Classic vanilla ice cream is packed with delicious unbaked chocolate chip cookie dough, in this homemade vegan cookie dough ice cream – with NO eggs or dairy!
This cookie dough ice cream can be:
Smooth, thick, and creamy, it’s perfect for a hot summer’s day. Scoop it into ice cream cones or devour it with a spoon. And no judgment if you eat all the chocolate chip cookie dough pieces first!
Also try these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Did you know cookie dough ice cream wasn’t invented until 1991?
(Thank you, Ben & Jerry’s.)
This really makes me wonder what we all did before that time.
I’m trying to remember a world without cookie dough ice cream, but it’s almost as difficult as trying to remember what the world was like before the internet. Or cell phones.
Thankfully we don’t have to think about it, and if you are currently living in a cookie-dough-less home, all you have to do is whip up the recipe below to instantly add some cookie dough deliciousness to your life 🙂
Trending right now: Vegan Mac And Cheese
Coconut Free Ice Cream
For a cookie dough vegan ice cream with no coconut, simply use any one of the following recipes for the ice cream base and add the cookie dough at the end.
Or if you do go with the coconut version, just make sure you’re using full-fat canned coconut milk, not the kind that comes in a carton and not lite.
For the sweetener of choice, it works with pure maple syrup, regular or brown sugar, coconut or date sugar, or xylitol or granulated erythritol for sugar free ice cream.
Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk, OR the coconut free options above
- 1/2 cup any milk of choice
- 1/3 cup sweetener of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup cookie dough (see below)
- *If using coconut milk, it must be full-fat (and the kind that comes in a can, not a carton).For the cookie dough, use any store-bought or homemade cookie dough, such as the dough from these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies or this Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip. To make the ice cream, stir all ingredients except cookie dough in a bowl. If you have an ice cream maker, process according to manufacturer's directions. Otherwise, you can freeze the mixture in ice cube trays and then blend the frozen ice cubes in a high speed blender (such as a Vita-Mix) or thaw a little and blend in a regular blender. Break up the cookie dough into pieces, and gently stir into the ice cream. Serve right away, or freeze a few hours if a firmer texture is desired. This ice cream is best the day it's made, but it technically can be frozen up to a few weeks and thawed before eating. View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
Popular Vegan Cookie Recipes
Or these Coconut Flour Cookies
Healthy Cookies – 50 recipes