Sarah, the Cookie Monster

Who doesn’t love cookie dough?
If you’ve been reading my blog for at least a month, you might remember this:

cdough

Cookie Dough Milkshake

I made this shake for a friend, Sarah.

But Sarah isn’t just any friend, she’s my best friend.

Do you have one best friend?
Or would you rather hang out in a group? Although I like hanging in a big group, I don’t think there’s ever been a point in my life where I didn’t have one best friend. And I know they say people tend to choose friends similar to themselves, but my best friends always seem to be exactly opposite from me!

For example: At a point in my life when I really cared what others thought of me (high school), my best friend was the most popular girl in our school. She didn’t care one iota what anyone thought! It was probably this devil-may-care attitude that attracted me toward her, and she definitely taught me to lighten up.

Finally, however, I can say that I’ve found a best friend who could be my twin… that is, if the twin position weren’t already filled by Kelsey. 😉

Sarah’s been my best friend for only about a year, but seriously I feel like I could tell this girl anything and she’d understand exactly what I meant. It’s also nice to have a bff with similar interests, because you’re free from the burden of doing activities you don’t enjoy.  Sarah is my Whole-Foods buddy, my shopping buddy, and even my dog-park buddy. (Thankfully, Molly and Henry get along with her Schnauzer.) She’s also a new vegetarian! (All my fault hehe.)

Anyway, Sarah and I decided it’d be fun to do a secret-santa thing for Easter. Except: It’s not Christmas. It’s not yet Easter. And, with only two of us involved, it obviously wasn’t a secret. So really… we just wanted an excuse to get gifts! cookie dough

I made my chocoholic bff a batch of Raw Cookie Dough Balls.

As for Sarah’s gift to me?

She must’ve been feeling the chocolate-chip-cookie vibes too:

funnyfriends

Ok, I’ll take the Larabars. But what on earth is with the Longhorn? Sarah’s explanation: “Well, you already own a stuffed bunny. And this thing has long horns like a bunny, so…”

Wait, bunnies have horns? 😕

Are your friends like you?
Or are your friends completely opposite from you?

I’d stay and chat, but I have a date with some Chocolate Brownie Pancakes.

Tags: ,

1. Oh those cookie dough balls look amazing ! I would rather have a best friend who I can open up and share with rather than a lot of friends. Haha love the gifts :) enjoy your larabars!

2. my friends are not like me at all in terms of interests really but intellectually we love talking about everything and share similar worldviews

3. abhahah bunnies have horns??? silly, Sarah!
    YES i have two best friends and all three of us are super close! we are actually all so different but it all meshes together perfectly! i even got one of them to go to a vegan restaurant with me- she liked- woohoo!

cookie dough balls are the BEST gift to give to a friend!

4. Elizabeth A. says:

You look gorgeous in that pic! Haha I love your friend’s comment about the horns!

I’ve had an opposite best friend, but we drifted apart. Anyway, it’s good to have a group, but having too many best friends can lead to having to choose between one or the other during fights.

1. Awww Elizabeth, thank you!!!

5. VeggieGirl says:

Hmm, I don’t know – would you say that you and I are opposite or the same? 😀

Suave Slav and I call each other “astro mind twins,” haha.

1. ahaha I think we are SO the same! Well, except I am not a very good dancer and you are apparently world class ;). But maybe that will change when you teach me? 😉 😉

1. VeggieGirl says:

Come visit and Suave Slav & I will teach you to dance! :)

6. OMG, that longhorn is so cute! I’ll take him :)

Hmm, depends on the friend, some very similar, some very opposite, but we all share different traits.

7. My best friend is kind of opposite of me, although we do have some important similarities! We went vegetarian together 7 years ago and are both still doing it today!

What a cute idea to exchange Easter gifts! Looks like you both cleaned up well! :)

BTW, I just finished eating your red velvet pancakes for the 1st time and they were DEE-LICIOUS! Thanks for the recipe!

8. emma says:

Hey hey!!! You and your BFF are just the sweetest! Friends like that are just the best….the family we choose for ourselves :-) I’m gonna make your spinach ice cream tonight! :-)
    Oh and I was responsible for one of my besties going veggie too….I felt so proud until one night she came running up to me in the gym and was like….”OMG OMG!!! I can’t believe what I did today….it was so bad…..and it’s all because of you!!!” I looked at her al puzzled and she went on to say, “Yeah, I’ve been eating tonnes of veggies thanks to you….and I ended up farting on my patient’s head!!!”…yeah, she’s a dentist!! I guess the transition to a more plant based diet can be a rude and windy awakening!

9. My sister, boyfriend, and mom are all my best friends!! My sister and I are exactly alike… we like the same foods for the most part, and people even say we sound the same!! That cookie dough milkshake looks amazing!!

10. You are so flippin’ cute! I don’t have just ONE best friend. I have a lot of people in my life that are are super dear to my heart. I think variety is the spice of life, so all my friends are different! Obviously I share some similarities with each of my friends, otherwise we wouldn’t have anything to connect about. But, I think it’s awesome to have a lot of different people in your life to teach you different things and play a unique role. Friends are awesome! :-)

11. lian says:

gosh your real-life friends are so lucky, i bet they get to test out your amazing recipes all the time 😉
    i agree with Alaina Rose ^ 😀
    i have a few people who are very close to me and play a different role in my life, but i would say that i have a couple of BFF’s among those !

oh another note– i made your single-lady muffin and cookie today !! (YES, both.) i actually microwaved the cookie for 1 minute instead of baking, and it was pretty good ! except, i followed your recipe and it turned out really small, i’m not quite sure why. i used 5 tsp spelt flour,…it wasn’t a typo for like, 5 T, right ? haha probably not, that would be a whole lot of flour. but any ideas ? :) the cookie was about the size of a faux-chicken-nugget 😀 delish though ! <33

1. Hmmm… it’s definitely 5 tsp :(. I get a cookie the size of my hand! I usually make two cookies. I don’t know what could’ve gone wrong! :(

12. Gen says:

My best friend and I are really similar in personality! We’ve also known each other practically our entire lives!!!!

13. You and your best friend sound perfectly matched for each other! My best friend and I were pretty much the same person from elementary to high school, but in college we’ve both changed. We’re still besties though! Friendships can go beyond similar interests.

14. Lisa says:

ive had a best friend since I was 6 months old! Shes more like my sister now :) Were at that point where we dont have to talk every single day, and still feel close as ever. and shes like, my exact opposite. So weird!!
    Altho, I DO like a group of friends. The more, the merrier!
    Raw cookie dough balls look so good!! :)

15. I have a ton of friends, but I would say I have two best friends. I can tell them anything and I know they will always be there for me. :)

I remember reading about your bloggin’ meetup with Kelsey! :) Haha, I loved how you guys both wore the “same” thing. :)

xoxox
    Kathleen

16. I have a best friend who’s been my best friend since we were both three years old (we’ve know each other almost 13 years!!). We feel like and call each others sisters!! We definitely aren’t very similar. She loves soccer, I hate it (sorry to anyone who likes it); I’m vegetarian and very health conscious, she definitely isn’t vegetarian and isn’t exactly healthy either (although maybe I will be able to bring her over to the light side some day 😉 ); I’m really into science, she hates it; and the list goes on… But we still tell each other EVERYTHING and are just like soul mates! :)
    Ahhh.. those cookie dough balls look fabulous!!!!! 😀

17. Well you know how big a fan I am of your cookie dough balls! I have to admit…I made and ate a whole batch yesterday. Ooops! 😛

That’s so SWEET about you and Sarah!! Clearly you ARE twins!! I have a close group of best friends- I love them all! Friends are the BEST, including ones who live thousands of miles away KATIE! 😀

1. Yes, but it would be better if friends didn’t live so far away… or at least if they came from England to visit Texas. Hint hint hint 😉 ;).

18. I have friends who are similar to me and friends who are very different. My BFF is pretty similar, but we definitely have our differences. I wish I had a friend who would make me those cookie dough balls!!:-)

19. Disturbed says:

This is so random, but can you please give me the recipe to this: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2007/10/31/stop-by-for-pie/

1. I don’t know it off the top of my head, but I think it was Bryanna Clark Grogan’s agar cheesecake recipe, with pumpkin subbed for the cheesecake. :)

1. Disturbed says:

Okay :)

20. Holly @ The Runny Egg says:

Honestly most of my friends are a lot like me — in high school my close friend and I were commonly confused for one another — we didn’t really look alike but we acted alike!

I would much rather hang out with 1-3 people instead of a large group. I almost don’t seem to know what to DO when I’m in a big group. I have an easier time focusing on a smaller amount of people. I just seem to get lost in the conversations when I’m with a large amount of people.