Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

What is the deal with guys and cars???

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Why are guys so fascinated by cars? I’ll never understand it.

My dad is especially interested in cars—old cars, new cars, car maintenance, etc. He has an old car–an MGB–and he throws it a birthday party every year! This year, I made the cake:

1. Bianca says:

Cute! I wish you could make the same cake for my boyfriend’s birthday, which is next weekend. He’s a car salesman and I think he loves his Mitsubishi Eclipse more than he does me…not really, but it’s a close second.

2. Jennifer says:

I wish I knew what was up with guys with cars. My theory (though very un-scientific) is that it is a way in which to measure ‘manhood’, haven’t been able to think of anything else. :-)

That cake is adorable.

3. Bonnie says:

I bet that cake made your friend happy – it looks awesome! I should get some food colouring so I can try and decorate a cake with different colours, too, though I don’t think I could make it look that good. The writing is really well done as well. What did you use for the decorations?

Ooh, that’s cool that Happy Herbivore is going to write a cookbook – I’m always interested in vegan cookbooks! 😀 I’m sure you’ll have a good time testing for her :)

4. Ricki says:

Gorgeous cake! And I’ll join the chorus to say that the HH, too, loves cars. . . can’t explain it!

5. Robin says:

The cake looks great! Was it vegan? Just curious!

6. Sophie says:

psychoanalysis says car = “prolongation of their penises” or “return to the womb” :)!!!
    Lovely cake as ever, you’re a star!!!

7. poopiebitch says:

Your cake is awesome! Did you make the car out of fondant? The inside looks so yummy, too!

8. veganforone says:

Aww that cake is so cute! And you’re right, what is it with guy and cars?? It’s like some kind of power??

9. Wheeler's Frozen Dessert says:

There need to be more theme-birthday parties for adults, just for cakes like this one!

10. Simple and Divine says:

You’re AMAZING!! OMG, the detail on that cake is so awesome. Like daaaang 😉
    Seriously, it’s so pretty. You should make my birthday cake!! Haha, just kidding. Though I’d love it, I was totally joking (ahem…not.)

I hope you enjoyed your Friday Twin!

11. lengslog says:

They found the right person to make the cake because that is one good lookin’ cake!

12. Vegan_Noodle says:

Love the car cake… the hood ornament appeared on the cut cake, did you add it later? That is some nice fondant work (I’m assuming that’s what it is). I bought my first bucket of fondany today and will be experimenting in the coming weeks! Wish you could come down and teach me a thing or two!

13. linds says:

what a gorgeous cake!!! I love the colors too, the birthday boy is so lucky to have you as a friend!

14. Happy Herbivore! says:

katie, you are so unbelievably talented – that cake is so amazing and i want a piece so bad! i love all the bright colors!!

and I am so happy you are on the squad – I think you’re addicted to that loaf 😛

15. Ruby Red Vegan says:

Ooh that car is so cute! I would love to drive a real one that looks just like that! And your handwriting on the cake is so perky and perfect. Yay for your awesome cake!

I’m kind of with you on the chocolate thing – I can usually tell the difference between a good-quality chocolate and a lesser-quality one, but I almost always think it is yummy either way!

16. Vaishali says:

Lovely cake, Chocolatecoveredvegan! No wonder your friend loved it.

17. shellyfish says:

Hourrah for cake! Super-cute decorating job indeed! How did you make the car (just out of curiosity) my little one is turning 3 on May 2nd so I’m looking for ideas.

18. keeta says:

That cake is sooooo cute! What an awesome friend you are.

Ok I have a funny perspective about the car thing. First, my husband and I couldn’t care less about cars in general. We moved to Detroit 4 years ago and are completely mystified by the obsession with cars. Then we produce one small baby boy who is OBSESSED with cars, trucks, trains, construction equipment – pretty much anything with an engine. As a feminist and a former women’s studies student, I am LOATHE to say that this is a hard-wired trait of boys….but I really can’t offer you any other explanation. We did not expose him to cars any more than we did dolls, stuffed animals, blocks, books, etc. So now I just have to have a daughter and see if she’s obsessed with cars and trucks, too! 😉

19. Billy says:

Wow, this cake looks so good! I just blogged about it and linked to it here: http://vegtalk.blogspot.com/2008/04/awesome-vegan-cake.html

I also answered your question about guys and cars. :)

20. Simple and Divine says:

Loverdover: I need some help with my recipes for Passover! HELP! You’re a sweet-treat connaisseur and I have no clue what I’m about to embark on here :-\

Say Hi to the Pups from Boozy and I!!

21. Jess - The Domestic Vegan says:

How cute are you?! That cake is adorable, and how sweet of you to do that for your friend!

22. loveofoats says:

That is an AMAZING cake!!!!

Great job :)

23. Binx says:

that is a beautifully decorated cake!

24. Anke says:

this cake is sooo coool! great job :-)

25. bean_mix says:

why are you so talented? WHY?
    That cake looks to scrummy- and almost too perfect to eat!
    I am a car whore- My car is pretty much a decked out bomb with mag wheels, mad sound system, thick exhaust. All in all not very environment friendly. But I dont use it that much ^^’

26. ChocolateCoveredVegan says:

Ooh linds, are you starting a blog?

27. linds says:

so observant :) I am indeed, except I have exams this week so I don’t know how much I’ll be able to start.. But I created it now anyway because I am procrastinating lol and what better thing to do than create a blog when I should be studying?!? I hope you stay tuned though, I have big blog plans :)

28. ChocolateCoveredVegan says:

linds– you can definitely bet that I will be keeping up with your blog plans! It really IS a great way to procrastinate!!!