Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Dole Whip Recipe – Bring Disney to your Kitchen!

Homemade pineapple Dole Whip!

Easy recipe for Disney's popular cult classic frozen dessert --- just 5 ingredients:

Do you know about the famous Disney Dole Whip?

The original Dole Whip recipe—a swirled pineapple soft-serve dessert—enjoys somewhat of a cult following, with long lines of up to an hour at every location where it is served. There’s even an app to tell hungry tourists how long they can expect to wait!

This popular frozen treat is only available at a few select locations, the most famous being Aloha Island near the Tiki Room in Disney’s Magic Kingdom. As it is so difficult to come by, I’ve only tried a real Dole Whip once in my life…

Based on that memory of a smooth, creamy, chilled pineapple confection with a slight lemon tang, I’ve come up with my own homemade version of the Disney favorite that can be whipped up in your very own kitchen.

Disney Dole Whip

(Side note: Apparently the demand for Dole Whips is so great that they are now starting to sell it at Six Flags as of this year, 2013. And a note to vegans: surprisingly, Disney’s Dole Whip is vegan. They recently reformulated the recipe, and the pineapple, mango, strawberry, raspberry, and orange flavors are all dairy-free and vegan.)

Dole Whip Recipe

Print This Recipe 5/5

Dole Whip Recipe

• 2 cups frozen pineapple
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice (Try canned coconut milk for piña colada soft serve!)
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • pinch pure stevia extract, or 2 tbsp sugar of choice
  • scant 1 tbsp lemon juice
Yield: 3 Servings

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Scoop out with an ice cream scoop, or squeeze through a pastry bag, yonanas machine, or a plastic bag with an edge cut off. (If your blender is not super-powerful like a Vita-Mix, you may need to add a little more liquid and then freeze a bit before serving, or churn in an ice cream maker.) For soft-serve that holds its shape longer, freeze the swirled dole whip at least 20 minutes prior to serving. Makes 3 servings the size of the pineapple whip in the photos.

*View Homemade Dole Whip Nutrition Facts*

Question of the Day:

Have you ever been to Disneyland or Disneyworld?

My favorite ride was always the Tower of Terror… but I was secretly terrified of it at the same time. I also loved Splash Mountain, the Peter Pan ride, the Haunted Mansion, and getting to meet Snow White and Pluto (hey, I was five years old!). Although I did love the soft-serve Dole Whip, my all-time favorite Disney food was definitely the cinnamon-sugar churros. Churros are high on my list of things to try and make at home… don’t be surprised if you see them on this blog someday!

Link Of The Day:

healthy candy
Copycat Reeses Eggs

Another food with a cult following!

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Those little Dole whips are so adorable! I went to Disneyland when I was little but never had a Dole Whip. However, I did have Dole pineapple soft serve at the pineapple plantation maze in Hawaii! Same thing? Can’t wait to try this one at home.

1. Amy says:

This is a bit of a late response but it is DEFINITELY the same as the Dole whip at the Dole pineapple plantation. Dole did make it after all. 😉 It’s not Disney’s to own so you can find it in the International Market in Hawaii and a small drive-in in La Crosse, WI (among other places as well I would assume).

2. Momma says:

Was station in the Navy less than 5 miles from the Dole Plantation…this looks a lot like what they served…yummmm

2. Lisa says:

Eeee…this got my all nostalgic about my younger years, I loved Disney world. Not really for the rides but the characters haha. I was young so I’ll just tell myself that’s why I was a scaredy cat.

When I went to Disney World a little later when I was about 12. I looooved the tower of terror. I even got a shirt that said I survived the tower of terror because I’m obviously that cool.

These are so cute, I definitely need to make them, this is why I love my vitamix.

3. GO Katie! This is so creative and sounds really good. Well done!! :)

4. These are so summery! I love it.

5. I used to work at Disney and I only had a dole whip once or twice! I have my own recipe for homemade ones so at least I can make them at home whenever I want one!

6. Dole Whip! The soft serve place I worked at in junior high served this (in the late 80’s) I love this stuff! You can still get it at this place and a few others in Michigan.

Can’t wait to try your recipe.

7. I’ve been to Disneyworld but have never heard of this. Clearly I am missing out!

8. susan says:

I love Dole Whip.
    Thanks for the recipe.

9. I’ve never had one of these, I might have to try this recipe!

10. Joy @ Caspara says:

Yum!! This looks great! We have been obsessed with pineapple lately, since moving to Hawaii.
    As for the question of the day, yes! I have been to both! And Disneyland is better. ;-). I know this might start a battle, and I grew up going to Disneyland but didn’t go to Disney World till I was grown up with kids. I have been told that explains my bias. But Disney World just feels so spread out and watered down. You *have to * have a week to go, and it takes forever just to get in and out of the park. Disneyland, though, is the true blue original. You can come and go much more easily, which is great with kids. BUT, Disney World has the BEST water parks we have ever been to!

1. Laci says:

I’m with Joy…I agree about Disneyland. I worked there for 2 years, so I know it well. But this year we visited Disney World and it felt too spaced out. We only had one day, so we only saw Epcot and Hollywood Studios though. I just feel like Disneyland has so much more to do and see in a shorter time.

You just made my day, though…I didn’t know Dole Whips were now dairy free! They were always my favorite; now that I’m dairy free I was so sad about missing out!

2. Kayla says:

I definitely agree! I’ve been to Disneyland twice and Disney world once. Disneyland was so much better!! In Disneyworld you spend a whole day at one of the parks and then realize that you’ve only done like 4 rides. :S Everything is definitely too spaced out! Everyone in my family would agree with you!

Universal studios on the other hand, is much better in Orlando than in Hollywood. 😉

1. Anonymous says:

While I agree that Disneyland was the original, and is easier to get in and out of, I do believe Disney world has more stuff to do with 4 parks, 2water parks, 32 resorts and a shopping district and a campground, Disneyland only has a fraction of that. I was so ecstatic when she released this recipe! I love dole whips! Laci-Dole whips have always been dairy free. I adore pineapple so dole whips are amazing!

2. Anaiis says:

While I agree that Disneyland was the original and is easier to get in and out of, Disney world has more stuff to do with 4 parks, 2water parks, 32 resorts, shopping district, and a campground, Disneyland has only a fraction of that. I love dole whips! Laci-Dole whips have always been dairy free. I adore pineapple so I think dole whips are amazing! I was ecstatic when I saw she posted this recipe!

3. Dolley says:

And to think I was going to talk to soneome in person about this.

11. These are all the rage at Disney World, and yes, they are that good to deserve it. Thanks for allowing me to make one at home now! :)

12. Monica Stone says:

I love your blog so much that I’m borrowing a computer, [I’m on vacation right now] to read this post. Looks and sounds delish! I can’t believe you’d remember how Dole Whip tasted like if you had it when you were 5! Seriously, I can’t even remember where I left my purse. This is definitely a must try for this summer.

1. Haha oh no, I think I was in middle school when I had Dole Whip. I first met Snow White at Disneyland many years earlier :).

13. Love those whippy tops! I also want to make churros…love love love them! But have yet to think of a way to healthanize and deglutenize them!! :-)

14. Paige says:

I LOVE Dole Whip :) we go to Disneyland every year and pineapple whips are a must every time. thanks so much for the recipe! I’ve been missing Disney lately.

Favorite ride, hands down, is Pirates of the Carribean. Such a classic and is amazing in Disneyland…The Disney World version isn’t my favorite.

15. Wendy says:

Oh Katie! Dole Whips are my favorite! We are Disney fanatics! We get annual passes every few years and one of the things I look forward to most are the Dole Whips! I can’t wait to make these for my two boys! I am going to try them now and listen to the tiki room music while I make them. Love your blog, and all of the recipies I have tried from it, but this is AWESOME!

16. Danielle says:

Hey, cute pictures today! Just thought you may want to be aware if you’re not already, there is an ad for bison meat running at the top of the page of your blog today. Since you’re vegan I thought you might want to know…

1. If it’s a backfilled adsense ad, there’s unfortunately nothing I can do. It puts up different ads for different people, based on things like location, browsing history, etc. :(

17. Amy says:

Growing up in California, I went to Disneyland at least once a year until I was 18, and I even went twice last year as an adult! It really is the happiest place on Earth… 😉 But my mom’s college roommate’s mother absolutely adored the Enchanted Tiki Room, so we always went there one or two times every trip. The line for the “ride” was pretty short, but the line for the Dole Whip cart right outside the entrance snaked all the way through Adventureland!

18. Amber says:

Great minds think alike–on Sunday I made the Detoxinista’s recipe for Dole Whip! My husband loves DW so much that he bought a t-shirt about it the last time we were at Hollywood Studios! When we went to Epcot a few weeks ago, during the flower festival, he ate DW *twice*!

19. Is it weird if I say Pineapple Dole whip is always my first stop at Disney? Most of the soft serve ice cream shops around here have Dole Whip, but Disney must have a lock on pineapple because I can never find it anywhere else.

20. So I just recently visited Disney but didn’t find out about all the delicious foods they have there until I came home! Thank goodness for this recipe – now I can try the Dole Whip without having to go to Disney or Hawaii! Thanks!

21. Jenni says:

I went to Disney Land so many times as a kid, yet I don’t know a thing about this whip you speak of! How funny. I always went for the chocolate-covered frozen banana or the chocolate-coated vanilla ice cream shaped like Mickey. Although, churros were definitely consumed as well. Disney Land = Sugar Land.

22. Erin says:

Never been to Disneyland before (not even on a plane!) but this looks yummy. I bet my parents have had it. I should make this once midterms die down :)

23. My dad and brother both worked/work there so we went a lot because we get in free. I LOVE Tower of Terror and Rockin’ Roller Coaster. I was in the Indiana Jones show last time I was there and THAT was a blast.
    I can’t wait to make the Dole Whip.
    Have a lovely day.

24. Angie says:

Did you use fresh or canned pineapple? Can’t wait to try this!

1. You can use either. If using canned, be sure to drain it and then freeze first.

25. Krista S says:

ive never been to disney world or land and i doubt i will ever get the chance but im going to make these for my kids and maybe do a disney themed day for them and hope that it might be something special for them, ty for posting this.

26. I didn’t know they had these at Disney.. I’ve had them many times in Hawaii though! At the Dole plantation and in food courts. Thanks for the recipe, now I don’t have to go so far from home (Canada) to get one!

27. My husband is a total Disney-phile, so we went on our honeymoon three years ago, and again on a “baby-moon” last summer. Last summer was my first time being vegan in Disneyworld and the options for vegans are amazing! My favorites were the Babycakes bakery tucked away in downtown Disney, and the fully vegan menu at Sanaa in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I can’t say I’m as enamored with Disneyworld as my husband or his family, but I’m so excited to take my baby boy there in a few years!

28. Michelle says:

WAIT They’re vegan we just went and stood in that line so my non vegan kids could get them… We settled for fresh pineapple… Oh man
    It looked like ice cream so my husband and I passed
    Thanks for the recipe!!!!

29. Kit-Kat says:

I love The Tower of Terror! It is my favorite ride at the Adventure Park. My favorite ride in Disneyland is probably Space Mountain, followed by Splash Mountain. I do love most all the rides, though! ^_^

30. This just looks unreal! I want some right now!

1. Carole says:

Dole Whip pineapple and also orange are now served at Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt shops. It is one of the most popular flavors but it also rotates in and out. You should check it out – it’s labelled as non-Dairy so guess it doesn’t have milk in it. Hope there is an Orange Leaf near you!!

2. Joanne McLay says:

So easy and so good. but the piping bag froze my hands and fingers so I just dished it out. inspired me to make a strawberry and a banana whip and drizzle with chocolate sauce for a banana split whip!!

3. Suzicat says:

What serving size is in the photo? Trying to figure out how many servings this recipe will yield. I couldn’t find anything on the recipe or in the comments except this: “Makes 3 servings the size of the pineapple whip in the photos” which isn’t really helpful. Thank you – I want to make this for our holiday party for 12 people.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It says it makes three servings, so you would want to quadruple the recipe.

31. Jaime S. says:

I had no idea it was in such high demand! They serve all the Dole Whip favors at our local ice cream stand! One flavor at a time, once they are out of one they start on the next flavor. I think this week was Strawberry. Can’t wait to try this at home!

32. Jennifer says:

This sounds fantastic!! I can’t wait to try this, especially with the coconut milk!! Thanks so much for sharing this and all of your other goodies!

33. Scott Wolf says:

Been to Disneyland? I met my wife of 20 years there when I worked at the Disney Studios! My blog is all about Disney. And I just discovered your great blog. Made your 30 second cake last night for guests. It was a big hit! Tried my own with whole wheat bread flour and it was still so good! Can’t wait to try more of your delicious creations!

34. Anonymous says:

They sell dole whip at the ice cream shop in my town! Never have had it at disney though. This recipe looks like a great healthier alternative! thanks!!

35. Krista says:

Just made this for dessert and it was fabulous! Tastes exactly how I remember it, and it brought back some great memories of family vacations at Disney World. I used my food processor and added a bit more milk and it came out perfect. Thanks for the awesome recipe!

36. Hayley says:

Thanks so much for sharing that recipe! I’m actually going back to Disney World in about 11 days with my family. One of my ultimate high-priority missions when we go is to grab a pineapple dole-whip. I’ve actually become a little obsessed with it… So much that my mom is counting every time I say “dole-whip,” “pineapple fruity soft-serve” and even “Aloha Isle.” I’m very excited to go, and this post was very appropriate for me to read as this trip is coming soon, and since I’m so sure I’ll love it so much, I’m going to need to find a way to make it when I get back home. :)

37. Aja says:

I’m going to Walt Disney World in 4 days! But I’ve been to Disneyland a bazillion times. i love the Dole Whips. This is great!

38. Never seen this before but it looks really great for the kids. Thanks

39. Danielle says:

I’m definitely trying this! I’m actually not a fan of the Disney Dole Whip – it tastes really artificial. Thanks for this recipe!

40. Jessica says:

Not only was I just at Disney World a week and a half ago (I don’t live that far), I do make my own Dole Whips with pineapple juice and frozen yogurt. Yummy!

41. Kiersten says:

I grew up like 20 minutes from Disneyland so I had a season pass every year until I was like 20 I think. It’s basically my favorite place ever and I spent a ton of time there growing up. One year I even went pretty much every Friday after school with my friends. One of the things I miss most since moving away is the dole whip so thank you for this recipe! Although I’m not sure if it will help my cravings, or just make me miss Disneyland even more :)

42. kathy says:

We have an ice cream truck just down the street that serves a different flavor of the dole whip every week. AND, no lines for waiting. Pull up and order. It is so exquisite. Never tried it until last summer and I’ve been hooked ever since. And being vegan is a huge plus!! Had Mango two days ago. Yummy

43. Allison says:

I still have to get to Disney Tokyo, but besides that I’ve been to all the Disneys! Love, love, love them! Amd I love the dole whip, so I’m super excited to try this out!! Thanks for another fantastic idea

44. Kari says:

I have been dreaming of the Dole Whip ever since visiting the Dole plantation in Hawaii a few years ago! I will definitely be trying this recipe ASAP :)

45. Jill says:

Thanks… looking forward to trying this! Dole Whips are great! We have been to DisneyWorld and it was beyond amazing. There is a Dole Whip stand by Aladdin’s Magic Carpet ride.

46. Cookie says:

Looks delicious Katie! I bet it would be really good with the coconut milk. Kind of amazing the following that a fruit-based treat can draw.

47. Richard says:

I love Disney World, riding Space Mountain as a kid was the biggest thrill, the roller coaster in the dark :) The tower of terror is incredible, the insane screams tell it all right. The Dole whip recipe looks fantastic, how can you say no to pineapple, thanks for the recipe.

48. Teresa says:

First of all, thanks for the recipe!! We’ve made Dole Whips at home before and we are always looking for new ones!!
    Second, I am a pretty big Disney geek, and I have to say that they do not serve Dole Whips at the Tiki Room at the Magic Kingdom, that is a show. But, they do serve them not too far from there at Aloha Isle (which is just a little booth, so don’t go looking for a restaurant) which isn’t too far from the Enchanted Tiki Room. Thankfully we must go during slow season for Dole Whip, because we’ve never had very long lines! Our favorite spot for Dole Whips though is at Captain Cooks at the Poly. You can make your own, as tall as you can handle it! YUMM!

1. Thanks for the correction. Fixing the post right now! :)

49. I’ve been to Disney soo many times and believe it or not, I’ve never had one of these!! I keep seeing recipes for them floating around on Pinterest, though. I like your healthier version!!

50. robin says:

Great recipe! Can’t wait to try it. Thank you :) Our fave snack used to be a treat that Disney no longer offers–it was strawberry fruit slush and vanilla ice cream mixed. They served it at the Enchanted Cafe, now called the Cheshire Cafe, adjacent to the Tea Cup ride. It was delish! We’re GFCFSF and we would love to see a copycat recipe of that fabulous treat.

51. Karen says:

I have been to both disneyland and disney world and I have never even heard of a dole whip! Yours look deliciously refreshing though so I will definitely make them!

52. Hannah says:

These look awesome! I’ve never even heard of Dole Whip before.

I love Disneyland, even though it still intimidates me somewhat. I love the Peter Pan ride, and Thunder Mountain, but Splash Mountain is one of my greatest fears. I’ve never been to Disney World. I’ll definitely need to try this recipe.

53. nessa says:

I love Disney! And this copycat recipe looks fabulous! Have to try it myself!

54. kn says:

Oh Katie! You need to come to Hawaii and try the original from the Dole Plantation! That’s where this came from! Disney just uses it for their Tiki theme! Lol

55. Such simple ingredients – love that! I am so going to give this a try.

56. Jenn says:

Made this tonight, and it was delicious, but…be warned, I think this may have burned out my Vitamix motor! (It’s an older model, but still…) It was just a little too thick for the blades to handle. I’d recommend instead thawing the ingredients and putting them into an ice cream maker.

(I’m hoping the Vitamix will cool down and be operational again; this happened once before…)

1. Jenn says:

(yup, in half an hour the vitamix was working again…but still would suggest the blend-first-freeze-later approach!)

57. two yums ( thumbs) up!!! Please share this yumminess at my hop xo

58. Pineapple soft-serve? Sign me up!
    I’ve neither been to Disney World nor Disneyland as we don’t have either around here. Actually, I’ve only ever once been to a “real” theme park with school as my parents weren’t keen on us going. But I’d have been too scared of most of the more adventurous rides in anyway, I guess ;).

59. OMG, I just got back from Hawaii and they sold this at our hotel. I completely forgot to try it this time round and I was pretty bummed out about it. I’ll def be whipping this up soon!

60. Linda maynard says:

For anyone visiting Disney World and wants to try this without standing in line. They sell it in the food court at the Polenisian Resort. Just hop on the resort monorail and anyone can go there. It is always the first thing I go after when I arrive at Disneyland and Disney World. It has became a family tradition. Great to be able to make it at home now. But???????? will this spoil the specialness of getting it at Disney.

61. Jamie says:

I had no idea that Dole Whips were vegan! How awesome. I’ll definitely be trying this :)

62. jess says:

Your wonderful postings have me in a healthy creative frenzy this summer! I just bought myself an ice cream maker and now am using your base recipes to make my own concoctions :)

63. Julie says:

I tried this yesterday. I’ve never been to DIsneyland, so I can’t compare to the original Dole Whip, but, as I was eating it, I couldn’t help but think about how much the taste reminded me of an italian granita (probably because of the lemon juice). I actually gave a serving of it to my father (who usually doesn’t even LOOK at any healthy recipes I make =P ) and he loved it. I will definitely make this recipe all summer long.

64. bob says:

Yes Katie, PLEASE make churros!!! (preferably without sugar or xylitol-type substitutes if possible)

65. Jessica says:

Thank you so much for this recipe. We were at Disney last week and I had the Dole Whip. I kept telling my husband how good it was and then when we got back to the room that night, I checked my email and there was the recipe from it. Thank you so much for posting it. I can’t wait to make it now! I had the dole whip float with the juice at the bottom. Yumm.

66. This looks so easy and yummy! I love your blog!

67. Lex says:

I went to Disney last year and didn’t know about these! Made these with coconut milk and used powdered sugar. Delicious!

68. SLC Diane says:

Tried it with my gluten intolerant daughter tonight. We were at Disneyland last month, and this recipe is SPOT ON! Thank you!!!!!!!

69. Shannon says:

Just made this for my parents and I; it’s absolutely delicious! Thank you for another winning recipe! I recently discovered this blog and fell crazy in food love. I’m only 15 and still learning the ropes in the kitchen. Your recipes have empowered me to do so while keeping it pretty healthy and always sweet. Just wanted to say thank you for being great :)

70. Christine says:

I just made this recipe but I omitted the stevia, used a 20 oz can of pineapple and used sweetened almond milk instead! (That’s what I had). It was so delicious and my girls love it!

71. Anonymous says:

I work at Magic kingdom in Adventureland. So I’ve made dole whip many of times. It’s just pineapple juice and ice milk (what they use for vanilla soft serve) super easy. Of course has to be frozen. But that’s all.

72. Lauren Henry says:

Such a great recipe!! I just made it a few minutes ago and just waiting for it to get done in the freezer, I added a little fat free half and half to kinda thicken it up and make the whip a little creamy and it was superb! Thanks for the recipe, I just got home from disney a week ag0 and was already craving a pineapple dole whip! :)

73. Lauren Henry says:

Such a great recipe!! I just made it a few minutes ago and just waiting for it to get done in the freezer, I added a little fat free half and half to kinda thicken it up and make the whip a little creamy and it was superb! Thanks for the recipe, I just got home from disney a week ago and was already craving a pineapple dole whip! :)

74. Julie says:

I made this yesterday and was so pleased with the flavour! :) I didn’t have lemon juice, but I had orange juice in the fridge, so just added that…I couldn’t taste it…but the recipe turned out so delicious! :) thank you for posting! :)

75. Jocelyn says:

Really good! I just made this for my husband and he loved it!!! And that’s saying something since we met in Hawaii (both stationed there for the military) and we were self-proclaimed pineapple experts. :-) Our first date even included a trip to the Dole Plantation for the soft serve!! :-) This was perfect for the 100+ degree Texas summer day we are having right now.

76. Brittany says:

I’m pretty sure dole whip is supposed to be dairy free… I don’t think this is quite right

77. This recipe looks really good. I can’t wait it give it a try.

78. Bryan says:

Don’t forget you can get Dole Whips at the Dole Plantation in Honolulu.

79. I’ve never actually had a dole whip at Disney but I can definitely imagine why people would stand in line so long to get one. This list of ingredients sounds amazing. It sounds really healthy too which is definitely great in a dessert. I can’t wait to try it for myself and I won’t even have to stand in that long line to get it.

80. Danielle R says:

I saw this recipe when you posted it, but just came across it again today when I was looking for lower-yield ice cream recipes… got my 1st ice cream maker and needed some things to try out! Anyways, found this, loved the original Dole Whip I had in Hawaii, and decided to try it with the blueberries in my freezer… YUM! Thanks for another great recipe and encouragement for more cooking adventures! :-)

1. Thank you for trying it. I love your idea to use blueberries!

81. Danny says:

Thank you for this!
    Being a frequent visitor to both Disneyland and Hawai’i, this is much appreciated.
    My daughter just asked me this morning if I had the ingredients to make Dole Whip and discovered this, THANKS!

82. Will says:

I bought a Groupon for Dole Whipp’d here in Los Angeles/West Hollywood area and was curious as to how bad/not bad the ingredients in the Dole Whip was; a quick Google search led me to this website. I definitely want to try this recipe (and I don’t really cook/bake), and think I may have fallen in love with this blog at first sight… or is it bite? ^_^

83. Sacia says:

I made pineapple dole whip. So delish!

84. Mark says:

My local ice cream stand in Milford CT has had Dole whips for some time now…coupla years?? Just had one there today.

85. Julia says:

Just made this recipe for Dole Whip, and it tastes just like the real thing!!! Thank you!

86. Vanessa says:

I went to Disneyland when I was a kid. I don’t really remember most of it e.e

87. Deanna says:

Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt stores sell Dole soft serve. The ingredient list is quite different, though: I don’t know if Dole has different formulations for Dole Whip and Dole soft serve – maybe? FWIW, Menchie’s also sells a “hawaiian pineapple” yogurt with different ingredients, which is not branded as Dole:

The good news is there are Menchie’s stores located in almost every State in the U.S.: .
    The bad news is that none of them seem to post online the flavors they currently have in the store. They don’t have all the flavors, all the time, but only a few. At my store, the workers always look stupefied if I ask them what the next flavor to come out will be. I suppose you could call and ask if they have it currently, but I haven’t tried this. They made me kind of mad when they told me there was “no way” to know what flavor would be next. (hmph) So, this is definitely not a recommendation for Menchies – but at least it is a place where it is remotely possible that you may be able to get some authentic Dole Whip without standing in line at WDW or DL.

And, we can always rely on the recipe! Thanks for posting that!

88. Delirious Jones says:

You guys have to check out the Dole Plantation here in Wahiawa, HI. Best pineapple whip on the planet!

89. Melissa says:

Oh no! I am part of the Dole Whip cult but abstained on a recent trip to WDW (from Kansas) because I can no longer tolerate dairy.

I asked them at Aloha Isle and at the Polynesian if it contained dairy and no one could give me a straight answer. (We did not stay at the Polynesian but went there specifically because they have self-serve Dole Whip in their food court). I watched my family devour many and did not partake!

I wasn’t able to find the contents of Dole Whip online to verify. Where is it published that it is now vegan?

1. Melissa says:

Never mind, I found it. Oh, how sad, I missed out and didn’t have to. :(

90. Rachel says:

Oh my gosh! I was googling for healthy desserts and I’m so happy I came across this recipe! I actually stayed at the Polynesian in Disney World this past summer for 8 days, and they have a 24/7 restaurant that has a Dole Whip machine right in the hotel! Needless to say I probably ate my weight in pineapple whips by the time the trip was over–haha. The funniest thing was that there it’s self-serve and they don’t weigh the cups–I saw many a feat of frozen treat-balancing that week…people piled that stuff like 6 inches above the rim of the dish. Of course I would *never* do such a thing . . . 😉 I’m super excited to try this homemade version!

91. Eileen says:

Katie, I saw you respond to someone else’s post about fresh or canned pineapple. For canned you said to just make sure to freeze it first. But what about fresh?
    I would love to use fresh pineapple and I happen to have one as well as a brand new Cuisinart ice cream maker and I’d like to try it that way (sadly, no Vita-mix)
    Any suggestions on this method or should I make it like I typically would with my Cuisinart?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Freeze fresh first, too.

92. leonard armstrong says:

I already sell pineapple-mango. People love the flavors of this soft serve.

93. Maya says:

oh my gosh! I was having a Dole Whip craving, and this completely sated my appetite! It tastes exactly like the ones at Disney. Bravo! 5 out of 5 stars :)

94. Beth McBetherson says:

I have been creepin on your blog for ages… I love it!

Finally commenting to say 2 things:

1) I have been to Disney World several times and never had Dole Whip. I never knew it existed. I love pineapple, so this makes me angry + sad.

2) just made this recipe. OH MY GOD I MIGHT NEVER EAT ANYTHING ELSE. thank you!

I’m going to try it with cherries, raspberries, etc. YUM.

1. Beth McBetherson says:

1) I just fed this to a friend who visited Disney a week before visiting me. She confirms it is as good as “the real thing.” … “Maybe better”. :o)

2) I have completed some important experiments for the good of the greater population. Results:
      – made accidentally with double the lemon juice! Tangy! SUPER DELICIOUS
      – made with a touch of vanilla extract added. SUPER DELICIOUS
      – made with 1/2c frozen blackberry purée in addition to the pineapple. A lovely pink color. SUPER DELICIOUS
      – added fiber supplement (benefiber “clear”‘ the powder stuff) to further convince myself I should be eating so much of this…. SUPER DELICIOUS, plus a bonus benefit- leftovers seemed to freeze better (not get as icy)!

Next up: replace some pineapple with mango. (Hypothesis: super delicious)
      Replace some pineapple with sweet cherries (hypothesis: super delicious)
      I will also try the freezing thing with xanthan gum (plant based, one of the thickeners in traditional ice cream, also used in some gf baking) and see if that helps preserve the creaminess.

Thanks again for the recipe! Why, yes, I have eaten almost four whole pineapples in the last 2 weeks….. :oP ;o)

95. Emi Siplinger says:

In my town, during the summer, we have Pineapple Whip which is basically the same thing and it’s the best thing in the world. I am definitely going to have to make this! Thanks

96. joanna says:

this was really good!! i didn’t need to add sugar since it was sweet enough. i loved the addition of lemon juice. very creative!

97. Denisse says:

Yummi!! Thanks for the recipe. I finally found the original Dole dry mix used in Disney at eBay. I will definately buy and compare.

98. Lian Morales` says:

These are amazing! My lovely sister made these and i never forgot them. When i went back and tried to make them again, we did not have any pineapple. so instead of pineapple dole whips, I made strawberry and blueberry whips. just as good, just as tasty! depends on what you like, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thank you so much for posting this amazing recipe!

99. Anna says:

I just made this Dole Whip in my vitamix using almond milk and cane sugar. It is incredible! Tastes like the real deal. Everyone should try this at least once! Thanks for the recipe Katie!

100. Kathleen says:

Had to make these as soon as I saw them last night even though it is freezing here right now. They did not disappoint!! Thanks for another great one Katie!

101. Keith Wright says:

It is available, as of 2/20/15, at Aloha Isle (across from the Swiss Family Tree house); At the Sunshine Terrace (to the left of the exit at the Enchanted Tiki Room); and at the Disney Polynesian Village Resort at the Pineapple Lanai (through the lobby to the north side of the resort, facing the new bungalows and marina.)

102. diane kirby says:

i love to have your cookbook

103. Krystal says:

I don’t have a high powered blender of food processor, but I just had to try this anyway. My poor blender tried it’s best, but I ended up just having to add more liquid. It was still delicious, just less “whippy” than I wanted it. However, I tried it again tonight and replaced some of the pineapple with strawberry, and it worked amazingly! It was the perfect consistency and it was delicious. It may not be Dole Whip necessarily, but the pineapple and strawberry went so well together and satisfied my craving for fruity ice cream .

104. Bob Anderson says:

D you have any suggestion on how to make this recipe for 50 or more. Should it be stored in the freezer until served ?
    Will the recipe remain the same if other fruits are used, bananas, mangos etc.

105. Verla Madison says:

Would love to have recipe for strawberry dole whip. Thanks so much

106. Valerie says:

Can’t wait to try this on a family beach trip!

Katie, are you aware they are advertising Fifty Shades of Grey DVD at the top of your website today? I’m never sure how these things work and who can see what, but I thought I’d alert you just in case.

107. Barb says:

My Dole Whip was not as thick, I used frozen pineapple and frozen bananas and coconut milk according to a copycat recipe, I know your recipe did not mention bananas – did you use a pastry bag to get the swirl look? Mine tasted delicious, but and I put in the freezer to thicken/harden.

108. You can find Dole Whips all over Hawaii, they are very popular. I had my first dole whip 22 years ago! I lived in California and noticed the dole whips there many years later.

109. Heather says:

Great recipie! I live in Utah and our local amusement park (Lagoon) just starting serving Dole Whip a few years ago. I just had one on Sunday- they are huge cups/ cones for only three dollars. They serve them in the eatery section over by the Carosel :)

110. Alex says:

This is one of my favorite desserts of all times, because it is easy and I make sure I keep everything on hand. Most importantly, it tastes fantastic

111. Amanda says:

Oh yummy, Katie! I know it’s winter but this homemade dole whip recipe is calling my name!