Vegan Peanut Butter Chips

Vegan peanut butter chips – healthy and homemade!

NO corn syrup, NO refined sugar, NO trans fat - Healthy Peanut Butter Chips: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/04/22/healthy-homemade-vegan-peanut-butter-chips/

Less than a minute to make… and they literally MELT in your mouth!

More addictive than the most addictive thing you’ve ever eaten. these homemade peanut butter chips are also healthier than packaged chips (no partially-hydrogenated oils, refined sugar, artificial flavors, or corn syrup solids in these vegan peanut butter chips), and they taste a million times better.

Healthy Peanut Butter Chips

You only need 3 ingredients!

However, you will want to eat them all without sharing, so be sure that you plan accordingly. (Do you remember Earl, my alligator friend who protects my food? I’m now willing to rent him out to whomever offers me the most chocolate in return. Let the bidding commence.)

Vegan Peanut Butter Chips

Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

Ingredients

• 4 tbsp virign coconut oil or cacao butter (40g)
  • 8 leveled tbsp peanut flour (PB2 or Betty Lou’s) (48g)
  • 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (14g) (For a sugar-free version, replace the maple syrup with 1 extra tbsp oil and stevia drops to taste.)
Total Time: 10m

Instructions

Peanut butter chips recipe: Melt the first ingredient if it’s not already liquid. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir well to form a paste. (Note: I personally much prefer the taste of the chips when made with coconut oil. However, use the cacao butter if you wish to bake with the chips.) Smooth into candy molds or onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper, and freeze until solid. If using the wax/parchment option, break chips into pieces once fitm. The coconut version of these vegan peanut butter chips should be stored in the freezer; the cacao butter version can be stored in the fridge, freezer, or at room temperature.

View Peanut Butter Chips Nutrition Facts

Homemade Peanut Butter Chips: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/04/22/healthy-homemade-vegan-peanut-butter-chips/

Do you ever worry about food thieves?

When someone in his office stole Ross’s sandwich (on Friends), I figured it was just exaggerated slapstick comedy. But in my first year of college, I learned those types of food thieves really do exist. Girls in my dorm took to writing on their containers, “I have a cold. Steal my food and you’ll get my germs,” yet the thieves still persisted. My roommate says it happens in her office as well, with people routinely taking coworkers’ lunches. Thankfully, the only one who ever steals my food nowadays is Henry.

LINK OF THE DAY:

cookie dough baked oatmeal

.Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal

Tags: , , , ,

1. I love how EASY these look to make! Definitely adding these to the bookmarks to make soon.

2. Lisa says:

Ohhh what a fabulous idea! I’ve only done this with cacao powder and coconut oil, but never thought of peanut flour. Love it.

3. This is one of those recipes that looks so good and simple I almost wish I hadn’t seen it because I know it’s gonna get me in trouble!

4. I like how they look like little jewels. Little peanut butter jewels. Do you think they would melt if I made them into one of those candy necklaces? Or a bracelet? They probably won’t last long enough for that.

1. Chocolate Covered Katie says:

If you use the cacao butter version, I think it would work. Maybe not outside, in the middle of the summer, but if you’re indoors it should be fine.

5. I love the shape of your chips! They’re cute!

6. Danielle says:

These looks great! I’m very careful to stay away from hydrogenated oils. Thanks!

7. Sara says:

YUM, I love just about anything with PB in it!! These look so tasty, and its amazing how cute they turned out considering there is only 3 ingredients! Looks like you spent half a day making them in a confectioner’s shop!

8. These look amazing! I can’t wait to try them! But I have a peanut allergy, so I’ll try making these with sunflower seed or almond flour and report back. :)
    The only food thief I have to worry about is my friend who likes to check my lunch box at school. Sometimes, my chips like to mysteriously disappear…. 😉

9. Ooh I love that you made these with peanut flour! I can only imagine how melt-in-your-mouth they are – coconut oil has that effect on everything. Amazing!

10. I love that these have no hydrogenated oils in them! I hate peanut butter that has them so this is fantastic!

11. Karrie says:

Thank you for what you do. Everything I have ever tried has been wonderful!

I hope you don’t mind a whole post dedicated to you? :)

12. I’ve never found cocoa butter in a store, but i definitely think it’s worth ordering online to make this! :)

13. Kitty Bea says:

Why would I want to make the more addictive recipe than the most addictive thing I’ve ever eaten? XD jk, this recipe looks like a keeper. 😀

14. Cerissa says:

What a fabulous recipe!!! Thank you!

Just in case anyone is looking for peanut flour… this is the best I have found for the price: http://www.iherb.com/Protein-Plus-Roasted-All-Natural-Peanut-Flour-32-oz-907-g/36231
    It doesn’t have anything added to it (like PB2 does) and it is a little higher in protein. I think it is the same one Trader Joe use to carry.

15. Too bad that peanut flour is hard to get outside the US… =/

1. M says:

Make your own!

16. Michelle says:

This looks so yummy!

17. Caitie says:

First thought when I saw these: “Oooh, I bet those would be good to melt into some oatmeal!” (Since I already like PB2 in my overnight oats. Second thought: O.O For once, I have EVERYTHING I need for this at home. Must make now! XD Sounds like an awesome idea. I can’t wait to try it out. 😀

18. Oh my gosh you are my best friend! I am addicted to peanut butter chips and now I have a healthy, fast, and easy version? Like I said, I already loved your blog, but now … :)
    Would these work in cookies or brownies?
    Thanks and pinning!

1. Yes, the cacao butter version.

19. Caitie says:

First thought when I saw these: “Oooh, I bet you could melt one or two of these into your oatmeal and it would be awesome!” (As I usually enjoy my overnight oats with PB2). Second thought: “O.O For once, I actually have EVERYTHING I need to make something. Must make now!” Haha, it sounds like a pretty cool idea. Can’t wait to try it out. 😀

20. Rebecca says:

Oh my goodness, this recipe just made my day! I had all the ingredients (I went with the coconut oil) on hand and I’m about to eat the entire batch without sharing! They are so yummy!