A single serving brownie in a mug – perfect for any time you’re craving a gooey chocolate brownie!
Chocolate Brownie In A Mug
A fudgy, gooey, moist, chocolatey, super delicious treat… ready in under five minutes!
For any chocolate lover, this dangerously easy chocolate mug brownie might become your new favorite recipe.
It’s the perfect answer for those times when you’re craving chocolate but don’t want to be left with an entire pan of brownies when you only want one serving.
You Might Also Like: Overnight Oats– 15 NEW Recipes
The Best Brownie Mug Cake
Easy To Make
Can Be Vegan
Sugar Free Option
Gluten Free Option
No Eggs Required
No Box Brownie Mix
The gooey brownie in a mug was adapted from my chocolate mug cake, which is one of the reader favorite recipes on my site. To turn it into a brownie, I played around with the ingredient ratios and also added some dutch cocoa to give it that classic brownie flavor.
(The recipe still works with regular cocoa if you can’t find dutch; it will just not have as much of a traditional brownie flavor.)
Above – watch the video how to make a brownie in a mug!
To make the recipe, simply combine all ingredients together in a coffee mug or heat-safe dish.
The brownie can be made in a microwave OR a conventional oven.
While I haven’t tried a low fat version, many readers have written in to say they’ve had good results replacing the oil for applesauce or banana, so you can try that at your own risk.
The video uses coconut oil, but you can substitute any oil or your favorite nut butter of choice, such as peanut butter or almond butter.
For a fun flavor twist, you can even make a nutella brownie by replacing the oil with a spoonful of chocolate hazelnut butter or my Healthy Nutella.
Brownie In A Mug Recipe
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp dutch cocoa, or additional regular
- 3 tbsp spelt, white, or oat flour (Here’s a Keto Mug Cake Recipe)
- 2 tbsp sugar, or sub erythritol if desired
- scant 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt – don’t forget
- 1 tbsp oil or nut butter (some readers sub applesauce or banana)
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Notes: If you want to remove the cake before eating it, be sure to grease the mug before starting. If you can’t find dutch cocoa, subbing additional regular will still work; it will just have less of a brownie flavor. I haven’t tried subbing applesauce or banana for the fat and therefore can’t vouch for the taste of that substitution.If baking, preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients in a mug or 1-cup dish (or two 1/2-cup dishes). Either bake around 14 minutes, OR microwave until set. Microwave times will vary depending on wattage and if using one or two dishes – I cooked mine for 1 minute, followed by two 10-second increments. If you try the recipe, be sure to leave a comment or rate it below!View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram