Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cheese Ball

Creamy, rich, chocolatey, peanut buttery chocolate chip cheese ball. 5 ingredients , perfect for parties + no baking required! Continue reading:

Just 5 Ingredients.

That’s all you need for this creamy, rich, chocolatey, peanut buttery chocolate chip peanut butter cheese ball. Five ingredients, easy for holidays or potlucks + no baking required!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheeseball

It literally tastes like a giant ball of peanut butter cheesecake!

I made the peanut butter cheese ball for a Super Bowl party, but it would fit right in at a holiday gathering, potluck, book club, or any other excuse you can find for a party. Serve it with graham crackers, sliced fruit, pretzels, or even gingersnaps.

Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

• 1/4 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly alternative (60g)
  • 8 oz cream cheese, such as Daiya or Tofutti
  • 2 cups powdered sugar or Sugar-Free Powdered Sugar (300g)
  • 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (75g)

Bring both the cream cheese and peanut butter to room temperature (to a stir-able consistency), then mix together with a spoon in a deep bowl, adding the powdered sugar gradually. Add in the vanilla, and mix until a smooth and even consistency is reached. Spoon onto a large sheet of plastic wrap, then bring the sides up and twist very tightly to form something of a ball shape. Freeze in the coldest part of your freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm enough that the plastic wrap can be removed without the ball falling apart. Place chocolate chips in a large bowl or ziploc bag, then roll the cheeseball until evenly coated with chocolate chips. Freeze until ready to serve (or refrigerate if not serving until the next day). Serve with graham crackers, sliced fruit, or anything else you think goes well with chocolate chips and peanut butter.

*View Peanut Butter Cheeseball Nutrition Facts*

Dessert Cheeseball

Healthy Carrot Cake Waffles carrot
……………Healthy Carrot Cake Waffles

Tags: , , , , ,

1. I saw this and immediately thought of using teddy grahams to ‘dip’ in it.

2. becauseHeloves! says:

You might just be my best friend. Everybody needs peanut butter and chocolate chips to cheer them up! This looks so good. I’m so excited right now, you don’t even understand!

1. Carol says:

Hellllooo becauseHeLoves! Rest assured, I totally understand!!! Right there with you GirlFriend!

3. EVA says:

I just ate yet I’m salivating after seeing that big missing chunk of cheeseball. Party? I don’t need a party as an excuse to eat this. I think it would look very nice sitting on my kitchen counter, like a cornucopia.

4. This looks dangerously good Katie! I can only imagine it was gone within minutes! Serving it almost like a dessert cheese with sweet biscuits sounds like the perfect treat 😀

5. Hollie says:

Can you ever go wrong with chocolate cookie dough, peanut butter or cheesecake ? No.

6. I could eat that entire ball in one sitting. No doubt. <3

7. Now here’s a ball I would love to stuff my face in…
    yes. I realize that sounded wrong. But ummm… YUM! Peanut butter… chocolate… sounds like a perfect treat to me :)

8. I have a such a sweet tooth, I can imagine myself making this and eating the whole thing for dinner…sounds AMAZING!

1. EVA says:

For dinner? PERFECT IDEA!

9. eej2004 says:

Just discovered your blog and everything looks yummy! A question for you though: When a recipe calls for peanut butter, are you using natural peanut butter (i.e. no sugar added, etc) or your run-of-the-mill Jif? There is a consistency difference for sure, and I would hate to mess up any of these yummy-looking recipes. Thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

She usually uses natural, but I’ve made most of the recipes with Skippy and it works fine.

10. Stefanie says:

This is GENIUS! I want to throw a party just so I can have an excuse to make it!

11. Cream cheese is quickly becoming one of my favorite foods — good thing I have a coupon for Daiya! This sounds delicious.

12. Rose says:

Wow, 44 servings? That’s a lot of party guests!

13. This looks SO delicious, and I wouldn’t mind slathering it on those carrot cake waffles 😉

14. Lindsay says:

Um, amazing. Do you think you could break off pieces of the ball after freezing and roll into little cheesecake bites?

15. A cheesecake ball!! what a fabulous idea!!! <3 I want to lick my screen (but I wont' ;P) !

16. Tammela says:

This sounds dangerously good.

17. Katlyn says:

The problem with this is that I would eat the whole thing….peanut butter…

18. Oh, this looks like heaven! I love how simple the ingredient list is!

19. Sydney says:

Wow, this looks and sounds amazing! I love it’s simplicity, and it would definitely look deliciously unique at a party or gathering with non-vegan friends who think being vegan is no fun (it is!)

Katie: I recently became vegan (Im 17 years old), and Ive been bookmarking many of your recipes to try soon! I was just wondering what brand of chocolate chips you buy that are dairy free? Im in the process of learning more about veganism and ingredients so im not very knowledgeable about this kind of stuff yet 😛

1. Anna says:

I use Enjoy Life brand, it’s top 8 allergen free. Whole foods also has their own brand of vegan chocolate chips

2. K says:

Ghirardelli semi-sweet (the ones in the gold bag) are also vegan, and you can find those in almost all stores. Good luck with your veganism! :)

20. Katy says:

This is such a cool idea, and I bet it was a hit at the super bowl party! The cute mini chocolate chips definitely make the dessert. :)

21. OMG, this sounds so good and doesn’t look to hard to make! I will have to give this a try for my next get together.

22. Kate says:

A ball of cheesecake? Sign me up!

Also, today is one of those days when I feel like I need chocolate more than I have ever needed anything. This post is not helping 😛

23. This would be SOOO good with graham crackers. I wonder if Better’n Peanut Butter would work in place of the nut butter? Can’t wait to try this one!

1. Sarah says:

I love Better’n Peanut butter but my guess is no since it’s runnier and less stable. You cod try firming it up with more dairy-free cream cheese or throw in some PB2 though to make it firmer. And thicker. Hmmm now I’m curious… :-)

1. Sarah says:

I meant “could” not “cod”. I’m vegan. No cod allowed 😉

24. Donna says:

I’ve been curious whether you have ever used the Pb2 powder to substitute for peanut butter?

25. Bird says:

Can you put these ingredients into a prebaked pie crust to make an actual no bake cheesecake?

26. Marilyn says:

Nutritional info?

1. Michelle says:

There is a link that says “View Nutrition Facts” following the directions.

27. Yuuum! I’m going to try this with almond butter…I wonder if I substitute the stevia for agave if it will be too mushy??

28. This is so easy and so delicious looking!! I want it with Graham crackers!

29. Hannah Elizabeth says:

Oh. Yum. THANK YOU, KATIE!!! I think I will just faint with delight *when* I eat this…which I will do as soon as possible, you can believe me!!! *SO* excited!! All your dipping ideas sound so delicious…a good excuse to try them all! 😉

30. Tabi says:

This looks like HEAVEN ! I love your blog :) are you still running ?

31. What a genius idea- this looks amazing. I’ve had a savory cream cheese ball but never a sweet one, must try asap!

32. Faigy says:

When there’s chocolate and pb involved, I think the only thing you need for dipping is a SPOON!

33. OMG. If I even went near that I might be in danger of eating the whole thing!! 😛

34. Cam says:

Katie I want to marry you purely b.c. of your baking skills….

35. Madeline says:

Hi Katie. I’m a huge fan and this looks like the most amazing thing I will ever eat!! However I have been wondering latley. Your recipies used to be a lot more health conscious. They seem to be full of oils and fats latley. I do love all your recipies and I’m always keen for a treat but can you post some healthy ones again soon? Thanks!!

1. Rose says:

I was just thinking the same thing.

36. Tina A says:

Looks great! I love the simple ingredients. Any suggestions for a substitution for powdered sugar or “sugar free” powdered sugar?

37. This looks amazing. I really want to make these…but I fear that I will eat the entire ball right away. That basically happens when I make anything with cream cheese!

38. Steph says:

Wow, that looks sooo awesome! I just want to bite right in! The little chocolate chips around it just top it off :)

39. Vic says:

This looks amazing!

40. Kayla says:

Yum yum! Great recipe!

41. Maggie says:

Hi katie!

This looks rediculously delicious!! On a specific diet and can’t have some of these ingredients yet, but very much look forward to making this ASAP!! Thank you for all you wonderful healthy desserts! my love for baking can continue with inspiration from you! <3 been looking into starting a blog to aid my creativity, expression, and love for writing; what site do you use? If you don't mind me asking….

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

She uses WordPress.

42. This is an AWESOME idea! I love cheeseballs but I know I will love this dessert cheeseCAKE ball even more. Can’t wait to try it 😀

43. Molly says:

Hi Katie!
    I’ve been following your blog for awhile and recently I’ve been working on making your healthy poptarts (which are ah-mazing by the way). For my next project I was looking into making this. When I calculate the nutrition facts I get something very different from yours. Nothing to big, but a few questions pop up that I was hoping you could help me with.
    1) Have you tried the recipe with Tofutti? You offer it in your substitution and I was wondering if it changes the taste a lot from how it would be with regular cream cheese.
    2) Would 480 grams of xylitol in the sugar-free powdered sugar recipe equal 2 cups? That’s I guess more of a double check on my math and to see if that’s how much you did.

1. Michelle says:

1) Do you mean real cream cheese? Katie is vegan, so she wouldn’t have tried it with real cream cheese.
      2) She suggests 300 g in the recipe.

44. Charlotte B says:

I AM MAKING THESE TOMORROW. Ahhh your blog just has so many awesome recipes! I get distracted the whole time!

45. Karin says:

I only used 1 cup regular powdered sugar instead of 2 cups. I used a little bit more peanut butter (but I love peanut butter!). Haven’t tried it as a finished product yet, but straight out of the bowl tasted wonderful! I’m not sure if I’m going to be patient enough to wait for it to freeze…

46. Now this is exactly the kind of treat I’m into.
    Who doesn’t love this combo?

Will have to share on my site and fb page!

47. Sam says:

Oh my gosh, it’s like a giant cheesecake buckeye ball! I seriously want to stick a spoon into my monitor and eat it ALL right, now. XD

48. Tonya Grant says:

Can you also use creamy almond butter for this recipe or have you ever tried it?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Yes, you can.

49. MaryAnn Stewart says:

This recipe sounds heavenly. Anxious to try it. All I need is the mini chocolate chips. Thanks for sharing this.

50. BentoBella says:

I do not use any xylitol products because I have pets in my home (the smallest amount of xylitol is extremely life-threatening to dogs). I wouldn’t want my dog to accidentally consume xylitol, which I see you use in some of your sugar-free recipes. I will try my special combination of non-xylitol sweeteners (synergy=3 sweeteners) in this recipe to see how it works. Also, I just ordered Vermont Peanut Butter flavors Maple Walnut and Good Karma Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter that I’m anxious to try in this recipe. I will use my Sensato Sugar-Free mini chocolate chips to roll in the cheeseball. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. I wish my order were here already!

51. Audrey says:

Katie, I absolutely love your recipes and make them all the time. I was wondering if tofu could be used in place of the tofutti/cream cheese. I would love to add some protein to the recipe and blended firm/extra firm tofu has a similar consistency. Have you ever tried this?

52. Anthony Perez-Florido says:

The second i saw this recipe i immediately thought of putting in oreo’s in there as well. So when the peanut butter cheese mix was made i decided to make the ball then cut the ball in half then add as many oreo cookies possible on the sliced top of one of the halves then mold back the other half so you couldnt see the cookie then i finally put it in the freezer for like 10-15 minutes. It ended up being an absolute hit with my family.!

53. vanillamaple says:

Hey, anyone know if I could smoosh this into a crust and serve it as a normal cheesecake? I would make the New York Style Cheesecake from the book however I am a chocolate and peanut butter addict.
    Thankyou in advance 😉

54. Carol says:

OK CCKatie … Here’s what I have to say,”OMG” and Lordy B, I believe I must be in Heaven!
    You have No idea, I am the Queen of Chocolate, Cheese Cake and Peanut Butter.
    The three of them are literally my Very Favorite Things to enter this mouth, travel my throat to my esophagus then come to a rest in my tummy!
    Thank You so Much, I know what I’m doing today.

55. Olga says:

I would love to try it! Looks very delicious!

56. Joanne says:

If this sits out for two hours at a potluck, does it get too soft or will it hold together?