Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Flourless Pumpkin Blender Muffins – Vegan & Oil-Free!

Pumpkin season is in full swing, and these simple vegan pumpkin muffins—just 115 calories each—might become a new favorite!

The blender takes care of all the hard work, and in less than 20 minutes your entire kitchen can smell like pumpkin pie!

Simple vegan pumpkin muffins, less than 120 calories, from @choccoveredkt… and so easy to make! Here’s how to make them:

They are perfect for throwing into a lunchbox to celebrate Fall!

If you can’t get enough pumpkin, be sure to also check out my post of 35 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes.

pumpkin emojiOkay… who else has already used the pumpkin emoji way too many times this year???

flourless pumpkin muffins

Flourless Pumpkin Muffins

Print This Recipe 5/5

• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 1/2 cups white beans (15-oz can)
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 tbsp sugar OR pinch stevia (or use 2 1/2 tbsp additional maple syrup and decrease pumpkin by 2 1/2 tbsp)
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1/4 cup almond butter OR allergy-friendly alternative
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or additional cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
Total Time: 20m
Yield: 9-10 muffins

Preheat oven to 350, and grease a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners. Drain the beans, rinse very well, and pat dry. This is important, as it gets rid of any bean taste. Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until completely smooth. (If you’re using a blender without a tamper, stop occasionally to stir ingredients with a spoon so they blend evenly.) Spoon the batter into the liners, smooth the tops, and bake 20 minutes. They will look underdone – let sit 20 minutes and they will firm up. They also firm up even more overnight. However, these are supposed to be fudgy and almost pumpkin-pie-like, not fluffy and flour-y like your usual muffins. Some might not like the texture, but if you’re a fan of my black bean brownies, you will probably like these as well!

View Pumpkin Blender Muffins Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

Vegan Marshmallow Fluff – 2 Ingredients

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Elyse says:

I have a feeling these will be AMAZING to my pumpkin-obsessed palate! Can’t wait for the weekend when I have some time to make them!

2. Just in time to master them for Halloween!

3. Cassie says:

How simple but delicious! My friends will think I’m insane once I use beans though XD hey, it’s common and convenient–plus a great way to add protein and fiber to your diet!

4. ERMEGERD! Can’t wait to make these!! Thank you! 😀

5. Cari says:

These look AMAZING! What type of white beans did you use? Navy? Garbanzo? TIA.

1. Dee says:

What else can we use as substitute for the white beans? Because I’ve got some red kidney beans that just need to be prepared for cooking, and I’ve been on the look-out for recipes I can use them in. Would legumes (pre-boiled and ready for mashing/blending) also be acceptable? That’s what we have a lot of around here. Thanks in advance!

1. Rose says:

Legumes are a broad category that includes garbanzo beans (chickpeas), peanuts, lentils, etc. What kind of legume are you referring to? The recipe works with white beans or garbanzos. Red kidney beans would probably impart more of a bean flavor to the recipe.

6. Yum! What a way to bring in fall time!! Can’t wait to try these out!

7. Aubrey says:

YUM! Pumpkin season has begun 😉

8. Ellen says:

The picture makes the inside look gooey. Is it? I think my kids might have a texture problem if it is. But the recipe looks like it would work out similar to our favorite black bean brownies (thank you, Chocolate Covered Katie!). I think we just might have to try these and find out.

1. Yes, they are gooey-fudgey, so not like regular muffins. I will make a note to work on a regular pumpkin muffin recipe! Or you could try adapting my Banana Bread Muffins… maybe just add a little more sweetener? (If you have the book, you can also bake the pumpkin loaf in a muffin tin.)

9. Laura says:

Loving this recipe for this time of year! Will be saving for future use.

10. Kelly says:

I’ve got everything on hand except the white beans. Looks like garbanzo beans will have to work…they’re almost white, right? Yum! Can’t wait to try these!

11. Becca says:

Hello. I see u are using baking soda and powder, and yet they are gluten free, wich means u do not need them in the recipe, they are meant to make the gluten rise.

1. These are definitely needed in the recipe! :)
      It’s actually often advised that you should use even more baking powder in gluten-free recipes, to make up for the lack of gluten.

12. Halima says:

Katie, you should totally make pumpkin cheesecake ice cream. Add some chocolate chips in there. You know, just add all of the best things into one combination of glory.

13. Halima says:

14. These look incredible! I’ve seen so many recipes using beans and NONE of them have inspired me to give them a try…except this one. This is the best looking recipe I’ve ever seen using white beans in dessert. Thanks for sharing Katie!!!

15. S says:

I have to say, the phrase “blender muffins” strikes me as kind of gross, but these look delicious :)

16. Kate says:

I love how these are made in the blender. Less dishes = happier me!

17. Kathryn says:

Your enthusiasm for pumpkin season is adorable–and contagious! A week ago, I couldn’t have cared less (I’m more interested in cooler temperatures!), but now…I can’t wait to try these pumpkin muffins.

18. Laura Schroeder says:

I made these earlier today to have with a cup of afternoon tea. They are delicious, nutritious, and so easy to make! I used a can of navy beans, and there is no bean flavor whatsoever. I think even my husband who doesn’t like pumpkin, will like these! Thanks for all your hard work Katie, developing vegan and gluten-free deliciousness for the rest of us to enjoy.

19. Alex says:

Any ideas how these would work as mini-muffins?

1. Anon says:

It should work fine as mini muffins but you probably will need to reduce the cooking time a little bit. Let us know how it turns out if you do. :)

20. Tara says:

I’m planning to make these today! My favorite pumpkin recipe is your Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Squares. Can’t wait to try these blender muffins.

21. Carrie says:

Can I use chickpeas for this recipe?

1. Anon says:

Should work fine with chickpeas. Her other white bean recipes call for either. Please let us know if it you make it with the chickpeas how they turn out. :)

22. laura says:

does it matter what kind of oats are used. I only have “old fashioned” not the quick kind…

1. Dana says:

If you pulse Old Fashioned Oats in a blender or food processor, they’ll be the same as Quick Oats. Quick oats are just a bit finer, but you can make them yourself with what you have!

23. Dana says:

Hi Katie!

I’m excited to try this new recipe, and just wanted to ask if the almond butter gave it a nutty flavor over the pumpkin?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

You don’t really taste the almond butter. Maybe you would more if you used peanut butter.

24. Wow, these look perfect for fall! Loving the pumpkin mania, thanks for the recipe!

25. Sarah says:

Has anyone tried these with peanut butter?

1. Tara says:

Sarah, I did, and they were delicious.

26. Phillys says:

Do these need to be stored in the refrigerator?

27. Molly says:

This smelled amazing as it was baking! My first time trying a recipe from Katie, but certainly not my last. Just one bit of advice: make sure you are using a HIGH POWER blender/food processer. My batter wasn’t as smooth as it should’ve been as a result (but it still yielded yummy muffins!)

1. Rose says:

If you do not have a high speed blender/food processor, I recommend grinding the oats, then putting those in a bowl, then adding the beans and processing those (perhaps split in two batches if necessary), then adding back in the oats and the rest of the ingredients to blend together one more time. This should help grind the ingredients down better.

28. Jessica says:

These were delicious! Love them even more than my black bean or chickpea cookies. They’re fudgy and rich. Thanks Katie!

29. kate says:

hello! this is our first time making a recipe from this site, but i have been reading for a long time. my daughter tried her hand at following the recipe, but it only filled 7 of the molds in our muffin tin. did she maybe overlook something or have others gotten a smaller yield? we are excited to try them, they just went in the oven.

1. Rose says:

It was probably just that Katie put less into each spot… so you probably have larger muffins than she made. 😉

30. Tara says:

Katie, these are delicious, thank you! I’m going to make a double batch and use a healthy version of cream cheese frosting to top them as a kind of bar cookie. :-)

31. These look so good!!!! And don’t worry – you can never overuse the pumkin emoji

32. Amy says:

Made these yesterday and subbed chick peas for the white beans! Turned out excellent. I also used a larger can of beans (I believe it was 19oz) and no bean taste!!! I just made sure to remove most of the skins.

33. Stephanie says:

I made these with chickpeas and cashew butter (almond butter tastes like plastic to me) and they were delicious! I only got 8 muffins out of it, though. My partner and I ate them all in one day!

34. Katy says:

I seriously love these so much!! I’ve made them in my weekly meal prep for the past 3 weeks! I’ve found that I prefer them with honey over syrup, but they’re still great either way!

35. Mariah says:

Could I use this recipe for pumpkin bread in a bread tin? Or would they not turn out?

36. Jackie says:

Can you store these in the freezer?