Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge

Smooth, sweet, salty, secretly healthy peanut butter fudge – it MELTS in your mouth!

Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
pin-it

No Butter.

No Heavy Cream.

No High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Just 5 healthy plant-based ingredients, and no baking required.

The quick-to-make peanut butter fudge is so soft and delicious, and each peanut buttery bite really does melt on your tongue.

Also Try These Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

Easy Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
pin-it

A few years ago, while on a beach vacation in Delaware, I walked into a little candy shop along the boardwalk selling homemade fudge in enticing flavors such as Chocolate Pecan, Sea Salt Caramel, Toasted Coconut, Pumpkin Walnut, and Classic Peanut Butter.

It would have been impossible for any person to come out of that shop not craving fudge, and as soon as the trip ended I turned my apartment into its own fudge factory by making my own homemade healthy peanut butter fudge.

The original plan had been to try out other flavors too, but the peanut butter ended up being so good that I never even got that far!

Peanut Butter Fudge (Vegan, Dairy Free)
pin-it

What would be your dream fudge flavor?

Chocolate Banana Bread? Caramel Popcorn Fudge? Maple French Toast? York Peppermint Patty? Sugar Cookie Dough? Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Fudge?

Please feel free to list as many ideas as you wish in the comments!

Secretly Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
pin-it
Pin it now to save for laterPin Recipe

Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge

Sweet and salty healthy peanut butter fudge that melts in your mouth.
4.92/5 (24)
Total Time 5 minutes
Yield 10 – 15 pieces

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly sub
  • 1 overripe banana OR 2/3 cup coconut butter
  • optional 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/16 tsp salt, or more to taste if using unsalted peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp coconut butter OR melted virgin coconut oil (For coconut-free, try these Keto Brownie Bombs)
  • pinch uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp powdered sugar or pure maple syrup

Instructions

• If peanut butter is not stir-able, gently heat until you are able to easily stir it. Either combine all ingredients in a small blender until completely smooth, OR mash the banana and stir together ingredients very patiently by hand until completely smooth. Scoop into a small plastic container OR parchment-lined glass container OR candy molds OR mini cupcake liners. (You have options!) Freeze until firm. Due to the melty nature of coconut, this fudge is best stored in the freezer.
    View Nutrition Facts

Notes

Leftover peanut butter? Use it up in these No-Bake Chocolate Crunch Cups.

Have you made this recipe?

Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram

More Peanut Butter Recipes:

Chocolate chip peanut butter bars

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

135 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Ashlie says

I just caved in to buying a jar of coconut oil on impulse… now I need to know what to do with it all! I guess I’ll have to make this PB fudge since I ABSOLUTELY LOVE everything peanut butter- thanks Katie!!
    I used to have a fudge shop downtown; my all-time favorite dream fudge was candycane white chocolate. And the maple bar one. And the peanut crunch. Can I have three favorites?:)

2. Kinzie says

MAPLE. I already have some maple extract. I bet if I use that instead of vanilla, and use a milder nut butter like cashew instead of peanut, that might do it. MMM.

3. Elise says

Oh my goodness Katie! I’m going to try this one TODAY! I actually have all of the ingredients on hand, and since we just got fresh bananas delivered from the farm on Friday, this would be a perfect way to use them instead of my usual freezing method! I don’t have uncut stevia, so I’ll be using the pure organic maple syrup. I’ll be sure and let you know how it turned out! Thanks for all the hard work that’s you put into your blog and your recipes!

• Elise says

I am not normally a huge fudge fan, but I made this today and it was so decadent! I made 2 batches, one as the recipe follows and then the other with nativas cacao powder, cinnamon, maple flakes, maca and hemp. Both were delicious, but when I asked hubby which he preferred, it was the altered recipe. So I’m thinking two of these before our morning workout is perfect! (I poured mine in mini cupcake/candy liners so I could make sure to only add 0.5 oz/14g in weight.) Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe!

4. Grace Sanders says

Looking fabby! I’m into gifting fudge for Chrizzy presents and such, I’m in the mood for some banoffee or Black Forest Gateaux fudge too

5. Samantha says

This looks delicious!! How much does the banana flavor stand out in this recipe? I want to make it for my husband, because he LOVES peanut butter, but he is not a huge banana fan. Should I just make it with the coconut butter sub?

• Kelly says

I just made it (It’s in the freezer as we speak!), and the banana in the recipe is more obvious to me than the peanut butter. I like banana, but I’d really like a stronger pb taste. Next time I will definitely try the substitute. Just hoping that doesn’t make it too “coconutty”.

6. Maya says

Hi Katie 🙂 Just to let you know creamed coconut (that you can get in boxes) is a much cheaper version of coconut butter and it is basically the same thing! Just a helpful hint for some of your readers on a budget 🙂

• Erin says

I was wondering the same thing. I only got 17 mini muffin sizes. I made mine with almond butter instead and they are super tasty. I always like to know the nutritional facts and the quantity of the recipes.

7. Heather @ Shards of Lavender says

I absolutely love peanut butter and the fudge always looks so tempting, but so full of calories and unhealthy ingredients. Now I can enjoy my favorite fudge without all the guilt. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Katie!

• Emmy says

I also feel better eating this one compared to typical fudge made with butter or unhealthy oil, but I think it is important to note that this healthy peanut butter fudge is still quite high in calories. It is about 70% of the calories that typical/unhealthy peanut butter fudge holds, which I really wouldn’t say qualifies this to be called low-calorie. After all, its base is nut butter!

8. Avra-Sha Faohla says

Made a half recipe of these today and it seems I’m going to finish the entire thing myself before the day’s over. 😀 They remind me of your Banana Split Cheesecake Bites from 2012, which I made with peanut butter. Delicious.

• Elise says

Molly, I put mine in an 8×8 dish and it was barely enough to cover the bottom of that, so when she says a small container, then that’s what I would go with. The second batch I used candy/mini cupcake liners and that was perfect. Made about 2 dozen half ounce (14g) pieces. So no cutting, just peel back like a Reese’s PB cup and enjoy!

9. Medha @ Whisk & Shout says

Oooh this looks heavenly! I am a sucker for PB fudge and I’ve been relying on a recipe that, while amazing, is NOT healthy at all! My dream flavor would be pecan pie or a flavor modeled after seven layer bars 🙂

10. Am says

These look amazing – I can’t wait to make them!!
    My dream fudge flavor would be bubble gum. Kind of weird, but I think it could work with the texture of fudge. 🙂

11. Alanna says

I attempted to make a regular PB fudge recipe a while back using non-dairy milk and natural PB, and the results were AWFUL… I ended up with a top layer that was mostly peanut butter and a bottom layer that was just crystallized sugar. Yuck! This looks much, much better, haha.

12. Meagan F says

I have this right now in the freezer at work and it is everything I can do to not shovel it all in my face. I used honey as a sweetener because that’s what I had, but it still turned out great! This was my first foray into coconut oil fudge and now I’m anxious to try all the kinds!

13. Leslie says

Wow Katy! All your recipes are great…but I love peanut butter fudge and this is amazing! I haven’t eaten it for years because of all the yucky ingredients. I was so surprised you can’t even taste the banana. I used maple syrup and it taste just like the unhealthy stuff. Thanks for another great recipe and it pulls together in just minutes for a quick sweet treat!

14. Cathy says

Have to say that I am absolutely loving all of the healthy & YUMMY recipes. My father was diagnosed with cancer a couple years back and has been trying to eat really healthy. It was so hard for him at holidays, so we all said there would simply be no desserts. It was fine, but lets face it, it wasn’t the same! Now I get to surprise everyone with the delicious treats you’ve got on your website! LOVE IT!!! Thank you tons!!

15. Karen says

I want to try this ASAP! However, I’m wondering if you can sub coconut cream for the coconut butter. Do you think this would work?

16. karen w says

This was amazing! I added sugar free chocolate chip of course. I could taste the banana though, so I might try this with coconut butter next time. This is definitely a recipe that I will make again. I have never posted to a blog before, but I just love your site. I was just diagnosed with prediabetes so I have been searching for sugar free sweet recipes and your site is wonderful for that. Thanks!

17. ann disney says

i would love to have you concoct a whoopie pie that had yummy gooey sweet icing in the middle with awesome top and bottoms. trader joes have the carrot ones and the vanilla ones and they have so much junk in them and they really arent that good. i understand a bakery in waynesboro virginia have the best …4 hours away….boo hoo hoo. thank you. youre the best!

18. Lexi says

Ooh that sounds good!!!! You should make a pumkin pie fudge recipe. If you don’t have this, you could try to make a pumpkin pie smoothie.

19. Kim says

Hi….we made the peanut butter fudge for a hallowe’en treat, and it turned out great – really delicious! Next time I’m going to leave out the maple syrup entirely. I don’t think we would miss it as the banana is already so sweet.

20. Ashley says

So wonderful! I made a chocolate version too and they were amazing. I took some to class and had people coming back for seconds!

21. Crystal Ferguson says

Thank you for this recipe! I’ve been having a hard time finding a fudge recipe that is sugar free and the right texture. It’s amazing and fills that need for something sweet while actually being totally within my diet needs. 😀