. Thank you for your wonderful recipes. I use a lot of them .

21. Jessica A says:

I tried this with smoothie maker (lazy me hehe)! It’s so amazing! The flavour of chocolate and peanut butter is very intense that I can just indulge one small ball and satisfy my chocolate craving without worrying too much on calorie intake. Thank you so much for creating such a quick healthy snack :)

22. Laura says:

I just made these and LOVED them! So easy and super delicious! Thanks for a great recipe. :)

23. Stacia says:

Babysitting can be insane! I have totally tried to wear out my charges through cooking before, too. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
    On another note, these look awesome. I will definitely be trying some!

24. Charlotte says:

I just made these and they’re delicious! My dates had gone completely dry, so I used a little bit of honey as a sweetener and they taste great. The one thing I’ve noticed though is that these are absolutely tiny when I try to make 8 of them, barely larger than the tip of my thumb. 50 calories is a lot for a snack that tiny, so I think I’ll be saving those for my boyfriend. 😉 Nonetheless, great recipe!

25. Tammela says:

These look amazing — definitely going to make them soon. Do you think something instead of dates could be used to bind it together?

26. Looks very jummie! Dates and chocolate, perfect combination!

27. Cat W. says:

This is just a question about equipment. Have you used a Ninja blender for your recipes, or do you know anything about them? I need a new blender, but I also don’t have a food processor. I want to do recipes like these, but I need the best bang for my buck. A Vitamix is out of the question entirely. Ninja has a ton of options (including some with food processing attachments, I think?), so if you know anything and could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

1. Kelly says:

Hi Cat, I have a Ninja and make everything in it. It works wonderfully! Yes, I think the Ninja would be the best bang for your buck. I bought mine at Costco for a steal. I know Bed Bath and Beyond has a new model. Good luck.

1. Cat W. says:

Thanks for your reply! Do you use the food processor attachment or just the blender for these kinds of recipes?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

You don’t need to use any attachments on the food processor.
          But the recipe says not to use a blender.

2. Amy says:

I use a Ninja where it calls for a food processor. I try not to do stuff like this in the Vitamix though I own one… Especially if you buy the MasterPrep it should work just fine…

28. Kelly says:

I just made a double batch. They turned out great!!! Thanks, Katy.

29. April says:

I made these the other day and sent some to school with my 3-year old. This morning he woke up and asked me to send more of “the balls” today. :) …And now there are a few leftovers for me! Thanks, Katie!

30. Emily says:

Made a double batch of these for my siblings. Wow! These are great!

31. Lisa says:

I just made these, and they are delicious! So glad I have found your site.

32. Abby says:

I made these delicious treats and left the cocoa out. They make a filling snack. Thanks for the recipe!

33. Kasmira says:

Still no response for all of us looking to substitute something I. Place of the dates? Applesauce? Or…..?

1. Denise says:

You can use dried figs or raisins or any dried fruit.

34. Amy says:

There’s really no substitute for dates in recipes like this. I’ve made lots of raw brownie bite recipes (including this one,) and other similar type recipes, and the one thing they all have are dates. I am, a date hater, however after following the recipes mostly as directed, you can tell that the dates serve not only as sweetener, but they are also the thing that binds them together. Try to come up with your own substitution at your own risk, really. IMO, anyway. Nothing else is quite the same consistency of dates ground up or processed, but the good thing is, is that you cannot taste them at all. And, this recipe is awesome! I’ve played with it some; doubling it; adding in cocoa nibs and part peanut butter part homemade nutella. Any way you alter it, it’s amazingly good!

1. Gail says:

Great recipe! I used dried apricots, because that was what I had handy. Reconstituted them in some warm water first. Next time, I will add coconut also. Thank you for the recipe and tips!

35. Kaylee says:

I gave up highly processed foods for Lent (like things made in a factory with unhealthy ingredients) and have been craving something easy, delicious, and natural. These were SO PERFECT!! I would definitely make them again, and they will be one of those things I can give to my friends as well. Thanks Katie! 😀

36. melanie says:

Love your site and all the snacks! What would be a good sub for the dates??? I know others asked, but I couldn’t find an answer. Thanks!

1. melanie says:

sorry after I posted I did see the answer! thank you!

37. Sheri says:

We just made these and they are 10 *s. We made a single batch and they were devoured in 30 seconds so we made a quadruple batch. Thanks Katie.

38. Mary Ann says:

Just made these! So good – you would never know it’s dates making them sweet! Gonna need to double the recipe next time!

39. Cary says:

Don’t know if anyone said this yet but if you don’t have dates on hand raisins are also delicious!!

40. junie says:

Katie I made a delicious treat from dates and cocoa sometime ago. forget what it was. could you tell me where to find it please. I want to make it again. It was waaaaaaaay delicious. thanks junie

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

German Chocolate Fudge Bites or Fudge Babies, most likely :-)

41. Natasha says:

Should dried or fresh dates be used in this recipe? Thanks, Natasha

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

42. BA Van Rees says:

I absolutely love these. I’m really glad I can eat them without questioning what I’m doing to my body because I want to eat them ALL!

43. martina says:

Thank you for a gluten free recipe! This so refreshing!

44. Nina says:

Ooh I just made these and they’re SO SO GOOD! I put some of your banana butter and your chocolate banana-split butter on top of them and they’re absolutely delicious! But I was just wondering – how do you store these? I’m afraid the fridge might dry them out so do you just put them in a container or plastic wrap them and leave them out at room temperature? Thanks so much, Katie! :)

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Out overnight or fridge a week or freeze three weeks.

45. Christie says:

I literally just made these and they’re delicious! They taste fantastic as is. Next time I might dip them in chocolate and let them harden, but they’re super tasty the way the are.

46. Rowena says:

What can you use instead of oats? My kids have a severe intolerance to them. Thanks

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Any flake would probably do. Try spelt flakes in the bulk section of a health food store or from Eden brand (Google the brand). Or kamut flakes.

47. Jessica says:

Great flavor combination, tasty, and quick to make!

48. Heather says:

Just made these and they are amazing!!! Made a perfect lazy-Sunday-morning breakfast :)

49. Jodie says:

Omg these are so delicious. I made them to the exact recipe but I made another batch with coconut butter in place of peanut butter so I could send them as kindergarten lunchbox snacks and they were just as good only allergy and a little healthier!

50. unanymous says:

could you post how to make them? that would be awesome! thanks. no one send me any spam messages.

51. Julie says:

My 3 year old grandson is mildly allergic to peanut butter. Will almond butter work?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

52. Jamie says:

I had a major chocolate craving and a new package of dates. I googled the two and your website and voila! These delectable little bites did not dissapoint. So yummy. Exactly what I needed.

53. Christy c says:

OMG. A little trouble with big pay off. These are addictive and good for you. Make like a quadruple batch you’ll be glad you did. Love love love these.

54. love this idea for an after school snack for misses 7 and 9 :)

55. Mary says:

I just made these they are very rich and full of chocolate flavor. I used PB2 4 tbls with 4 tbls of water and made the peanut butter. I left out the chips, mine came out to 36 calories per ball, I made 8 balls total. These will certainly satisfy the chocolate craving.