Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Candy Cane Pudding Pie

We elves try to stick to the four main food groups.

Candy Cane Pudding Pie

Candy canes.

Candy corns…

Peppermint Pie

And syrup!

Representing three of Buddy the Elf’s four main food groups hopefully means this pudding pie would earn Will Ferrell’s stamp of approval. You did it! Congratulations! World’s best cup of coffee pudding pie! Great job, everybody! It’s great to be here.

candy cane pie   Candy Cane Pudding Pie

And… if you’ve never seen the movie Elf, I’ve probably just gone and totally confused you now.

Sorry. :(

Peppermint Pie

Candy Cane Pudding Pie

• 2/3 cup milk of choice (160g)
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (70g)
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (14g)
  • 3/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
  • 1 cup cream cheese spread (both Daiya and Tofutti work well) (240g)
  • 1 1/2 cups MoriNu Tofu, packed (If anyone tries replacing this with an equal amount of extra cream cheese, please report back with results.) (180g)
  • 3 tbsp vegetable or melted coconut oil (30g)
  • pinch pure stevia or 6 tbsp sugar of choice (Or more maple syrup and decrease milk by 1/3 cup)

Blend all ingredients until a completely-smooth consistency is reached. Pour into a prepared 9-inch crust (either store-bought or my healthy pie crust recipe). Leave the pie uncovered, or cover very loosely, and refrigerate overnight. The pudding pie will firm up as it sits.

View Pudding Pie Nutrition Facts

elf photo

Question of the Day:

What are your favorite holiday movies?

Apparently I have terrible taste in Christmas movies. Two of my all-time favorites (Elf and The Santa Clause) were panned by critics when they first came out. Other favorites include It’s a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Love, Actually, and Home Alone. Really, I just like all Christmas movies.

Link of the Day: Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Best Elf screenshot ever.
    This pie looks uber festive!

2. Oh my!! This reminds me of one of my favourite cheesecakes – candy cane cheesecake!! I can’t wait to make this!!! Looks amazing! My favourite holiday movie will always be the Charlie Brown Christmas Special – not sure if that constitutes as a movie but it will always have such a special place in my heart!

3. Deanne O'Donnell says:

My favorites are Scrooged, Elf, It’s a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story.

4. I. Love. This. Not entirely, but mostly because you mention Elf. Is the nutritional information based on adding the 6 tablespoons of sugar?

5. I LOVE Elf! Son of a nutcracker! It gets me every time! I really can’t wait to try this pudding pie, it looks delish! Hope you have a great Christmas :)

6. Shannon says:

I just watched Elf and The Santa Clause yesterday. Both of them. That must be why I love your recipes. I have been making food from your recipes for several months now and I have to tell you they are very kid friendly. My three kids LOVE your food. I am going to go straight out now and buy the ingredients I need for this pudding pie and make it for a special treat for them tonight. Thanks for the fab recipes. Keep it up, you are a real treasure.

1. Shannon Valerio says:

I made this last night. I substituted the oil with a just-ripe banana. It was -15 degrees outside here, so it cooled very quickly and set quite firmly. YOu couldn’t taste the banana flavour at all. Kids gobbled it up. My vegan kids send you a big thanks for the yummy treats.

1. Thank you so much for making it. I love your idea to use banana!

7. Omg LOVE Elf! It’s just so funny! My three other favorites are The Santa Clause, Home Alone and How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

8. Alaina says:

My favorite holiday movies are White Christmas and The Muppet Christmas Carol.

I love The Santa Clause too! My mom actually named our cat Charlie because of that movie. :-)

9. This looks so yummy! Maybe it’s because I’m a ’90’s child, but my favorite holiday movie is (and always has been) Home Alone 2.

10. laura says:

love the movie elf! my fav however is still The Santa Clause with Tim Allen. This recipe looks delicious and reminds me of your mind fudge pie. I don’t usually by cream cheese (dairy or vegan) but I wonder how it would taste with some melted white chocolate? I’ll let you know if I experiment

11. Jennifer says:

This pie looks yummy! My favourite Christmas movies are “Love, Actually,” “Elf,” “Home Alone,” and “Home Alone 2.” I have never understood why movie critics hated Elf. It’s such a cute and funny Christmas movie.

12. 58Teresa says:

Just love love – Queen latifah in “Last Holiday” –
    I do wish they’d bring the actual Christmas day in – but other than that relative downplay – it is one of my faves!

13. Anita says:

love, love, love the ELF references! this looks SO yummy – can’t wait to give it a try!

14. Katy says:

Omg, loveeee Elf! It’s by far my favourite holiday movie. This dessert looks delicious and I bet Buddy the elf would approve!

15. Yum! I have been loving EVERYTHING peppermint lately. I’ll have to try this with extra cream cheese instead of the Tofu and let you know how it goes!

16. Lori says:

This looks good & very Christmasy! You have great taste in Christmas movies, by the way. I loved “Elf”! I have a quick conversion question. How do I convert your recipes to Diabetic-friendly for my Dad? I would like to use liquid Stevia, but I really don’t know how to substitute it. Thanks!!

17. Rosene S says:

18. Beth B says:

How many servings did you go by for the nutritional info? Also, is the sofa silken or is it more firm than that? I haven’t had much “tofu experience” but I’m learning. Thanks, Katie. This looks delicious!

19. That looks awesome!

As for holiday movies, I’m a fan of the classics. Rudolph, Frosty, anything narrated by Burl Ives.

20. Sam says:

Just thought you should know.. Today is National Chocolate Covered Day!

21. Emilylovesraisins says:

lol love buddy the elf! this pie looks AMAZINGGGG but where do you get mori nu tofu? the only kind i have available is regular and sadly it tastes rather tofu-y (i’ve only ever made you cream cheese frosting successfully with it) :(

1. I find it at whole foods. I think you can also order online if needed.

22. Yum, a minty dessert which doesn’t have chocolate! Hallelujah Katie!

23. I love A Christmas Story! “It’s a major award!” Gets me every time!

24. I died. These are amazing. And I love Elf 😛

25. Lauren says:

I love Elf! That photo cracked me up. Have you seen Christmas in Connecticut? It’s a black and white movie with Barbara Stanwyck. Really cute and romantic.

26. Catherine says:

Lol! I love that movie – will def have to try this recipe during my Christmas break!

27. Swiftie22 says:

This looks ABSOLUTELY good!!! Some of my fave Christmas movies include: Elf, The Santa Clause, Good Luck Charlie: Its Christmas, and Deck The Halls (with Danny DeVito). I also love Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas because I used to watch it when I was 5 or 4, and it brings back many good memories when I watch it (I’m currently 13). :)

28. This pie is just gorgeous! Beautiful job.

29. Elise says:

Nobody needs to listen to the critics. I just watched Elf and The Santa Clause this week – they are also two of my very favourites. The live-action Grinch and Christmas Vacation (despite the cringe-worthy parts) are also well loved at my house!

The pie looks delish – I might just try it this Christmas :)

30. becauseHeloves! says:

This looks amazing! I love ELF. I saw it for the first time last week, and it killed me when he was eating all that spaghetti! I was like, he needs green beans or something! Ahhhh! Hahahah.

31. Elf is definitely my favorite holiday movie! I love when he sprays the fruit spray in his mouth! This pie looks delicious. I love peppermint flavors anytime of the year.

32. This looks yummy. My favorite holiday movie is Christmas Vacation!

33. Vaishali says:

I love It’s a Wonderful Life, but then I love all Christmas movies too! :)
    The pie looks fantastic.

34. Mmm this looks amazing! I live in Korea now so sometimes ingredients for your recipes are hard to come by but I think I can actually get everything so I’m going to try making this for our expat Christmas party! :) I grew up on the movie “A Christmas Story” but Buddy is my all time favorite elf. 😉

35. Carrie says:

Definitely Home Alone! Can’t wait to make this pie. I love all things peppermint this time of year!

36. Katie A says:

You could have not posted this recipie at a more perfect time! I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed today and since i will be on a soft food diet for the next week I was thinking christmas dessert was going to be limited to vegan eggnog this year. I might make this with cashew cream cheese though since I’m pretty soy intolerant. If I do I’ll let you know how it turns out. And of course my favorite christmas movie is a christmas story, since I live in a suburb of Cleveland.

37. Elf is the best Christmas movie! Love that you used tofu in this recipe, I can’t wait to test it out!

38. It seems like elf is everyone’s fav! I have yet to see it! I suppose I must now :) Pie looks divine!

39. Lucia says:

The final exam for my neuroscience class is today. While studying motivation, I learned about a particular peptide Cholecystokinin, which is called CCK for short! It was easy to memorize its functions because they are closely aligned with your own CCK blog. CCK is a peptide found in the intestines, and is released in response to food, especially fatty foods — just as many recipes on your blog highlight excellent healthy fats. High CCK release levels provide satiety signals to the brain and inhibit further feeding — just as your recipes provide treats so satisfying and delicious there’s no need to overeat!

40. Saraquill says:

I adore “Tokyo Godfathers.”

41. alexa says:

Do you think if I put this recipe into individual cupcake liners it would still firm up the same as if it was in a pie pan? Or is this a silly question haha

1. I think it might need the crust

42. Eileen says:

I’m doing something wrong. I made this 2x & both times it was runny. I used firm & extra firm tofu. Even placed one in the freezer. Any suggestions? Less milk? Am going to try to make it again for Xmas dinner. Sprinkled the top w/crushed candy canes. Tasted great!

1. Hi Eileen,
      Is it runny just to begin with… or is it runny even after sitting overnight uncovered in the fridge?

43. Cindy P says:

Taste was great but very runny even after 12 hours in fridge. Followed directions exactly. Hmmmm wonder why

1. Did you go by the emailed version of the recipe or the one directly on here? The emailed version had a typo (too much milk), and it’s fixed in the original post above but unfortunately I can’t fix the email. I am so sorry for the mistake :(

44. Jennifer says:

I followed your directions but my pies never set. I used skim milk and firm tofu and best choice cream cheese spread. Any ideas what went wrong? Thanks!

1. Hi Jennifer,

1. Jennifer D. says:

Thanks for the heads up. I *think* I used what was in the recipe above but I have slept since then 😉 I am going to try it again. The flavor was great! I may or may not have tried it with a spoon before tossing it.

45. Lauren says:

I made this without the peppermint extract and chopped up some fresh fruit to put on top and it’s delicious! I’m lactose intolerant and you have the best non-dairy desserts anywhere online! Been following your blog for years now, keep posting deliciousness :)

46. JRod says:

Everytime I see this I think it looks so pretty but never make it because I’m not a fan of peppermint but now I think I can convert it into a coconut cream pie. I think substituting full fat coconut milk for the milk, sweetening with cream of coconut, and adding in shredded coconut. Then maybe toppig with toasted coconut and coconut cream whip! Do you think it will work?

47. Ann says:

I have a suggestion for a holiday style pie, in time for Christmas! I didn’t try it yet, so I can’t give measurements, here’s what I’m thinking of doing:
    For the crust, bake your grain free sugar cookies–adding in cinnamon, nutmeg, and mollasses for the holiday touch–bake em crispy, then crush them in a food processor with some Earth Balance.
    For the filling, first brown some coconut butter (got the idea from here, then into a processor toss that, a package silken firm tofu, liquid sweetener (since I’m low carb, I would make this “caramel” with erythritol, mollasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, bit of allspice, salt, vanilla, and butter extract or flavor. Poor into crust, fridge up, and eat!

48. Ann says:

Oh and also add a couple tablespoons coconut flour for an extra touch of that cookie flavor/texture.

1. Ann says:

Made it! Oh so fabulous! If I had a blog, this more people would know about this deliciousness….

49. Tress Rabne says:

Hi, CCK! I made this last year, and we all loved it. This year, I was having the neighbors over for dinner, just before our kids went to hear the orchestra’s Christmas program. I don’t know them very well, but I’m pretty sure they’re not “tofu” people. I thought of this pie, and wondered how I would make it easily divisible among 9 people, and a little “disguised” from it’s healthiness. I got clear, small plastic cups. Instead of a pie crust, I put a broken up Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe-Joe (which is vegan) on the bottom, divided the pudding among the cups, and then let them sit in the fridge. I offered more Joe-Joe’s for the top, but I had guests who like dessert, but don’t want too much sugar. The kids, however, broke up more Joe-Joe’s. Everyone LOVED it.

50. Rachel says:

Can this pie be frozen?

Also, does she mean silken tofu?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

MoriNu silken-firm. Ask for MoriNu, as it has a different flavor (less of an aftertaste). Ask at whole foods or buy from amazon. I would not recommend freezing, but you can always try.