My favorite meal in NYC

This vegan loves cream sauce.

Up until yesterday, I don’t think I’d ever tried cashew Alfredo sauce. So when I saw it on the menu at Cafe Blossom, a vegan restaurant in New York City, I instantly wanted to order Spaghetti Squash Alfredo: maitaki mushrooms, sautéed garlic, leeks, and slow roasted cherry tomatoes, mixed with tender spaghetti squash in a rich cashew cream sauce. (I also ordered a side of grilled asparagus.)

102_4529

While devouring every last drop of sauce, I drafted the following letter in my head:

Dear Cafe Blossom peeps,

Your cashew Alfredo is the best thing since sliced bread chocolate-chip cookies. Please, can you send me the recipe so I can eat it, drink it, and bathe in it daily? I would be forever grateful.

Sincerely,

Chocolate Cashew-Covered Katie

New York City Vegan

What do you think? Do you think they’ll go for it?

Or be seriously creeped out? 😕

For more of my restaurant posts, click here: Healthy NYC Restaurant Reviews.

Tags:

1. That meal looks soooo good! I love grilled asparagus and spaghetti squash :)

I vote PB & J fudge :) Hit us with the decadent stuff!

1. Forgot to mention that if they don’t give you that recipe after you signed it with “cashew-covered Katie” I don’t know what will. 😉

2. Pb&j blondies! Oooh cashews! been eating them caramelized these days… so good 😀

3. PB & J FUDGE! ….please :)
    You need to send them that message, for real. Not even kidding. If anything they will be flattered that you enjoyed it! :)

4. peanut butter maniac says:

Do we have to choose? Those both sound amazing!! You made my day yesterday posting those delicious peanut butter cookies :) I’ve just made your cobbler (which is lovely) but I’m now working to eat it all up so I can get to more peanut buttery pastures!

1. Aww I’m so excited you made it!

5. Desiree says:

Blondies! Mmmm…… wiping drool off keyboard. dgfvthyjuldfgvhyjulo….. excuse me.

6. Jennifer JCD says:

Just popping in to say the brownie batter dip was a HUGE hit with my husband yesterday. I had to guard my bowl because he kept stealing mine when I wasn’t looking! Thank you for the hit recipe! (He’s in a fussy eater phase too, so bonus points for getting through that.)

As for which recipe to feature next, I’ll vote for fudge.

1. Fussy eater stage? Ha! Like that could ever be a match for the power of chocolate! 😉

7. Looks like such a good meal! Pb + fudge has my vote!

8. Jenny says:

PB&J blondies!

My first impulse was to type “PB&J fudge” in all caps (fudge = chocolate, right? So that should be priority #1…) but I’m going to honour my hair colour and curiosity and vote for the opposite. XD

I wish I could get on board with liking the whole “creamy” consistency, but have a feeling I will never be a fan… Oh well, at least I still have “fudge-y” consistency-type desserts, thanks to all your great recipes. :)

9. Gina says:

I must try Cafe Blossom since I live in NYC! I’ve been to Blossom and Blossom Du Jour (their sister restaurants) and both were delish :)

10. Fudge please!
    And I reckon peanut butter covered diet sounds awesome :)

11. Jenn says:

I THINK I have been to Cafe Blossom (have to check if its the place I’m thinking of) If so, I remember it being AMAZING!! Everyone loved what they got!
    ~Jenn

12. Mmm the PB&J fudge sounds amazing. Since I’m in Vietnam right now, I have no access to ingredients to make any of your recipes, but I can’t wait until I get back and can start trying them out!

When you were in NY, did you miss cooking and preparing your own food? Going out for every meal can definitely start getting old. Access to a good kitchen is so important!

1. I did miss my favorite recipes– like my ranch or my brownies. But I definitely didn’t miss the cooking process. I actually don’t really like to cook! I love creating recipes, but I’d much rather create them in my head and have someone else do the hard work of chopping and cleaning the mess ;).

(P.S. Staybridge Suites, where I stayed, has a full kitchen with a stove and everything!)

13. Lissy says:

that does look really good. One of the best meals I’ve had was also composed of spaghetti squash. Not vegan, but it was at an Italian restaurant in CT. Spaghetti squash and I think it was butternut squash ravioli in some sort of cream sauce. Expensive, but my company was paying for it 😀

14. judy says:

I can’t choose! They both sound ridiculously good 😀
    Whatever recipes comes first, I will be satisfied!
    I am a HUGE peanutbutter fan!!!

15. I’ve never been a huge alfredo person but the way you describe it I may have to try and make a cashew version!!

And FUDGE!!!

16. Both sound amazing, but I can never turn my back on fudge!!

I gotta try out that place in NYC. It looks absolutely delicious!

17. That looks amazing! My favorite meal in NYC was a mushroom pasta at Paprika – and it was probably vegan! :)

18. katie says:

The meal looks amazing and I am sure you had a blast in NYC!

You look so beautiful Katie in that pic! xoxo <3

1. Aww Katie, YOU always always look beautiful!