These quick and easy mug cake recipes are a perfect single serving dessert idea for any time you’re craving cake without the wait!
Mug Cake Recipes
This is the original mug cake that started it all.
If you try just ONE recipe today, make this chocolate cake in a mug, because it has over a thousand positive reviews, and so many readers LOVE the recipe!
A low carb and sugar free mug cake, for anyone who’s looking for a flourless option, because no one should be left out of the mug cake fun.
Craving a deliciously rich and gooey homemade chocolate brownie, but don’t want the temptation of an entire tray of brownie leftovers? This is the chocolate brownie mug cake recipe for you!
If you’re looking for a one bowl mug cake with protein powder, try this protein mug cake for a post workout healthy snack or dessert. The healthy dessert can be both oil free and dairy free, with over ten grams of protein.
Breakfast Mug Cakes
This whole grain banana bread mug cake is super soft, fluffy, and delicious for breakfast, dessert, or a healthy snack. I like mine with chocolate chips on top.
A single serving baked oatmeal recipe that can be made in an oven-safe dish or a large mug. Bake the original for breakfast, or try the chocolate version below!
This chocolate oatmeal cake is a huge hit on social media, and for good reason. It’s an excellent breakfast choice if you’re a chocolate lover.
Mug Cake Recipes With No Egg
This simple vanilla mug cake is ready in under 5 minutes, tastes fantastic with homemade cream cheese frosting and sprinkles, and the best part is that there are no eggs or milk required!
A quick microwave mug cake recipe you can eat alongside your morning cup of coffee, complete with a crumbly streusel topping in each little bite. And unlike many other single serving coffee cakes, this low fat and healthier option doesn’t have over 720 calories packed into one cup.
If you get super excited about all things pumpkin, you will love this sweet pumpkin pie mug cake recipe that’s perfect for the Fall.
My friends call this mug cake the Chocolate Break Up Cake, because if you’re in a relationship, it will make you wish to be single so you don’t have to share.
A soft and fluffy single serving carrot cake in a mug that you can cut in half and frost with vanilla or cream cheese frosting to make your own mini carrot cake!
Easy Mug Cake Recipe
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp spelt, white, or oat flour (or see the keto version above)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp oil (the chocolate mug cake above has an oil free option)
- 6 tbsp water or milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- If baking in an oven, preheat to 350 F. Grease one mug or two small ramekins very well. Stir all dry ingredients, add wet, and mix to form a batter. Either bake for 12 minutes or microwave until fluffy – my microwave took 2 minutes, but it will vary depending on your machine's wattage. Eat straight from the mug or let cool completely before going around the sides with a knife and popping out. Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or anything you wish.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
What flavor mug cake recipe should I make next? Snickerdoodle? Red Velvet? French Toast? Feel free to leave as many suggestions as you can dream up, because your idea might just be the next flavor I try!