Chocolate and peanut butter join forces in these irresistibly soft and delicious vegan peanut butter blossom cookies!
This is a great recipe to bookmark for any time you need a bake sale or holiday dessert.
They disappear like lightning at parties – no one can resist the pillow-soft peanut butter cookies, with their seductive rich chocolate centers.
Peanut butter blossoms have always been one of my favorite recipes too, because they combine my two all-time favorite foods.
Also Try These Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
Three options if you want to make them vegan:
Option one is to add a square of chocolate bar—or a few chocolate chips—instead of a Hershey Kiss.
Option two is to buy a kiss-shaped mold on Amazon. It’s good for making chocolate fat bombs too.
For the actual peanut butter cookies, feel free to use smooth or crunchy peanut butter; or other nut and seed butters also work, such as almond or sunbutter. The cookies are great if you want to stir in a handful of crushed peanuts too.
Trending Right Now: Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Above – watch the video on how to make the peanut butter blossom cookies!
(Recipe adapted from the original Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies)
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, or allergy-friendly sub
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp flour (spelt, white, oat, sorghum, and rice all work)
- 1/3 cup sugar, unrefined if desired
- 2 tbsp applesauce or milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 chocolate bar of choice
- For the chocolate centers, you can either break the bar into squares or use this Kiss Candy Mold.If peanut butter is not stir-able, gently warm it until soft. Combine all ingredients except chocolate, and stir to form a dough. Roll into balls. If you want soft cookies, refrigerate at least 1 hour. (Or freeze the balls to bake at another time.) Preheat oven to 350 F. Flatten balls a little with a fork or spoon, then press a square of chocolate or a Kiss in the center of each. Bake 8 minutes – they should look underdone when you remove them from the oven. Let cool 10 minutes before handling, during which time they will firm up.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
MORE COOKIE RECIPES:
Snowball Cookies – 60 calories each
(50 healthy recipes, including Emoji Sugar Cookies)