How to make a single serving chocolate cheesecake brownie baked oatmeal at home, for a healthy breakfast that tastes like dessert!
Say hello to breakfast.
Or is it dessert? Either way, can you think of a better reason to get out of bed in the morning than baked chocolate cheesecake brownie oatmeal?
As a chocoholic and a breakfast lover, this recipe has my name written all over it. And the chocolate oatmeal cake serves one person, so there’s no need to share.
It’s like a breakfast version of Vegan Chocolate Cake
Above, with homemade vegan cream cheese frosting.
If you want to frost your baked oatmeal, I’m writing out the quick recipe I used below.
Note that it makes a full batch of cream cheese frosting, so there will definitely be leftovers, which is a positive for sure!
Simply whip together 8 ounces of packaged or homemade cream cheese (vegan brands work too) with 4 ounces of butter or vegan butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar (unrefined if desired), and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
Do you have a go-to breakfast?
I like to change it up and often eat savory meals in the morning, like this Tofu Scramble. But I almost always have oatmeal at some point during the day.
Other breakfast foods I love and will happily eat any time of day or night include waffles, French toast, hot or cold cereal, Vegan Pancakes, crepes, fruit smoothies, muffins, cinnamon rolls, and donuts. In other words, all breakfast foods.
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup OR pinch uncut stevia
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup applesauce, yogurt, or mashed banana
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tbsp oil, nut butter, or additional milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional handful mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 380 F, and grease a 1-cup ramekin or oven-safe bowl (or two 1/2-cup ramekins) very well. Stir all ingredients, then bake for 27 minutes. If desired, place on the top rack and broil 1 additional minute. If you wish to remove it from the ramekin, let cool completely first so that it will firm up and pop right out. Or just eat it straight from the bowl! The recipe can be made ahead of time, and it also freezes well.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
Breakfast Meal Prep – 20 Healthy Recipes