Candy Cane Pudding Pie

We elves try to stick to the four main food groups.

Candy Cane Pudding Pie - creamy, dreamy, rich, pepperminty pudding pie / no bake http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/12/16/candy-cane-pudding-pie/ @choccoveredkt

Candy.

Candy canes.

Candy corns…

Peppermint Pie

And syrup!

Representing three of Buddy the Elf’s four main food groups hopefully means this pudding pie would earn Will Ferrell’s stamp of approval.

You did it! Congratulations! World’s best cup of coffee pudding pie! Great job, everybody! It’s great to be here.

candy cane pie   Candy Cane Pudding Pie

And… if you’ve never seen the movie Elf, I’ve probably just gone and totally confused you now.

Sorry. 🙁

Candy Cane Pudding Pie

• 2/3 cup milk of choice
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
  • 1 cup cream cheese spread – both Daiya and Tofutti work
  • 1 1/2 packed cups MoriNu Tofu (180g) OR 1 cup coconut butter
  • If using tofu, add 3 tbsp vegetable or melted coconut oil (30g)
  • pinch pure stevia or 6 tbsp sugar of choice (Or more maple syrup and decrease milk by 1/3 cup)

Blend all ingredients until a completely smooth consistency is reached. Pour into a prepared 9-inch crust (either store-bought or my healthy pie crust recipe). Leave the pie uncovered, or cover very loosely, and refrigerate overnight. The pudding pie will firm up as it sits.

View Pudding Pie Nutrition Facts

elf photo

Question of the Day:

What are your favorite holiday movies?

Apparently I have terrible taste in Christmas movies. Two of my all-time favorites (Elf and The Santa Clause) were panned by critics when they first came out. Other favorites include It’s a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Love, Actually, and Home Alone. Really, I just like all Christmas movies.

Link Of The Day:

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Best Elf screenshot ever.
    This pie looks uber festive!

2. Oh my!! This reminds me of one of my favourite cheesecakes – candy cane cheesecake!! I can’t wait to make this!!! Looks amazing! My favourite holiday movie will always be the Charlie Brown Christmas Special – not sure if that constitutes as a movie but it will always have such a special place in my heart!

3. Deanne O'Donnell says:

My favorites are Scrooged, Elf, It’s a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story.

4. I. Love. This. Not entirely, but mostly because you mention Elf. Is the nutritional information based on adding the 6 tablespoons of sugar?

5. I LOVE Elf! Son of a nutcracker! It gets me every time! I really can’t wait to try this pudding pie, it looks delish! Hope you have a great Christmas 🙂

6. Shannon says:

I just watched Elf and The Santa Clause yesterday. Both of them. That must be why I love your recipes. I have been making food from your recipes for several months now and I have to tell you they are very kid friendly. My three kids LOVE your food. I am going to go straight out now and buy the ingredients I need for this pudding pie and make it for a special treat for them tonight. Thanks for the fab recipes. Keep it up, you are a real treasure.

1. Shannon Valerio says:

I made this last night. I substituted the oil with a just-ripe banana. It was -15 degrees outside here, so it cooled very quickly and set quite firmly. YOu couldn’t taste the banana flavour at all. Kids gobbled it up. My vegan kids send you a big thanks for the yummy treats.

1. Thank you so much for making it. I love your idea to use banana!

7. Omg LOVE Elf! It’s just so funny! My three other favorites are The Santa Clause, Home Alone and How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

8. Alaina says:

My favorite holiday movies are White Christmas and The Muppet Christmas Carol.

I love The Santa Clause too! My mom actually named our cat Charlie because of that movie. 🙂

9. Jennifer says:

This pie looks yummy! My favourite Christmas movies are “Love, Actually,” “Elf,” “Home Alone,” and “Home Alone 2.” I have never understood why movie critics hated Elf. It’s such a cute and funny Christmas movie.

10. 58Teresa says:

Just love love – Queen latifah in “Last Holiday” –
    I do wish they’d bring the actual Christmas day in – but other than that relative downplay – it is one of my faves!

11. Anita says:

love, love, love the ELF references! this looks SO yummy – can’t wait to give it a try!

12. Katy says:

Omg, loveeee Elf! It’s by far my favourite holiday movie. This dessert looks delicious and I bet Buddy the elf would approve!

13. Yum! I have been loving EVERYTHING peppermint lately. I’ll have to try this with extra cream cheese instead of the Tofu and let you know how it goes!

14. Lori says:

This looks good & very Christmasy! You have great taste in Christmas movies, by the way. I loved “Elf”! I have a quick conversion question. How do I convert your recipes to Diabetic-friendly for my Dad? I would like to use liquid Stevia, but I really don’t know how to substitute it. Thanks!!

15. D @ The Kosher Cave Girl says:

This looks so yummy! Maybe it’s because I’m a ’90’s child, but my favorite holiday movie is (and always has been) Home Alone 2.

16. Rosene S says:

ELF!!!

17. Beth B says:

How many servings did you go by for the nutritional info? Also, is the sofa silken or is it more firm than that? I haven’t had much “tofu experience” but I’m learning. Thanks, Katie. This looks delicious!

18. That looks awesome!

As for holiday movies, I’m a fan of the classics. Rudolph, Frosty, anything narrated by Burl Ives.

19. Sam says:

Just thought you should know.. Today is National Chocolate Covered Day!

20. laura says:

love the movie elf! my fav however is still The Santa Clause with Tim Allen. This recipe looks delicious and reminds me of your mind fudge pie. I don’t usually by cream cheese (dairy or vegan) but I wonder how it would taste with some melted white chocolate? I’ll let you know if I experiment