These healthy chocolate workout bars are packed with protein and wholesome ingredients, yet they taste like you’re eating a gooey chocolate fudge brownie!
Plus there’s NO oven required!
If you’re looking for a new go-to healthy chocolate snack or breakfast bar, definitely give these chocolate workout bars a try.
The recipe can be completely vegan, oil free, gluten free, soy free, nut free, low calorie, flourless, dairy free, and egg free.
You may also like: Healthy Banana Bread
The portable healthy snack bars can be packed into a lunchbox or taken on the go.
You can also freeze leftover bars for up to three months, to have on hand and quickly grab for breakfast on a rushed morning, perhaps with a Strawberry Smoothie or a homemade Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.
For a nut free option, feel free to use sunbutter, wow butter, or coconut butter. And change up the flavor by adding a half teaspoon of instant coffee or pure vanilla extract, or switch out the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips.
Still craving chocolate? Make Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Above, watch the chocolate workout bar recipe video
Chocolate Workout Bars
- 1 can black beans (for low carb, try these Keto Protein Bars)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice or oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, honey, agave, or date syrup
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup oat flour or almond flour, or 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (not optional)
- optional chocolate coating below
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment or wax paper. Drain and rinse beans very well. Blend all ingredients except chips in a good food processor (a blender works if you must, but you should routinely stop the blender and stir to ensure ingredients blend evenly). Stir in chips. Smooth into prepared pan, and freeze to set. *Optional chocolate coating: Chill bars at least half an hour, then either melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 2 tsp oil to form a thin sauce OR whisk 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, and 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave to form a sauce. Spread over the bars, then freeze to set the chocolate.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Healthy Protein Recipes
(Or these Keto Protein Bars)