Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

No butter.

No eggs. No flour.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles – no egg, no butter, “no bake” safe-to-eat chocolate chip cookie dough. SO GOOD https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/03/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-truffles/ @choccoveredkt

No shoes, no shirt, no service.

And yet… These secretly-healthier cookie dough truffles are scarfed down by everyone who’s ever tried them. Even without butter, eggs, and flour, they taste just as sinfully delicious as traditional cookie dough truffles.

healthy truffles

Don’t worry if you’re bored of all my Healthy Recipes with Beans.

This is probably the last of my famous bean-dessert recipes you’ll be seeing for quite a while. There are about a billion new dessert recipes I want to post this year, and they all have absolutely nothing to do with beans. But when I remembered beans are considered a lucky food to eat on New Year’s Eve, I *had* to make–and blog about–this one last bean recipe.

cookie dough truffles

I really regret not making a bigger batch.

pin-it

Eggless Cookie Dough Truffles

(Makes 18-20 truffles)

• 1/2 can chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed (125g after being drained)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • scant 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tbsp nut butter or oil (If you use peanut butter, they’ll have a slight “pb cookie dough” taste.)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar (For a sugar-free option, see the very last link of this post.)
  • 2 tbsp chocolate chips, or more if desired
  • 1-2 tbsp rolled oats or quick oats (or flaxmeal, almond flour, etc.)
  • optional: 1 bag chocolate chips, or Healthy Chocolate Sauce
  • optional: milk of choice if needed, to thin it out

Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a food processor, and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips and form balls. (I used a melon baller.) You can eat these plain, but if you wish to cover them in chocolate, proceed thusly: Allow to chill in the fridge. Once chilled, make up the healthy chocolate sauce (linked above) OR melt chocolate chips with 2 tsp coconut oil (or shortening). Take the balls from the fridge and cover in chocolate, then return them to the fridge to harden. Stored in the fridge, I imagine these will keep for 3-4 days. But I can’t be entirely sure, since my truffles were completely gone in closer to 3-4 minutes!

View Nutrition Facts

chocolate covered katie

I found this sequined shirt hiding in the back of my closet with the tags still on! It was actually warm enough on New Year’s Eve to wear a sleeveless shirt (70 degrees). Of course, the next morning was 27 degrees. That’s quintessential Dallas weather. If you don’t like it at any given moment, wait five minutes; it’ll probably change.

For 100% sugar-free truffles:

Use the following recipe: Sugar-Free Cookie Dough Truffles.

5/5 (2)

Published on January 3, 2012

Meet Katie

featured on The
Today Show, CNN,
Fox, The
Huffington Post, and

Learn more about Katie

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

217 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Végébon says

I’m not bored with your fantastic bean recipes, you are INCREDIBLE at changing something as (supposedly) boring as beans into something as sexy as a cookie dough truffle !!
    PS : You’re absolutely gorgeous in the last picture !

2. Jade C says

Ohh wow!! These look amazing, Katie!!
    Happy New Year!! I will certainly spend some ((a lot!!)) of mine making ((and then promptly DESTROYING!!)) many new recipes!!
    Jade C.

3. Sondra says

No more bean recipes!!! Say it ain’t so Katie! I love your bean recipes, and they’ve helped me make sure my twin girls (who are 15 months old and are at that finicky throw-food-on-the-floor stage) get adequate amounts of protein despite the fact they don’t eat meat. Your snickerdoodle blondies- they absolutely adore them in mini-muffin form. Your bean butter? I make it with carob (no caffeine for the wee ones) and they scoop the stuff right off the toast and eat it by the fingerfuls! Whats a vegan mom of twin toddlers to do without new CCK bean recipes!!!! *weeps*

4. Sabrina says

Wow this is an awesome recipe! I have to try this out. I love love LOVE truffles and plus chocolate, even better…now to go buy some chickpeas…

5. Kristen-vanillabeanvegan says

oh I love cookie dough icecream!! Will have to add these to my tub of vegan ice cream!! Thanks for the recipie hope you had a great new year!! The shirt looks very pretty on you!!

6. Nadiya says

I love the bean desert recipes. I cooked one of the cookie batters for a party one time and it was a huge success. No one even realized that it was made out of chickpeas other than one of my indian friends (but that doesn’t count because she makes chickpea sweets all the time).

7. Anna Lynn says

I adore cookie dough. Like A BUNCH. If I let myself, I could completely eat it for every meal….and these little yummy truffles looks magnificent. I’ve made them before (but with butter and other unhealthy things…) but I’d love to make this version! The last batch my roomies gobbled up in a day, I bet they’ll like this version too and not even know it’s healthy 🙂
    As for cookie dough ice cream, it’s probably in my top three ice cream flavors, although it’s really only a flavor I get if I go out for ice cream. I prefer to get plain vanilla (usually fro-yo) and add my own mix-ins, if any at all. Although, like you, I much prefer the cookie dough to the ice cream 😛

-Anna Lynn

8. Astonished says

OMG a KZ-Inhabitant survivor… :O I thought they all dies around 1945! At least you look like one of the pplthe allies would have found ….

9. Kim says

Hi! I’m totally brand new – to the website and to raw/vegan/healthy cooking. However, as my waistline is beginning to worry me, I decided this year I’d try some new things, in particular recipes on this website. I made these today as my first ever attempt, and while the result was certainly not the picture above, it wasn’t too bad. Actually, I stopped before even getting around to rolling the dough into balls and just started eating it straight. Now, I’ve never had a cookie dough truffle before, but at a guess, they aren’t quite like these. These are amazing, don’t get me wrong! But if you’re looking for an identical, healthier truffle, these are not the truffles you’re looking for. Then again, you’ll never find anything that tastes exactly like your favorite recipes but has no fat and no calories and no sugar, because those are what make your favorite recipes taste so darn good.

Anyway, Katie, you are awesome and I and my waistline thank you for this blog and your recipes!

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

Hi Kim!

Oh no, these should taste like normal truffles :-?. Can you tell me more about what you did, specifically? What oil/nut butter did you use? And did you use a food processor? Hopefully I can try and figure out what went wrong, because they ARE supposed to taste just like real truffles… none of my friends could tell the difference!

Thanks for the sweet comment!!

• Kim says

Well, I think part of the problem was that I assumed that vegetable oil would work as a substitute for nut oil – it didn’t! Peanut butter resolved the consistency issues, though. I think another factor has to do with the food processor, it’s as old as dirt so there was a bit of grainy texture to the whole thing. It tastes really good, it’s just a bit off texture-wise and tastes very nutty. I did buy everything from Wal-Mart, though, so that might have something to do with it.

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

I think the food processor was probably the biggest culprit… if the beans don’t get all mashed and creamy then the texture (and taste) is completely off! I tried making the dough in a regular blender once and it was AWFUL because the beans stayed kind of chunky and therefore didn’t absorb the liquid :-?. I’m glad you could at least salvage yours!

• Kim says

Yeah, you’re probably right! It didn’t help that I used vegetable oil, of course. After refrigerating the dough overnight, though, it has a much better consistency and taste.
            Do you have any recommendations for good, cheap food processors? I would like a nice one, but I don’t have hundreds of dollars to spend, unfortunately!

10. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga says

Who doesn’t like cookie dough, really! Yesterday I posted about vegan peanut butter cookie dough truffles. Yours look lovely!

11. Anonymous says

I just found your blog, I’m going to give these a try this weekend, hopefully my first of many recipes from you.

12. Amber K says

Cookie dough ice cream was always my favorite, although I ate it the opposite way. I would eat all of the ice cream first so that I would have a whole carton of cookie dough pieces to eat. Now I just love eating them separately since I can’t find a good gluten-free cookie dough ice cream!

13. Lucy says

Hey Katie, once again you made a delicious looking dessert! I would just like to say (even though this has nothing to do with your resent post) I tried this new recipe for chocolate coconut baked oatmeal, i know you have your own recipes to try but you must try it
    1/2 cup of oats
    1/4 cup of almond milk
    1/4 cup of apple sauce
    2.5 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut
    1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
    1.5 tablespoon of brown sugar
    mix everything and bake for twenty to twenty five minutes in a 380 degree oven ENJOY!

14. Lourdes says

Hello from Mexico !! !!
    You are a pretty girl and I love your hair ! Do you always push your hair to the front ?
    I can not wait to try your recipes!
    Hace una día buena, Lourdes

15. Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking says

These look divine, Katie!

PS What is the background out your window? It’s beautiful and looks almost like a lake..maybe not, ha.

I love your shirt and your hair is beautiful! Maybe do a post on how you curl it? 🙂

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

LOL it does look really cool, right? I love how it kinda goes with the glitter theme of the shirt. In reality it’s just a pool… and the way the light reflected of the window. I’ve actually used that window for photoshoots before. It gets pretty good light :).

16. Moni'sMeals says

iwillbemakingthesenowthankyouverymuch….thereisnotimetoputspacesinbetweenthismessage,blessyousomuchforthisrecipeasiknowiwillloveit..I am on it NOW! 🙂

17. Mai says

Love your recipes! I’ve made two of them so far–can’t wait to try more! Also, I didn’t realize you were from Texas! I live in Houston 🙂