Too many brownies!

Yes, there is such a thing.

On Thursday afternoon, I embarked on a quest to create a delicious-yet-healthy fudge brownie recipe. But that meant a lot of experiments.

The first batch was too dense, the second too gummy. And the third wasn’t chocolate-y enough.

browniess

Goldilocks and the Three Bears much?

There was even a fourth batch. Luckily I had Sarah to help.

You’d better believe we taste-tested them all! Sounds like a fun job… but by the fourth pan, neither one of us even wanted to look at another brownie! On the fifth try, we think we found a winner. You know those two-bite brownies?

I’ve never actually tried two-bite brownies. But Sarah has, and she says batch 5 of our brownies remind her of these. Maybe it’s because, tired of baking pans of brownies, we cooked them in mini muffin cups? I’ll get the recipe posted next week—maybe Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, here’s a photo:

bb5

The taste-testing tummy aches were totally worth it.

1. I MADE BROWNIES YESTERDAY TOO!! I knew we were secretly twins :) I did have a bit of a brownie overload yesterda- something I never thought possible! 😛

I can’t WAIT for the recipe though!! And for mini chocolate lava cakes?! What what they sound like the best thing EVER!! 😀

LOVE for Katie!! <3

2. OH MY!!! These look REALLY good!!! Healthy fudgy brownies?! Bring it on! Can’t wait for the recipe! Way to go, Katie! Thanks for your hard work in perfecting those gorgeous brownies 😀

1. Sorry! Too many exclaimation marks haha…

3. Sarah says:

Hey I love your sugar free recipes the best, since I can’t eat sugar and I am searching for a sugar free recipe for chocolate brownies… an avid follower of your blog but have noticed that a lot of your recipes recently have had sugar in them and I’ve not been able to make them sugar free! :-(

1. You can try subbing stevia

1. Sarah says:

Yes, I’ve tried that, I love stevia and use it to sweeten everything, and have tried xylitol too but couldn’t get the texture right … as you know it can take a few tries, right? so I am still searching… closest I got to a good result was subbing stevia and pumpkin for a little bulk….. However success, I did try subbing stevia for the Agave in your raspberry chocolate yummy raw fudge bite thing and it was to die for… still got some in my freezer nom nom :-)

1. Ah yes, sadly we have to experiment… I wish every recipe came out right the first time! It would save me so much trouble! Not to mention $$$!

4. Never enough!! They are my FAVORITE dessert!!!

5. I did not think it was possible to have too many brownies! LOoking forward to the recipe :)

6. Albizia says:

I believe there is such a thing as too much dessert. I usually believe it right after dessert 😀

7. So many brownies! Your life must be so trying at times :)

8. Lauren says:

Mmmm these look so good, I love those little bite brownies! They are addictive. Whenever I get them from the store I can’t stop popping them in my mouth!

9. NEVER!!! one time I ate like half of a large cheesecake and i still felt so happy even though I felt I was going to die of fullness!!>. I LOVE TWO BITE BROWNIES! oh my im WAY excited!

10. I can’t wait for that recipe! It looks so good! I love gooey brownies. :)

11. Iris says:

Yes, definitely a thing as too much! I made chocolate cake yesterday (trying to come up with a sugar-free vegan chocolate cake recipe) and it was way too dry and bitter. Which means I have to keep testing…although I think if I crumbled it up and added a sweetener, I could use it as a perfect base for a chocolate cream pie for friends…Hmm…okay, back to the kitchen!

1. Sarah says:

Totally, me too, closest I got to success was a little bit of pumpkin puree and stevia, but it was still on the rubbery side, I’m going to try that again nonetheless except this time lower the oven temperature and maybe cook it slightly less long, it was so almost!

12. Jenny says:

Mini… chocolate… lava… cakes…?! Those sound heavenly.

Please, Katie: Open a restaurant already… or a dessert parlour.

Hmm I have to say that there is such a thing as too much dessert, IMO… Too much of anything is bad. But in moderation everything is healthy, right?! So even though “too much” might not be good, “some” is definitely awesome. And if the “some” of that dessert is a recipe by you, all the better~ It’ll be guaranteed to be delicious and not only ten times tastier than traditional desserts, but ten times healthier too.

This comment seems contradictory. D: Well anyhow… looking forward to the recipes!

13. Suspense! I can’t wait to try these. If you need any help getting those extras off your hands… 😉

14. I can’t wait for all of the desserts to come. There is definately no such thing as too much dessert!… Well maybe there is but there’s definately no such thing as too much healthy dessert!

15. SheFit says:

NEVER! Brownies are one of those foods that I could eat forever. Although I’m sure after baking that long, I would be tired of them as well.

16. Lisa says:

ooh- i love the concept of 2 bite brownies! and the fact I can portion them in muffin tins makes it easy and fun too (and gives me an opportunity to decorate them and/ or “frost” them with peanut butter =) )
    cant wait for the recippe!

17. Stefanie says:

I think you can have too many desserts. Some times too much sweet food can make you sick. For me, I crave salty food after too much sugar.

The brownies look good. It is a good thing it only took 5 tries to get them right even though it sounds like a lot.

18. Mellie says:

Yum! I can’t wait for the recipe! But I know what you mean by being brownie-d out. That has happened to me before, with some of my favorite foods.You want to like them again, but you can’t

19. Maybe they didn’t all taste good, but they certainly look delicious!! :)

20. VeggieGirl says:

I think there is such a thing as too much when you get to that point of not enjoying the taste or essence of the treat.