Quinoa Pizza Bites

Melty quinoa pizza bites…

QUINOA PIZZA BITES  from @choccoveredkt Everyone always asks me for the recipe whenever I make these! Full recipe ---> http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/01/27/quinoa-pizza-bites/

You are guaranteed to be the hit of any party to which you bring these melty and cheesy quinoa pizza bites. Although, if you wanted to make extra sure people would never forget you, you could always bring a batch of my No-Bake Peanut Butter Brownie Bars as well.

But for now, let’s go back to the melty, cheesy, and pizza-y quinoa bites.

Pizza-y?

Quinoa Pizza Bites

Yes, surprisingly pizza-y.

I’ve just made it a word.

QUINOA PIZZA BITES  Everyone asks me for the recipe whenever I make these. Full recipe ---> http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/01/27/quinoa-pizza-bites/

The idea for these pizza balls was sent to me by a reader, originally from this post On Anna’s Plate. Inspired by the linked recipe, I then went ahead and changed it up completely… I can’t seem to follow a recipe! The resulting quinoa pizza bites were fabulously pizza-y.

Webster’s, take note.

Quinoa Bites

Print This Recipe 5/5
5/51

Ingredients

• 1 cup cooked quinoa (see: How to Cook Quinoa)
  • 1 cup canned (or cooked) pinto beans
  • 1/2 cup tomato paste
  • 2 tsp dry basil
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar of choice, or pinch stevia (this is for balance and can be left out if you absolutely must)
  • mozzarella cheese of choice, such as Daiya, optional
Yield: Makes 8-10

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a baking sheet well, then set aside. In a medium bowl, mash the beans completely. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Taste, then add a little more sweetener only if needed. (Mine didn’t need it.) Roll into balls, then break off a piece of the cheese—if using—and push it into the middle before sealing the ball back up. Place the balls onto the baking tray and cook 30 minutes. For a crispy outer shell, feel free to broil a minute at the end.

*View Quinoa Pizza Bites Nutrition Facts*

Pizza Bites

Question of the Day: Are you doing anything for Super Bowl?

Do you have any recipes picked out to make? I’m currently trying to decide between a chocolate chip peanut butter cheese ball and chocolate chip cookie dough brownies. Or maybe I’ll just make both! Link of the Day:

healthy chocolate cake

Link of the Day: Secret Ingredient Healthy Chocolate Cake

Happy National Chocolate Cake Day!

Tags: , , ,

1. What an interesting idea! I definitely don’t plan to watch the game, but I’m sure I could find the perfect excuse to make these soon.

2. becauseHeloves! says:

Oh wow! These are like the healthy vegan version of those frozen pizza bites I used to eat so much! Hooray!

3. Simon says:

Oh my god, it’s look so good. I have to try this recipe soon. Thank!

4. I made a similar recipe during the fall but I love that these have the cheese in the middle, mine was just mixed in. Looks great!

5. EVA says:

They look good! Too bad that even the taste of cheese nauseates me.

Wait a second, you broke the breakfast code!

1. Saraquill says:

Pizza makes a fantastic breakfast. you just have to make sure it’s heated in the toaster oven, so it’s both warm and crispy.

1. EVA says:

Ah! Thanks for catching my one-mindedness. I forget that people enjoy the leftover chop suey or mashed potatoes and gravy for breakfast. I’m not a savory breakfast person, so I completely went blind and assumed everyone enjoyed sweets when they woke up. MY BAD. CARRY ON.

1. Saraquill says:

I’m also a big believer in sweets for breakfast. I alternate between sweet and savory depending on my mood.

6. WOAH! these look exceptionally good – can’t wait to try your recipe! I love finding new ways to incorporate quinoa into things!

7. Making these tonight for dinner – thanks!

8. Alia says:

This looks delicious! I am definitely going to give them a go…but I know what you mean, I like to modify and tweak recipes to my liking too 😉

9. This are amazing! Seriously. I’m like… blown away.
    Pinned.

10. Lena says:

When I saw the email for this recipe, I accidentally read it as “chocolate pizza bites” and got oddly excited. Or maybe not so oddly, since I recently ate chocolate pizza at a restaurant… and have been wanting to make my own version ever since… just saying…. :-)

1. Ha ha – Glad I’m not the only one. I looked at the pic and saw something buttery, gooey and filled with marshmallow!!

11. Barbara says:

Those look amazing! I wonder has anybody tried to sub something else for the cheese center?

1. Jean Smith says:

I just whipped up a batch of hummus, and was thinking I could fill the bites with that. I will report back!

12. Oh my god they’re so simple, quick and they look delicious!!! I have a bunch of quinoa I need to use up, and tend to get boring with my quinoa. This is perfect! Thanks!

13. Ronda says:

These look amazing. Recipe makes 8 to10 – how many pizza bites make 1 serving?

14. Emily says:

I sure hope that’s vegan cheese! :)

1. Sarah says:

Katie is vegan so it stands to reason that she used vegan cheese (she suggests daiya).

15. Emily says:

What happened to the other breakfast recipes for January? I was looking forward to some of those pictures!

1. Michelle says:

me too :/

16. Wow, those look super good. I used to love pizza rolls!

17. kelsey says:

These look amazing!! Do you of anything I could use to replace the beans? They don’t always agree with me.

1. Jean Smith says:

olives

18. I definitely never plan on watching football, but I’ll take any excuse to eat a few snacks 😉 These look delicious!

19. Hollie says:

I never would have thought to do anything like this. I’m not doing anything for the Super Bowl this year…I wish the Panthers were in but alas they aren’t.

20. Elle says:

Katie, these are FABULOUS! Having my kids go towards Gluten Free has been a challenge, and I know my son will Love these! He’s been asking for pizza a lot!

Thanks so much!!! 😀