Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Healthy Valentine’s Day Desserts

Yes, Valentine’s Day isn’t until next week, and I still have more new recipes to publish before it comes around. But I wanted to get a “Valentine’s Day Recipes” post up early for people who like to plan ahead. Normally I try to keep my round-up posts concise (10 recipes or less), so as not to overwhelm anyone. For this post, however, it was difficult to narrow the recipes down even to 20! When you have a blog devoted to chocolate and desserts, pretty much all the recipes would be good for Valentine’s Day!

Here are a few that would be especially good for Valentine’s Day:

v day 12

Single-Serving Mocha Chocolate Cake

No date? No problem! Now you have chocolate to keep yourself company.

v day

Individual Strawberry Shortcakes

Super easy to double the recipe if you’re not a single lady!

v day 14

Chocolate-Raspberry Fudge Cake

One of my personal favorites. I’m making this recipe for sure.

v day 13

Chocolate-Strawberry Hugs Oatmeal

It’s like a giant chocolate hug in a bowl. And who doesn’t want a giant chocolate hug?

Healthier Chocolate Cake

This chocoholic cake looks way to gorgeous to be so healthy.

v day 15

Soy-Free Love Potion

Guaranteed to make someone fall in love with you. Well, not really. But it tastes good!

Hot Chocolate Cookies

Imagine eating hot chocolate… in the form of a cookie!

v day 5

Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Mousse

So nice, I named it thrice. (Sorry for the lame joke.)

Chocolate Cookie Cups

I made these for a Valentine’s Day party last year, and they were a huge hit.

v day 0

Buttery Berry Crumble Bars

Another crowd-pleaser, these bars are especially good with raspberries.

v day 1

Gluten-Free Chocolate Lace Cookies

Just because you can’t eat gluten doesn’t mean you should be left out on Valentine’s Day.

v day 9

Two-Bite Brownies

One bite for you, one bite for your special someone. Don’t have a special someone this year? Oh well, two bites for you!

v day 11

Chocolate Brownie Batter Dip

You want to dive right in, don’t you? Or is it just me??

v day 6

German Chocolate Fudge Bites

You and your sweetheart want to make babies on Valentine’s Day, don’t you? (I can’t believe I actually just wrote that on my blog. Oops.)

3-Ingredient Chocolate Bars

Question of the Day:

What are some of your favorite Valentine’s Day recipes?

Feel free to leave links, so other readers can see your delicious recipes.

1. I loved the TV spot. It was awesome – congrats Katie!!

I don’t have any Valentine’s Day recipes. My boyfriend will be out of town and he’s anti-VDay anyway. Might have to make something for just myself.

I remember once when I was a little girl I was obsessed with the heart shaped cake pans and made my mom buy them so we could make a heart shaped layer cake. Very fun 🙂

2. Nothing beats a molten chocolate cake on Valentines day – in my opinon. 😉 I want to try one of your healthier versions this year!

3. Sunnie says:

I would like to compliment you on your food photography. I am making a cookbook right now of my favorite recipes for myself and for a few friends who are getting married this year and I have discovered that it is surprisingly difficult to take great food photos. Nice job!

1. Thank you so much, Sunnie!
      You’re so right… it’s hard! A lot of my photos that never make it onto the blog look horrible!

4. The link for the soy-free love potion doesn’t work =(

1. Sorry about that! It should work now… does it work for you?

Thanks for letting me know! 🙂

5. Mmmmm now I want to make them ALL!!!! I’m not exactly sure how we are celebrating v-day this year since I work until 9 that night, but I’m sure it will involve at least one of your recipes!

6. If I’m being honest my friends and I usually pop in a movie and enjoy some ice cream out of a carton 😉 cliche I know…. but these look a heck of a lot healthier!

7. Laura says:

Hey Katie, I read your post yesterday of course, and I’m so happy that these TV guys preferred the healthy cake. That’s how it should be, everytime 😉
    My favorite dish for Valentine’s day is a big lunch in a vegan restaurant with my friend! Since I am done with all my exams on that day, yay! That’s even cooler than dating a guy on that day… at least I try to say that to myself 😉
    I love your blog and keep reading it every day from Germany! Can’t wait for more amazing healthy recipes!

8. Michaela says:

And I could not understand why you wouldn´t want any comments on this!!
    Katie, I cannot believe you were featured on tv! That is such an honor for you, which you totally deserve, but also a milestone for vegan and healthy living. Way to go, girl!!
    So proud of you.
    You were so natural on camera and made my fave recipe 🙂
    Congrats again!

9. Aja says:

I want to make all of them!

10. oh my gosh, these all look so ridiculously delicious! And I’ve figured out how to get a Valentine, I’ll simply make a bunch of these and start passing them out to cute guys on the bus while heading downtown! I’m sure that love potion will work… If not, the chocolate alone will! Haha

11. I was wondering about yesterday.. Congrats!! I was so excited that they liked the healthier dessert better and didn’t even know it!

This post is making my sweet tooth go nuts. Everything looks fantastic!

12. Yum! These look like great valentine treats. 🙂 Congrats again for the tv debut!

13. Elaina says:

oh god I want ALL THE THINGS!! they all look heavenly 😀

14. Mary says:

How many bars does your chocolate bar recipe make? I saw the nutrition information but I have no idea how many servings are in there. Thank you 🙂

1. It depends on how big you make them. You can form bars of any size, or you can make chocolates by pouring it into candy molds!

15. I love my Avocado Chocolate Pudding because it healthy and doubles as a delicious strawberry, cherry or fruit dip! You can get romantic and feed each other strawberries dipped in deliciously creamy chocolate, nothing beats that!

16. Rachelle says:

I think it’d be pretty interesting to fill the mocha chocolate cake with some type of syrup (pb, chocolate, fruits, anything!) and make it into a mocha chocolate lava cake!
    Thank you for all of your recipes! I’m getting so many ideas now. EXCITED!!
    And you did fantastic on your news segment! 😀

1. Oh that sounds really good! I’m definitely keeping your idea in mind :).

17. Superfood Babe says:

Not in the mood for chocolate? Check out my snickerdoodle mug cake
    Thanks 🙂

Katie, i’m so proud of you for making it onto tv <3

18. Ooh those two-bite brownies are calling my name! I just posted a brownie post today and I think I must have them on my mind. You’d think I’d be sick of them after cooking and photographing them all week but no siree…brownies are something I don’t think I could ever be sick of!

19. Kristal says:

Oh man… so many good ones to choose. I posted a Red Velvet Brownie recipe today for Chocolate Friday… perfect for Valentines day…

I don’t know what we will be doing. We usually put the kids to bed and then have dinner together. But next week is rather busy, so not sure we can pull it off… but dessert is always possible!

20. Awesome recipes girly! You rock 😀