Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Healthy Easter Ideas

No carrot cake?!

When compiling my Easter recipes, the carrot-cake posts overwhelmed me… I’ve posted over ten of ’em. So, in order to not write the longest-ever blog post, I’m saving all the carrot recipes for a separate entry.

Today’s recipe round-up is just a compilation of recipes that remind me of Easter or springtime.

Girl-Scout Samoas Truffles

Lemon Mini Muffins

chick  bun

Alternatives to dyeing eggs

Piña Colada Cupcakes

Raspberry-Marzipan Muffins

Springtime Aspari-Guac

Coconut Easter Bunnies

Lavender Parfait

Are you making anything special for Easter?
Or, what are some foods that remind you of spring?

1. Jojo says:

Strawberry pie!

2. AWW this is all so CUTE!! I love the chick and the bunny cakes- adorable!! Those truffles are calling to me though, and those mini muffins, and the cupcakes…oh just EVERYTHING!! 😛

3. what a fun ANd TASTY roundup!! id choose….. umm all of the above?!?
    we used to celebrate easter with fun baskets and such, but not so much anymore!— i used to LOVe easter egg hunting!

4. correction: I STILL love easter egg hunting 😉

5. Marshmallow Peeps always remind me of Spring. My parents usually buy me a few packages. Even in college now they send them 🙂

6. Strawberry shortcake and coconut cake. Those are really the only foods that say easter to me. Your eats all look amazing and perfect for this weekend! I hope you have a great weekend!

7. A.Cook says:

The picture of the pina colada cupcakes is so beautiful–I love the daffodils in the background!
    I need to go out and buy some flowers today to help me forget about the fact that it is still in the 40s in Boston 🙁

1. LOL my sister just arrived from Boston. I told her that no matter what, she MUST leave the cold weather there! Thankfully, she obliged, and it’s warm here. (Usually, it rains every time she visits!)

8. Yes! I am going to have to try those samoa truffles. Yum!

9. Jess says:

ty for the ideas; i’m not sure what my mom wants to do…typically, we have brunch, so a breakfast recipe might be good

10. Anything with citrus and berries in it reminds me of spring. Also bright green salads and Green Monsters!
    This year I am in charge of making dessert for my family’s Easter gathering. I’m making an Angel Food cake, cutting it into 2 layers and filling it with pineapples, whipped cream, and strawberries. It’s a family favorite! 😀

11. Emma says:

I made some wild cherry truffles and rose-pistachio fudge for my friends and family- all raw and vegan 🙂 This post is wonderful – your photos are becoming spectacular girlie! good work 🙂

1. Awwww Emma, you are SUCH a sweetie pie! Come to Texas? (And bring some of that fudge hehe)

1. Anonymous says:

I’ll be there in a flash to see my favourite chocolate covered chef! Love u girlie! Happy Easter! Xx

1. Emma says:

Oops! That “anonymous” comment was me! Forgot to put my name in! Xx

2. Aww yay! So excited to see you, Emma. And now that you’ve said it, you’d better come. Don’t let me down ;).

12. Thanks for compiling a list of your most “Easter-y” Recipes. Time to get to work in the kitchen!

13. The marzipan muffind sound delicious.
    Asparagus reminds me of spring

14. Kimberley says:

I want to try out some easter recipes, so I will definitly try out one of these 🙂

15. Gen says:

Awww all of those look deelicious! 😀

16. McKella says:

I think I’m taking a salad to an Easter party but I’m not sure what it’ll be though.
    Green salads with strawberries remind me of spring. Asparagus, coleslaw, and cadbury eggs…

17. Michal says:

YUM! Everything looks great! 🙂 For easter im making a chocolate pie, strawberry shortcake cupcakes and a cake shaped like an egg!

18. Holly @ The Runny Egg says:

The chick/egg cake is so adorable!!! Oh my gosh how cute.

I’m going to make Peeps Smores (from on Sunday!

19. Faith @ lovelyascharged says:

I’m hosting Easter for my family for the first time ever this year…I guess that means I’m all grown up? (Or something like that, haha.) I’m doing a lemon cream pasta with capers, green beans, baked tofu (my grandma is bringing chicken for the meat-eaters) and the apple braid bread that’s been floating around the blog world. The only thing I have left to decide on is a flavoring for the tofu that would complement the rest of the meal! I was thinking maybe lemon pepper, but do you think that would be lemon overload with the pasta?

1. Hmmm… I don’t know :-?. Maybe they’d compliment each other? After all, you don’t want to introduce too many new flavors. So I think it sounds good! Otherwise, I’d go with something simple, like just a plain maple or soy sauce-based marinade… but truly, your idea sounds even yummier! (And so fancy!)

20. Chad says:

Oh wow every one of these recipes look amazing – awesome post 🙂