Seventeen Healthy Super Bowl Recipes

Did you know that on Super Bowl Sunday, Americans consume more food than on any other day of the year except Thanksgiving? It even beats out Christmas!

Coming up tomorrow, I still have one more new recipe to post (either a brownie recipe or caramel popcorn) before the Super Bowl. In the meantime, I’ve burrowed into my archives to pull out the recipes best for a healthy Super Bowl party menu—from appetizers to dessert. Or… You don’t mind if I start with dessert, do you?

Healthy Super Bowl Desserts:

bean blondies

………………..Chocolate-Chip Blondies

Gooey, fudgey bars that are loaded with chocolate chips and are always a hit with vegetarians and carnivores alike.

fg pb

……….Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cookies

You might already know this is one of my favorite recipes on the blog. They’re even boyfriend-approved! Not necessarily a good thing, as it means I have to share.

rice crispy treats

………………5-Minute Rice Crispy Treats

A kid-friendly recipe that’s super quick and easy to make.

chocolate macadamia cookies

…………Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies

My go-to recipe for chocolate chip cookies that come out perfect every time. Make them right before the game, so they’re hot from the oven and the house smells like chocolate!

Brownie Batter Dip

…………………..Brownie Batter Dip

Great served with pretzels, fruit, or graham crackers.

cookie dough dip

……………………Cookie Dough Dip

The obvious. But I couldn’t write this post and not include it, as it’s the one dessert I recommend above all others for anyone who wants to bring a dish people will still be talking about long after the party is over. If you only have time to make one dessert this Sunday, make this dip. It will not fail you.

vegan chocolate truffles

………………5 Minute Chocolate Truffles

Healthy Super Bowl Snacks:

pizza hummus

…………………..Pizza Hummus

Pizza is one of the top two foods consumed on Super Bowl Sunday. Although I don’t have my entire menu planned out yet, pizza hummus is on the list of things I’ll definitely be making next week.

healthy guacamole

………………….Low-Fat Guacamole

You’ll be shocked at the starring ingredient!

pin poppers

……………………Chickpea Poppers

Great for popping straight into your mouth.

Or throwing at the tv when the other team scores a touchdown.

pumpkin dip

……………..Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip

Serve with gingersnaps or apple slices.

meatless chili

………………Best Meatless Chili Ever

Another definite on my Super Bowl menu this year.

sweet potato  chili

…………………..Sweet Potato Chili

One can never have enough chili.

cornbread

………………….Flourless Cornbread

To go with all the chili!

tater tots

…………………Healthy Tater Tots

Bite-sized healthy snacks from The Superfood Kitchen cookbook that are almost as adorable as they are delicious.

vegan sloppy joes

………………….Healthy Sloppy Joes

vegan mac and cheese

……………….Vegan Mac and Cheese

Seriously creamy comfort food. The recipe, courtesy of Dreena Burton, is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday or any day. I make this recipe a lot!

For tomorrow’s post:

Popcorn or brownies?

Maybe I should just come up with caramel popcorn brownies. Then you wouldn’t have to choose…

1. Yum! I want it all! I just love all of the healthy recipes! They look so good!!! Great line-up!

2. yum, I want to make those chickpea poppers 🙂 All of these look delicious! Too bad I am not cooking for superbowl, or I would make all of these!!

3. Reba Cox says:

I’m posting a similar super bowl roundup today! For some reason planning a party like this and suprising my guest with vegan treats is so exciting to me. Perhaps I wont even tell them whats vegan or not!

4. Courtney says:

I’m definitely looking forward to a caramel popcorn recipe! Popcorn is my favorite and I just know you will make it especially great!

5. Maya says:

Yum!

I have 2 totally random, unrelated questions for you 🙂

1) Have you ever tried chocolate coconut water? It is amazing. If not, you should given your love of both!
    2) Do you have a recipe for your Italian grandma’s vegan pasta? I’ve only ever made it with flour and eggs, so I’m not sure what would replace the eggs in a vegan version. (I’m assuming she makes homemade noodles?)

1. Maya says:

Also, I vote for brownies. Always err on the side of chocolate 😉

6. I’d love a brownie recipe! You can never go wrong with chocolate. 😉

I’m still planning out our Super Bowl menu, but it looks like brownie batter dip will definitely be on the list. 🙂

7. Gigi says:

POPCORN!!!!! Pretty please with caramel on top? As much as I love brownies, I haven’t had a good caramel popcorn in a long time and now have the sudden urge to make some.

8. Alyssa says:

Great ideas! Maybe I’ll whip one up for the party we are attending this weekend 🙂

9. Sunnie says:

Caramel-Popcorn Brownies! I would eat those. 🙂 A little soft, a little crunchy, a little gooey from the caramel . . . why not? 😉

But if I must vote . . . POPCORN! 😀 I haven’t made popcorn in forever, and your recipes always motivate me.

10. I had no idea people ate more on the Super Bowl than even Christmas!! Good thing we’ve got a healthy arsenal of options right here 🙂 The brownie batter dip looks especially inticing(hence, my vote is BROWNIES) and I LOVE chili while watching a football game.

11. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

I vote caramel popcorn… self-control gets thrown out the window when I eat that stuff. ever.single.time.
    And I just happen to have some popping corn (woop!)
    Who are you rooting for this year? (I’m always NYG, but this year I’m going for the forty niners. Ugh, ravens. )

12. Rebecca W. says:

Popcorn!! I’m starting to get into a rut with my usual spices to add to popcorn and it would be great to mix it up!

13. Rachel says:

How about chocolate caramel popcorn?! It would be so epic 🙂

14. Tanja says:

brownies!

15. Lisa says:

These are all great ideas! Especially since I’ll be attending quite a few parties:) I think brownies! Since I have a bit of a corn sensitivity so popcorn is a no go for me;)

16. Michelle says:

Caramel popcorn!!! I’d love to know how to do a healthier version!

17. Alexis says:

These all look so yummy!

18. I’m not even watching the superbowl but maybe I’ll make an exception so I can make one of these recipes 😉 Or maybe I’ll just make them anyways. Sounds like a plan!

19. Mandie says:

As I am a HUGE fan of brownies & blondies – I ask for brownies, please!

20. Anonymous says: