Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Pumpkin Cookie Dough Ice Cream

It’s pumpkin AND cookie dough.

Pumpkin Pie Cookie Dough Ice Cream!

So it’s pretty much guaranteed to be awesome.

Like getting to eat your pumpkin pie and your ice cream all in one little scoop. Or two big scoops.

One won’t be enough.

Pumpkin Cookie Dough Ice Cream

• 1/2 cup milk of choice, or coconut milk or nondairy creamer (240g)
  • 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk or non-dairy creamer (For a lower-calorie version, see nutrition link below.)
  • 2/3 cup pumpkin or sweet potato puree (I used canned pumpkin.) (160g)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda (omit if desired)
  • 1/4 cup xylitol or brown sugar (or regular sugar) (50g)
  • 2 nunaturals stevia packets, or omit and increase sugar to scant 1/2 cup
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (and optional: a pinch pumpkin pie spice)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp oat flour (or 1/4 cup rolled oats finely ground in a blender) (20g)
  • optional: handful of chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients (minus optional chips), and whisk until smooth. See “nutrition info” link below if you don’t have an ice cream maker. Otherwise, pour into your ice cream maker and churn. (It took 15 minutes in my Cuisinart.) Add chips if desired, stir, then transfer to an airtight container. Chill in the freezer for an hour or so, until true ice-cream consistency is reached. Note: homemade ice cream has its best texture if eaten the same day it’s made. Also, if you’re using coconut milk, make sure it’s the full-fat kind that comes in a can.

View Nutrition Facts

It's pumpkin AND cookie dough, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be awesome!

Question of the Day:

What’s the best thing you’ve eaten so far today?

Mine: is a tie between this ice cream and a frosted chocolate doughnut!

Click to see: my un-edited photos.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Best thing I ate so far today was a microwave banana protein (powder) cake. Vegan, gluten-free and delicious!

This ice cream looks so good! I love cookie dough… and pumpkin. Is it pretty firm, or is it softer? In the close up picture of the scoop it looks really liquidy, but my eyes are probably deceiving me! :)

1. If you eat it straight from the ice cream maker, it’s softer. But let it firm up as the directions state and it’s thick and creamy.
      That second photo… probably about 10 minutes after taking it out of the freezer, so it had started to melt. Photoshooting ice cream is definitely not my favorite thing to do ;).

1. Totally understand! Thanks for the quick response :)

2. Leslie says:

That looks beyond amazing!!! Of course if it’s cookie dough then I love it! :)

3. Amanda F says:

Yum, yum, yum! I am obsessed with all things pumpkin right now. I made your pumpkin baked oatmeal yesterday morning. Delicious!

4. Anonymous says:

I think this looks great, but could you tell me how “cookie dough” fits this? Is it the chips? Thanks!

1. It’s actually cookie-dough-flavored. As opposed to having cookie dough chunks, it’s like the entire thing is cookie dough (mostly thanks to the amounts/additions of the flour, vanilla, and baking soda).

5. Anonymous says:

Sorry – your form wouldn’t let me leave my personal info above – trying again now. I am unclear as to how this is a cookie dough recipe – isn’t it really pumpkin chocolate chip? Or does the oat flour give it a dough taste? Thanks!

6. Awesome ice cream flavor! Looks perfect for an ice cream sandwich!

7. Krista says:

The best thing I ate today was a molasses and mixed berry cake entirely sweetened with molasses. One of the tastiest things I have put in my mouth in a very long time. I needed the iron, so I searched the net for molasses recipes. My cake was a modified version of this one:

It’s moist and tart and sweet with the tiniest hint of bitterness. You may want to try veganizing it. Molasses is a great sweetener to play with since it has so many minerals in it.

1. Emma says:

A molasses cake sounds really interesting… maybe you should start a food blog :)

8. Ohhh, I am on such a pumpkin kick! This loiks fantastic!!! Perfect for the hot weather were getting today!!

9. Oh my goodness….cookie dough and pumpkin….pure awsomeness!!! This morning I had one of these delicious pumpkin pancakes

10. Amber says:

Part of me says this sounds great, and part of me says “hmm..pumpkin and cookie dough together?!” I suppose the proof would be in the tasting, right? :) ….I do need to thank you for posting ice cream recipes (dairy free!) that can be made without an ice cream maker, because THAT’S the best thing I’ve had so far today – vanilla ice milk for breakfast! With chopped almonds and sugar free chocolate. :) It’s been a long time since I could have ice cream, so it was SO enjoyable. Thanks! :)
    P.S. I DID have other foods at breakfast. :)

11. I already put an ice cream maker on my birthday list! haha

12. I love any reason to keep making ice cream into the cooler months!

13. Emma says:

Sounds completely divine and perfect for the season! I was wondering if I could request a raw birthday cake for my best friend… no pressure but I have no idea where to start, as I live somewhere where you cannot things like coconut butter or cocoa butter! It would be amazing if you could try, or link me to a good one :) love your blog to pieces Katie x

1. What about the strawberry truffle pie?

If you can’t find coconut oil, I think you could probably just use extra of the cashews…

1. Emma says:

Thanks so much Katie! Great idea! :)

14. Best thing so far: overnight oats for breakfast! I love those. Also I can’t wait to try this–I can’t get enough pumpkin this time of year! Thanks Katie :)

15. Rachel says:

Best thing I’ve had?? Chocolate peanut butter 😀 Yummmmm

16. Lauren says:

Best thing today…blueberry pancakes! I made them for my daughter, and they turned out so fluffy and delicious! I love any recipe with oats, so this is a must try! :-)

17. Brittney says:

This sounds amazing! What brand of coconut milk do you use?

1. It really doesn’t matter, as long as it’s the full-fat canned kind. Thai Kitchen Organic is always good. Or Native Forest.

1. Theresa says:

If I were to use So Delicious, I’m assuming it would just not be quite a creamy?

18. I haven’t eaten yet today and I wish the first thing could be this!!

19. Allison says:

All I have to say is… THANK YOU!!!!

20. Megan R says:

When is your cookbook coming out!? I MUST buy it!! :) Love your website!

1. I’m not sure yet, but hopefully I will finally have more info this week or next… so I’ll hopefully get to post about it in the coming weeks!

21. Aja says:

OH my goodness! My two favorite things put together into one ice cream?!
    Since it’s only 10am where I am the best thing I’ve eaten today have been blackberries. my mom bought me a bunch when she came to visit yesterday. So good!

22. Alyssa says:

How is the consistency? Looks like the pumpkin would make it a bit peculiar, but I’m going to try it out myself!

1. It’s creamy… you just need to be sure to not skip the second ingredient and sub with a lower-cal milk, or it’s more like ice milk.

23. OMG those unedited pics of the chocolate donuts!!! I don’t even like donuts & want those in my belly, like, NOW!! 😀 I am in love with your blog! I just wish I could keep up with all the deliciousness ;).

24. Laura says:

The best thing I ate so far today was my usual breakfast parfait.
    I never have much success with your ice cream recipes (really need an ice cream maker!) but this still looks good!

1. Anonymous says:

I don’t have success with them and I have an ice cream maker so you’re not alone! Bummer but everything else I’ve made on here has been great!

1. Is there anything in particular that goes wrong? I definitely want to know if someone has trouble with one of the recipes, so I can help figure out what’s going wrong!

1. Laura says:

I just can’t get it to turn out smooth enough. It always has little ice crystals that don’t blend out. Still tasty, but not exactly ice cream texture.
          And I second Anonymous, even if I can ‘t get ice cream to work quite right all your other recipes are fantastic! :)

25. Rhonda says:

The best thing I’ve eaten today was one (I’m proud of my restraint!) of your no-flour chocolate brownies made with black beans. They are heavenly!

26. Linde says:

Best things I ate today: The Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Pie from your recipe (made it for my bday yesterday!) and now Im eating a heavenly baked banana with chocolate banana butter!
    Love love LOVE your recipes!

27. Tammy says:

Best thing I had today would have to a bowl of pumpkin seeds mixed with salsa. Cute photos; I love those baby cones! I was wondering about the doughnut, the one in the linked picture, right? They look so good! I thought you weren’t big on sweets- how’d it turn out? Chocolate on chocolate ( cake, never cared for yeast ) was always my favorite choice. ^^

1. Not big on sweets just means I don’t like super-sweet desserts (or things like candy or sorbets). It definitely doesn’t mean I don’t love dessert; I’d just prefer my dessert to be rich and creamy… or chocolatey :).

28. Danielle says:

Three of my favorite things.. Pumpkin chocolate and cookie dough! And ice cream!!!! Ahhhh I am so so excited about this post can’t wait to make it :)

29. Ange says:

Katie, I made this today and it was really yummy, except a slight bitter taste (not my stevia, I use nunaturals all the time and I’m used to that flavor)- I’m thinking it’s from the baking soda. Can you tell me what the baking soda does in the recipe? Does it make the icecream fluffier? I’m thinking I might leave it out next time if it is just for flavor…

1. Shouldn’t be the baking soda.
      What sweetener did you use besides the stevia? (i.e. for where it calls for xylitol or brown sugar)
      And did you make any changes to the recipe?

1. Ange says:

I used the brown sugar, and no changes. I am starting to wonder if my tongue was off for the day- I’ve been making your black bean brownies all week and they are awesome, but they tasted bitter yesterday too so that solved it for me. Weird tongue day. :)

30. This is genius! What a great way to kick off the fall season!

My favorite foods that I’ve eaten today are roasted beets (they taste like candy!) and potato chops. 😉

31. Sarah the official CCK drooler @RomneyRyan2012 says:

The best thing I ate today was breakfast:Early Morning Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal (with caramelized bananas!) from Oh She Glows. SO good… I’ve been on an OSG kick and her recipes are my diet basically. They are THE BEST (and she’s all vegan too) and I’m picky with vegan things since I’m not one. Okay, I’ll stop :)
    I definitely recommend her site though (so yummy).
    I’m stopping now. Promise. 😀

32. holly says:

the best and only thing I’ve eaten today is cereal :)

33. Anna says:

Can you do this in the Vitamix as well since it makes ice cream?

34. How could it be better!! I don’t have an ice cream machine, but somehow I’ll make this work…

35. Gretchen says:

The best thing I’ve eaten today is this ice cream!!! It is DELICIOUS. I just happened to have an opened can of pumpkin in the fridge that I was pondering what to do with it. I got the email for this recipe and made it tonight. Katie, you’re a genius. Thank you!!
    I need to be alone with my ice cream now…

1. Thank you so much for trying it already!

36. carmen says:

God this looks delicious!! I am sooo making this. I just bought a can of pumpkin too. Now, only to decide if I’m gonna use it for this recipe or your pumpkin pie baked oatmeal…. Idk, both looks so gosh darn good!! Is there any way to leave out the sugar and just use all stevia? I’m a stevia girl and anywhere I don’t have to use sugar is a plus.

37. Bek @ Crave says:

The best thing I’ve eaten today is soon to be my oats for breakfast! Can’t beat them 😉

38. Cai says:

Can I just say how I love that you are quite possibly the most versatile vegan in the entire world?! I love love love your blog, and I love that you post so many options for people who want lower cal options, or who don’t have ice cream makers, etc. You’re awesome 😀

39. Andrea says:

Best thing I’ve eaten today: your peanut butter pie! I made it last night and it was almost all I could think about this afternoon at work! I was so excited to come home and have a piece. :)

I also had pumpkin pie refrigerator oatmeal for breakfast, which was delicious. I do love pumpkin. And peanut butter. And oatmeal!

40. Erika says:

I made your banana peanut butter today and that was pretty awesome. I’ve also been making some banana pancakes from pinterest lately. 1 mashed banana and 2 eggs. Mix together and cook like pancakes. They are SO good with some vanilla yogurt and frozen (thawed) blueberries on top!! Also they were awesome with banana peanut butter on top.

41. Jennie says:

Best thing I’ve eaten today was your pumpkin breakfast bowl! I’ve eaten it 3 days in a row now, and it is SO good!! I make it right before I take my older son to school, and it is perfect by the time I get home!

42. Ruth says:

Wonderful recipe as always! I love receiving your recipes everyday, you are so talented, it is a great pleasure :-)

43. Laura says:

Katie, this was DELICIOUS!
    I don’t know why I was surprised. Your recipes never disappoint. :)
    Oh and why am I leaving this comment at 8 in the morning? Well because yes I did just have pumpkin cookie dough ice cream for breakfast! I figured it had pumpkin and oat flour, which is kind of like oatmeal so why not right? IT WAS AWESOME!!!

44. Wow – my sister would die for this. I might just have to make some for (Canadian) thanksgiving dessert next weekend!

Thanks for sharing :)

45. This looks perfect! All my favorite things in one recipe!

46. Simply amazing!!! You make my foodie dreams come true! : )

47. Lisa C. says:

Mmm mmm mmm this was so good. It almost tasted like eating frozen pumpkin pie cake batter. Seriously seriously delicious!

48. Libby says:

I finally made your red velvet pancakes this morning. Mmm.

49. carmen says:

Hmm… The best thing I ate today were banana pancakes. Theyre to DIE for. Take 1 banana and mash it up until goopy (yea sounds kinda gross but just wait) add one egg, some vanilla, stevia if banana isn’t very ripe, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of coconut flour. Whisk everything together and fry in some butter!! theyre DELICIOUS!!

50. Kayla says:

Best thing I ate today happens to be the only thing I’ve eaten so far. Although I suspect it will remain the best thing I’ve eaten. Your blueberry pie pancakes!! 😀

51. Amanda says:

YUM! You are such an inspiration, Katie! This looks great, as do all your other creations and recreations. And, I just adore pumpkin 😉 Would you be so kind as to keep making more pumpkin delicacies, like pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, etc? It would be much appreciated!

52. Bethany says:

Made this today! My mom and I loved it!!! Thank you so much :) Definatley making it again!!

53. Hannah H. says:

This looks so yummy! Never would have thought of putting pumpkin and cookie dough together. Best thing I had today would have to be a chai tea with your coconut crack bars.

54. TJ Wiltz says:

I’m not really sure where to add my choice but I would LOVE to see Poptarts!!
    I subscribed to ur updated not that long ago & each time I get a new one it NEVER disappoints & I pin LOTS of ur stuff on Pinterest. I’m a Figure Competitor so my diet is extremely strict & ur recipes & all the nutrition info & alternatives they contain really bring a sense of comfort.
    Thx girl!!

55. Katie says:

Hi Katie!
    I’ve come to you because you were the first food blog (or any blog for that matter) that i fell in love with and that got me interested enough to start my own blog… and i’ve finally done it! I’ve started up my very own blog: (i would be honoured for you to drop by and have a look- let me know what you think) at the moment it’s just a blog for the things in general that i love and what i get up to but i’d like it to have a lot of recipes and maybe turn into a food blog sometime in the future. I thought i’d come to you and ask if you have any advice on getting up and running with my blog- how to publicise it and get people reading my blog- rather than just writing to myself haha- i figured you had to start somewhere and now you’ve done soso well- i was wondering how you got your blog out there?
    thanks for taking time to read this! Any advice you would have for me would be appreciated more than you may think :)

1. Hi Katie! Good luck with your new blog :).
      Here are all my posts tagged “blogging tips”

56. Yummy! But here’s my old problem: No canned pumpkin in this country!

57. Nikki Porter says:

Hi Katie!

I loveeeeee your recipes!!! I have been a follower for years now and I am constantly trying out your creations! I am creating a E-book for fitness and health enthusiasts looking to find recipes to suit many of the current popular diets in the media. The Recipe book will have various sections including High Protein, Clean Eats, Paleo Friendly, Vegan/Vegetarian and Allergy Friendly.

I have a passion for Nutrition, Health, Fitness and Wellbeing and as I am currently studying a Advanced Diploma of Nutrition, I thought I would create a E-book that allows the consumer to easily download and access some yummy recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert and Snacks whilst also having access to some bloggers and their website information, they may not have heard of or visited before. So it gives the bloggers some free advertising and the viewers some useful information to find more recipes.

So far I have these bloggers involved:

Gluten Free Vegan Girl
    Stacie Lee
    Get Fit Feel Sexy
    My Food Religion
    This Rawsome Vegan Life
    The Fit Cookie
    Simply Paleo
    Skinny Confidential

I absolutely love your recipes and I was just wondering if you would like to join the bloggers above and feature some of your Recipes in the E-Book? Each Recipe you feature will have a contact card that will show your website, logo, photo and facebook. :)

If you are interested could you email me or alternatively I can email you.. I am just not sure of your email :).

Looking forward to hearing from you Katie!

Warm Regards

1. Hi Nikki,
      Thanks so much for thinking of me. Because some of my recipes are going in the cookbook, they need to stay on this site… but please feel free to use any of my photos and list just a part of the recipe (with a link to the original) if that still works.

58. Les says:

Hi Katie, can you do a round-up post on all your pumpkin recipes? That would be great!

1. I can try to do one later this year. In the meantime, here’s a link to all the posts with pumpkin:

59. Tricia says:

Hi Katie!
    I’ve been a fan and frequent visitor of your site for quite some time now and have tried out a few recipes… this is one that I got really really excited about and went out to buy the ingredients as soon as I saw it! I just made a batch and it’s in the freezer now (I don’t have an ice cream machine) and I just can’t wait to try it!
    Thanks for all of your genius recipes, and giving me a way to satisfy my very very large sweet tooth without feeling like I’m negating all of the healthy choices I make everyday! :)

60. Lissy says:

My friend is allergic to wheat and gluten. Making this especially for her :)

61. Victoria Van Vlear says:

Just tried this recipe for the first time and love it! I love all your ice cream recipes, Katie. As someone who has been allergic to dairy my entire life, it’s been so fun to actually get to try some of these ice cream flavors I’ve never been able to have before! Thanks so much.

62. Eileen G says:

This was a delicious recipe! Thanks Katie!!!