Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Healthy Valentine’s Day Desserts

Yes, Valentine’s Day isn’t until next week, and I still have more new recipes to publish before it comes around. But I wanted to get a “Valentine’s Day Recipes” post up early for people who like to plan ahead. Normally I try to keep my round-up posts concise (10 recipes or less), so as not to overwhelm anyone. For this post, however, it was difficult to narrow the recipes down even to 20! When you have a blog devoted to chocolate and desserts, pretty much all the recipes would be good for Valentine’s Day!

Here are a few that would be especially good for Valentine’s Day:

v day 12

Single-Serving Mocha Chocolate Cake

No date? No problem! Now you have chocolate to keep yourself company.

v day

Individual Strawberry Shortcakes

Super easy to double the recipe if you’re not a single lady!

v day 14

Chocolate-Raspberry Fudge Cake

One of my personal favorites. I’m making this recipe for sure.

v day 13

Chocolate-Strawberry Hugs Oatmeal

It’s like a giant chocolate hug in a bowl. And who doesn’t want a giant chocolate hug?

Healthier Chocolate Cake

This chocoholic cake looks way to gorgeous to be so healthy.

v day 15

Soy-Free Love Potion

Guaranteed to make someone fall in love with you. Well, not really. But it tastes good!

Hot Chocolate Cookies

Imagine eating hot chocolate… in the form of a cookie!

v day 5

Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Mousse

So nice, I named it thrice. (Sorry for the lame joke.)

Chocolate Cookie Cups

I made these for a Valentine’s Day party last year, and they were a huge hit.

v day 0

Buttery Berry Crumble Bars

Another crowd-pleaser, these bars are especially good with raspberries.

v day 1

Gluten-Free Chocolate Lace Cookies

Just because you can’t eat gluten doesn’t mean you should be left out on Valentine’s Day.

v day 9

Two-Bite Brownies

One bite for you, one bite for your special someone. Don’t have a special someone this year? Oh well, two bites for you!

v day 11

Chocolate Brownie Batter Dip

You want to dive right in, don’t you? Or is it just me??

v day 6

German Chocolate Fudge Bites

You and your sweetheart want to make babies on Valentine’s Day, don’t you? (I can’t believe I actually just wrote that on my blog. Oops.)

3-Ingredient Chocolate Bars

Question of the Day:

What are some of your favorite Valentine’s Day recipes?

Feel free to leave links, so other readers can see your delicious recipes.

1. I loved the TV spot. It was awesome – congrats Katie!!

I don’t have any Valentine’s Day recipes. My boyfriend will be out of town and he’s anti-VDay anyway. Might have to make something for just myself.

I remember once when I was a little girl I was obsessed with the heart shaped cake pans and made my mom buy them so we could make a heart shaped layer cake. Very fun :)

2. Nothing beats a molten chocolate cake on Valentines day – in my opinon. 😉 I want to try one of your healthier versions this year!

3. Sunnie says:

I would like to compliment you on your food photography. I am making a cookbook right now of my favorite recipes for myself and for a few friends who are getting married this year and I have discovered that it is surprisingly difficult to take great food photos. Nice job!

1. Thank you so much, Sunnie!
      You’re so right… it’s hard! A lot of my photos that never make it onto the blog look horrible!

4. The link for the soy-free love potion doesn’t work =(

1. Sorry about that! It should work now… does it work for you?

Thanks for letting me know! :)

1. Yep, sure does, thanks Katie!

5. Mmmmm now I want to make them ALL!!!! I’m not exactly sure how we are celebrating v-day this year since I work until 9 that night, but I’m sure it will involve at least one of your recipes!

6. If I’m being honest my friends and I usually pop in a movie and enjoy some ice cream out of a carton 😉 cliche I know…. but these look a heck of a lot healthier!

7. Laura says:

Hey Katie, I read your post yesterday of course, and I’m so happy that these TV guys preferred the healthy cake. That’s how it should be, everytime 😉
    My favorite dish for Valentine’s day is a big lunch in a vegan restaurant with my friend! Since I am done with all my exams on that day, yay! That’s even cooler than dating a guy on that day… at least I try to say that to myself 😉
    I love your blog and keep reading it every day from Germany! Can’t wait for more amazing healthy recipes!

8. Michaela says:

And I could not understand why you wouldn´t want any comments on this!!
    Katie, I cannot believe you were featured on tv! That is such an honor for you, which you totally deserve, but also a milestone for vegan and healthy living. Way to go, girl!!
    So proud of you.
    You were so natural on camera and made my fave recipe :)
    Congrats again!

9. Aja says:

I want to make all of them!

10. oh my gosh, these all look so ridiculously delicious! And I’ve figured out how to get a Valentine, I’ll simply make a bunch of these and start passing them out to cute guys on the bus while heading downtown! I’m sure that love potion will work… If not, the chocolate alone will! Haha

11. I was wondering about yesterday.. Congrats!! I was so excited that they liked the healthier dessert better and didn’t even know it!

This post is making my sweet tooth go nuts. Everything looks fantastic!

12. Yum! These look like great valentine treats. :) Congrats again for the tv debut!

13. Elaina says:

oh god I want ALL THE THINGS!! they all look heavenly 😀

14. Mary says:

How many bars does your chocolate bar recipe make? I saw the nutrition information but I have no idea how many servings are in there. Thank you :)

1. It depends on how big you make them. You can form bars of any size, or you can make chocolates by pouring it into candy molds!

15. I love my Avocado Chocolate Pudding because it healthy and doubles as a delicious strawberry, cherry or fruit dip! You can get romantic and feed each other strawberries dipped in deliciously creamy chocolate, nothing beats that!

16. Rachelle says:

I think it’d be pretty interesting to fill the mocha chocolate cake with some type of syrup (pb, chocolate, fruits, anything!) and make it into a mocha chocolate lava cake!
    Thank you for all of your recipes! I’m getting so many ideas now. EXCITED!!
    And you did fantastic on your news segment! 😀

1. Oh that sounds really good! I’m definitely keeping your idea in mind :).

17. Superfood Babe says:

Not in the mood for chocolate? Check out my snickerdoodle mug cake
    Thanks :)

Katie, i’m so proud of you for making it onto tv <3

18. Ooh those two-bite brownies are calling my name! I just posted a brownie post today and I think I must have them on my mind. You’d think I’d be sick of them after cooking and photographing them all week but no siree…brownies are something I don’t think I could ever be sick of!

19. Kristal says:

Oh man… so many good ones to choose. I posted a Red Velvet Brownie recipe today for Chocolate Friday… perfect for Valentines day…

I don’t know what we will be doing. We usually put the kids to bed and then have dinner together. But next week is rather busy, so not sure we can pull it off… but dessert is always possible!

20. Awesome recipes girly! You rock 😀

21. Maria says:

I am SO glad I found this blog. I made the deep dish cookie a couple days ago and everyone loved it!

22. Amber says:

I think I’m going to cancel my date and stay in! xo

23. What a great roundup of treats and I loved seeing the behind-the-scenes set and all those big cameras at the studio!

24. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

Just watched the video… SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! Keep it comin’! Have a chocolate covered day, katie :)

25. You rock!! These look so wonderful – I’m drooling over here! I think I’ll just have to make those Hot Chocolate Cookies. :)

26. Mmm as a single gal I will definitely be making your mocha chocolate cake for one— can’t wait!

27. Amber K says:

Anything with chocolate looks absolutely delicious! Yum.

28. Lori Z. says:

Everything looks so good but I will be making your Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Pie!

29. Oh yum, yum, yum. I love when you put all your brilliance in one post. :) I just pinned that deep dish cookie pie so I’ll remember to try it. Your TV feature was awesome!!! How fun that they took your samples out on the street. You are just amazing and I’m so excited to see where you’ll be in just a couple of years. :) The apron was great on camera too! :)

30. Moni'sMeals says:

This is great! Well done Katie!!! I will be good all year from this post. :)

31. Lindsay Holland says:

Red Velvet cake/cupcakes is a favorite of mine for Valentine’s (or any day really). Have you tried creating a recipe for that?

1. Maybe adding red food coloring to my one-minute chocolate cake? I haven’t really tried anything red velvet except for pancakes :-?.

32. ANY recipe from CCK is a great thing in my books! I’m always looking in your recipe section to find something yummy to eat!

33. Kyra says:

This february I am in a new country, with all new friends (who are great), no special someone for valentines day, and no oven, no food processor (brought my magic bullet but it got shorted because I forgot about the voltage difference, so sad!!!), and saddest of all – my fridge is not cold! My apartment’s kitchen needs some loving, but I don’t know how to fix any of those things and my landlord prefers eating out and does not really understand the importance here. SO I think I will make your 3-ingredient chocolate bars with the coconut oil and maple syrup that I brought from home, and put them outside since it’s freezing in istanbul :) dried fruits and nuts are really inexpensive and abundant here, so i will probably throw in some delicious things like that! valentines day is usually my favorite holiday because you get to bake so many pink, chocolatey, and heart shaped things, but this year I will have to make do. thanks for the recipes, and congrats on your tv adventure!!

34. That oatmeal is perfectly acceptable for breakfast, right :)? My fiance will be out of town on Valentine’s Day, so I’m going to treat myself to some chocolate :).

35. Caralyn says:

In the past, I have enjoyed cupcakes as a valentines day dessert. But this year, I’ll be making the chocolate mousse for sure!

36. Danielinha says:

Katie I’ve become a recent follower of your blog after my sister made the chocolate bar pie at Thanksgiving (we are all vegetarians and got so carried away making fancy vegetable dishes we didn’t realize (until dessert) that our meal lacked protein. Good thing for all that tofu in the pie!!!). Anyway, I love all your dishes. Today I attempted to make the pie for a friend in a limited kitchen (without a blender/food processor/cake beaters.) The texture came out very grainy and I’m hoping if I don’t tell anyone its tofu they won’t get grossed out. I decided to add whole chocolate chips and sprinkle with some oreo cookie crumbs to try and hide this mini fiasco. I’m a bit nervous for how it will go over (I’ve already promised them its the best chocolate pie ever). I guess the worst thing that will happen is I’ll take home leftovers…so in that sense its not that bad!

37. Brittany says:

All of these desserts looks amazing Katie. V-day is also my birthday and I’m pretty sure any of these would be a lovely b-day/v-day treat. The love potion seems to be calling my name tonight though. :)

38. Keally says:

hi katie! i just recently found your blog {and started one of my own too!}. i just wanted to say that your recipes are delicious!! i have been trying a few the last couple days {and sharing them on my blog-i hope you don’t mind}. i think it is great that you have been so successful with your blog-congratulations to you :)

39. Kathy says:

Oh yum!
    I’m so making some of these for Valentines…or on good ol’ regular days too!
    I think I’ll do DIY crafts for Valentine’s Day, along with munching on some recipes! The frosting shots and chocolate chocolate chocolate mousse look delectable!

40. Emilia says:

All of these recipes look divine, I want to make them all! The brownie batter and hot chocolate cookies look especially good today, though. I’m still not sure what I’ll be making for valentine’s day, perhaps some kind of chocolate pie? I’m planning to decide that this weekend!

41. MelissaM says:

I tried to make your 3 ingredient chocolate twice and both times they turned out chewy and gloppy (gloppy before they dried-chewy after they dried). I figured out that I needed to turn off the burner after my oil melted the first time (I cooked everything together). But the second time, I did remove from the heat, waiting a tiny bit then stirred in the agave and the cocoa powder. What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

1. Sorry, I’m not sure :(.
      Maybe your freezer isn’t cold enough? It’s the only thing I can think of…

1. MelissaM says:

So the bars are supposed to snap and break like a store bought bar right? After they were frozen and return to room temp, they get very soft and mushy. I was hoping to make little choc hearts to send in baggies for my daughter’s teachers tomorrow, but don’t want them to end up smooshed. :) Any other suggestions?

2. Unfortunately, coconut oil is liquid at room temp. So they need to stay fridged or frozen to retain their shape.

3. MelissaM says:

Hmmmm, okie dokie. :) That could be a challenge giving as a gift then. . . Thanks for the quick response! My 3.5 year old daughter have our aprons on now and are getting ready to start them! :)

42. Taylor says:

I was looking at your Deep Dish Cookie Pie recipe, and there’s an edit that says you’ll be coming out with a sugar-free version, I was just wondering if that’ll be sometime soon? :)))

1. I need to make it again and take photos… so who knows when it’ll be! But I can quickly post the recipe here for you if you need it sooner.

1. Anonymous says:

Yes please, if you don’t mind! Im sooooo excited to make it!!

2. Taylor says:

^^^Sorry, I forgot to put my name haha

3. Ok, it’s still a work in progress… If you try it, I would absolutely LOVE to know your thoughts (good or bad… seriously, don’t be shy about telling me the truth if you hate it lol).

Use the basic recipe, but just leave out all sugar. Add 2cups pitted dates (300g), three stevia packets, and 1/2 cup almond milk. Process in 2 or 3 batches, because the food processor will have a hard time doing it all at once. Then add in the chocolate chips (or sugar-free chocolate chips if you wish).

4. Taylor says:

Awesome thank you!!! I got so excited that I made your regular batch before I got this recipe and it was amaaaazing!!! I look forward to making this version and comparing the two for you. Again thank you!!!! :) <3

43. Oh Katie! Everything looks so good!! I want a bite of everything, ok, I lied! I want to eat everything!!!

44. jocelyn says:

When are you coming out with your cookbook? That’s what I want to see! Anything in the works?

1. Aww thank you!!

I am working on one… but it’s in the very early stages!

45. Calla says:

Would you ever consider doing a post about what you eat in a typical day? I would be so curious to see what you eat for lunch and dinner – especially because you always show your readers desserts! These all look wonderful, I am planning on making the german fudge babies next weekend.

1. I probably won’t… I did one a long time ago, but then I found out a lot of girls were trying to emulate my sample day as a “meal plan” and that made me feel like I was being irresponsible. I’m not a nutritionist, so I don’t want anyone thinking my way of eating is the “right” way for everyone… plus I pretty much never have the same things two days in a row so it wouldn’t be a very good sample anyway ;).

Also, desserts are just way more fun to potograph than non-dessert meals! When I’m hungry, I just want to eat. I don’t want my food to get cold while I do a photoshoot.

But I will try and post more non-dessert recipes in the future!

46. phoebe says:

I second what calla says, about what you eat in a typical day!! :))
    But I know you have a lot of recipes to post, so take your time :) Don’t overload!

47. I have a complete love-hate relationship with these posts… LOVE because I want to eat every single one of these bad boy recipes, but HATE because I can NEVER decide which one I want to whip up. And when I do FINALLY decide, it seems I’m always short an ingredient. Gasp.

48. dc says:

Congrats on the TV feature! Looks like you did great :) I LOVE that you have a recipe for chocolate bars! I got so excited when I saw that. I make your baked oatmeal at least 3x a week, but need something more portable, so I was searching for a good healthy granola bar recipe and noticed you don’t have one (or I’m missing it, I’m rather new to your site)?

1. dc says:

excellent, thanks!!

49. Kristabel says:

I need to pick out a recipe for Valentines day because I don’t have a current favorite. :-( I really want to try some of yours, but I need to go to the store first!

50. Mon Sun C says:

Great compilation of desserts just in time for love this Valentine’s Day! Thank you.

51. Yum! I want them all, and I’ll start with the pie. 😉

52. Imogen says:

Hey Katie,
    I’ve tried some of your recipes before and really like them. Thanks for the recipes and the nice looking photos =).
    I’m planning to make your delicious looking banana fudge cake on Valentine’s Day for my sweetheart but I still have a question regarding the coconut butter. I don’t have any so I had a look at your recipe for making your own. I have coconut flakes and flour, however, I only have a hand blender. Will I be able to make coconut butter with that device as well? Or would you advise me to rather try and make it with coconut oil?

It would be great if you could reply. Thanks a bunch already!

53. LizAshlee says:

Wow, to have all these delicious recipes in one place..amazing! :)

54. Lanell says:

I just want you to know that these recipes are amazing. You’re my hero! Btw, here’s a raw chocolate mouse variation that is very tasty:

1 avocado
    2 T Cocoa Powder
    4 T Agave Nectar
    3 T coconut butter
    1 t vanilla

Blend all in food processor until smooth. Chill for 30 minutes. Makes 4 tiny servings, but because it is very rich, tiny is perfect.

1. I really need to try avocado mousse! I keep meaning to do it. Thanks for the recipe :)

55. YUM! and now I’m going to eat some chocolate :-)

56. wow- just compared this post with your Valentine’s round up from last year…the difference in photo quality this year is phenomenal! Go girl! :-)

57. DavidK says:

A great VDay chocolate idea is A friend of mine told me about it.. just subscribed my girlfriend as a gift. Craft chocolate every month- total win! I may have to order myself some too :)