Pumpkin Cookie Dough Ice Cream

It’s pumpkin AND cookie dough.

Pumpkin Pie Cookie Dough Ice Cream!

So it’s pretty much guaranteed to be awesome.

Like getting to eat your pumpkin pie and your ice cream all in one little scoop. Or two big scoops.

One won’t be enough.

Pumpkin Cookie Dough Ice Cream

(gluten-free)

• 1/2 cup milk of choice, or coconut milk or nondairy creamer (240g)
  • 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk or non-dairy creamer (For a lower-calorie version, see nutrition link below.)
  • 2/3 cup pumpkin or sweet potato puree (I used canned pumpkin.) (160g)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda (omit if desired)
  • 1/4 cup xylitol or brown sugar (or regular sugar) (50g)
  • 2 nunaturals stevia packets, or omit and increase sugar to scant 1/2 cup
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (and optional: a pinch pumpkin pie spice)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp oat flour (or 1/4 cup rolled oats finely ground in a blender) (20g)
  • optional: handful of chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients (minus optional chips), and whisk until smooth. See “nutrition info” link below if you don’t have an ice cream maker. Otherwise, pour into your ice cream maker and churn. (It took 15 minutes in my Cuisinart.) Add chips if desired, stir, then transfer to an airtight container. Chill in the freezer for an hour or so, until true ice-cream consistency is reached. Note: homemade ice cream has its best texture if eaten the same day it’s made. Also, if you’re using coconut milk, make sure it’s the full-fat kind that comes in a can.

View Nutrition Facts

It's pumpkin AND cookie dough, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be awesome!

Question of the Day:

What’s the best thing you’ve eaten so far today?

Mine: is a tie between this ice cream and a frosted chocolate doughnut!

Click to see: my un-edited photos.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Best thing I ate so far today was a microwave banana protein (powder) cake. Vegan, gluten-free and delicious!

This ice cream looks so good! I love cookie dough… and pumpkin. Is it pretty firm, or is it softer? In the close up picture of the scoop it looks really liquidy, but my eyes are probably deceiving me! 🙂

1. If you eat it straight from the ice cream maker, it’s softer. But let it firm up as the directions state and it’s thick and creamy.
      That second photo… probably about 10 minutes after taking it out of the freezer, so it had started to melt. Photoshooting ice cream is definitely not my favorite thing to do ;).

1. Totally understand! Thanks for the quick response 🙂

2. Amanda F says:

Yum, yum, yum! I am obsessed with all things pumpkin right now. I made your pumpkin baked oatmeal yesterday morning. Delicious!

3. Anonymous says:

I think this looks great, but could you tell me how “cookie dough” fits this? Is it the chips? Thanks!

1. It’s actually cookie-dough-flavored. As opposed to having cookie dough chunks, it’s like the entire thing is cookie dough (mostly thanks to the amounts/additions of the flour, vanilla, and baking soda).

4. Anonymous says:

Sorry – your form wouldn’t let me leave my personal info above – trying again now. I am unclear as to how this is a cookie dough recipe – isn’t it really pumpkin chocolate chip? Or does the oat flour give it a dough taste? Thanks!

5. Awesome ice cream flavor! Looks perfect for an ice cream sandwich!

6. Krista says:

The best thing I ate today was a molasses and mixed berry cake entirely sweetened with molasses. One of the tastiest things I have put in my mouth in a very long time. I needed the iron, so I searched the net for molasses recipes. My cake was a modified version of this one: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/oldfashioned-blueberry-cake-recipe.html

It’s moist and tart and sweet with the tiniest hint of bitterness. You may want to try veganizing it. Molasses is a great sweetener to play with since it has so many minerals in it.

1. Emma says:

A molasses cake sounds really interesting… maybe you should start a food blog 🙂

7. Ohhh, I am on such a pumpkin kick! This loiks fantastic!!! Perfect for the hot weather were getting today!!

8. Oh my goodness….cookie dough and pumpkin….pure awsomeness!!! This morning I had one of these delicious pumpkin pancakes http://www.hungryhealthygirl.com/recipes/?recipe_id=6032250

9. Amber says:

Part of me says this sounds great, and part of me says “hmm..pumpkin and cookie dough together?!” I suppose the proof would be in the tasting, right? 🙂 ….I do need to thank you for posting ice cream recipes (dairy free!) that can be made without an ice cream maker, because THAT’S the best thing I’ve had so far today – vanilla ice milk for breakfast! With chopped almonds and sugar free chocolate. 🙂 It’s been a long time since I could have ice cream, so it was SO enjoyable. Thanks! 🙂
    P.S. I DID have other foods at breakfast. 🙂

10. I already put an ice cream maker on my birthday list! haha

11. I love any reason to keep making ice cream into the cooler months!

12. Best thing so far: overnight oats for breakfast! I love those. Also I can’t wait to try this–I can’t get enough pumpkin this time of year! Thanks Katie 🙂

13. Rachel says:

Best thing I’ve had?? Chocolate peanut butter 😀 Yummmmm

14. Lauren says:

Best thing today…blueberry pancakes! I made them for my daughter, and they turned out so fluffy and delicious! I love any recipe with oats, so this is a must try! 🙂

15. Brittney says:

This sounds amazing! What brand of coconut milk do you use?

1. It really doesn’t matter, as long as it’s the full-fat canned kind. Thai Kitchen Organic is always good. Or Native Forest.

1. Theresa says:

If I were to use So Delicious, I’m assuming it would just not be quite a creamy?

16. I haven’t eaten yet today and I wish the first thing could be this!!

17. Allison says:

All I have to say is… THANK YOU!!!!

18. Megan R says:

When is your cookbook coming out!? I MUST buy it!! 🙂 Love your website!

1. I’m not sure yet, but hopefully I will finally have more info this week or next… so I’ll hopefully get to post about it in the coming weeks!

19. Aja says:

OH my goodness! My two favorite things put together into one ice cream?!
    Since it’s only 10am where I am the best thing I’ve eaten today have been blackberries. my mom bought me a bunch when she came to visit yesterday. So good!