Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Blend, Baby, Blend!

I should seriously consider changing the name of my blog to “Things that Go into Katie’s Food Processor.”

Easy Eggplant Dip
1 eggplant
1 tomato, diced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 onion, diced
2-3 teaspoons minced garlic
Salt and a small dash of pepper

Slice the eggplant into round slices, 1-inch thick. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes. Sauté the tomato, pepper, and onion until soft. Add the salt and pepper. Blend all the ingredients until smooth.

Be sure to tune in to next week’s episode, entitled “What happens when Katie throws a pb&j sandwich into the food processor.”

Ok, not really. But on second thought, that would make for an interesting experiment…

1. talieworld says:

haha i really do think you should try that experiment

2. loveofoats says:

Yummy…

Yes, I’d be very interested about the PB&J experiment as well!

3. healthyceliac says:

Food processors and blenders make the world go ’round(I totally think that should be on a t-shirt someday!). Without mine, I’d be lost. Oh, and let’s not forget immersion blenders :)
    There’s actually a coffee shop near where I grew up that has a PB&J smoothie. It’s just PB and fresh strawberries with some soymilk. I get it every time I go home. It’s fantastic!

4. talieworld says:

p.s. katie you do look like a dancer!

5. talieworld says:

Haha if we ever get to met in person i promise you a free dance lesson :)

you can definatly add me to your blogroll!
    can i add you to once i figure out how to set it up?

6. Ricki says:

This looks fantastic–I love all your easy and delicious food processor foods! If anyone can do a processor PB & J, it is you. . . 😉

7. Maureen says:

Yep, it’s all fixed now! Thanks for the tips.

8. vegan addict says:

The food processor sammie would be perfect for when we are all old and have no teeth…you know, if that ever happens…

9. herbstsonne says:

*petpets* her food processor. 😉

10. Ruby Red Vegan says:

If you threw Katie’s Sandwich of Dreams into a blender, I would eat (um…drink) it. Just give me a giant cup and a straw.

I finally have a mini food chopper/processor and I busted it out last night. I must try your perfect pudding now – I’ve always wanted to try it over waffles!

11. Traci Anne says:

I need a food processor JUST so I can try your dips!

12. fruity says:

I agree, food processors are awesome! I recently got one and I don’t know how I got by without it! Haha
    I’ve never cooked with eggplant, either, but I love it on pizza..yum!

13. Bianca says:

You should write a food processor cookbook!!! Seriously, I’d buy it!

14. romina says:

I need to get me a food processor!! My magic bullet couldn’t handle all this deliciousness.

15. Vicki's Vegan Vice says:

your blender is magical… or is it you?! either way i bet the pb & j would turn out fab! :)

16. Vegan On Stage says:

YUMMMMMMMM… I LOVE DIPS! I need to try this since I’ve been craving somthing to top pitas with.. but since im allergic to lots of soy and NUTS im limited… thanks for the great recipe!!!

17. ChickPea says:

Hey, there’s nothing wrong with a little blending every now and then…or every day in my case. Pb&J dip sounds enticing to me!

18. lighterportions says:

K I am going to have to agree with everyone else in saying you should really try the pb&j blender thing…

And I’m now feeling inspired to try out some blender recipes!

19. shellyfish says:

Yummy in my tummy! This is a great “Friday Night Dip”, and hey, it’s Friday! (and it’s purple! damn!) Happy Dipping Special K!

20. Alice (in Veganland) says:

I’ve decided this week to buy a food processor… I don’t have a lot of countertop space for it, but I just can’t live without it another day… Just a quick question: do you think I should buy one of those that have an extra blender? for smothies and such?

21. Cookiemouse says:

Blenders are cool. Now I’ve got one and use it a lot to make soup.

22. vegannurse says:

Yum! I love eggplant and this dip looks great! Hopefully I’ll get to try this recipe sometime soon. :)

I know what you mean about the food processor – ain’t it neat?? I absolutely love mine as well.

Looking forward to your next food processor adventure! :)

Evey

23. Rural Vegan says:

I’d also like to see that PB&J experiment! Have you ever been to willitblend.com? Some dude from a blender company sends golf balls, yard rakes, and all sorts of stuff through blenders to see what happens. You could do the vegan version, ha ha ha!

24. Mihl says:

only have a mini food processor, but I too use it for everything! And eggplant dips are so yummy.

25. poopiebitch says:

I love my food processor, too! I’m not usually as inventive as you in what to put in it, though!

26. Vegan_Noodle says:

Yes, the food processor is our friend. I can’t imagine how I lived so long without one!

pulverized PB&J.. you are too funny :-)

27. DJ says:

That dip looks excellent – I was just looking at a couple of ripe eggplants in the veg box thinking ‘hmmm… maybe baba ghanoush?… ‘ but I think this will do nicely instead!

28. Cherry says:

That dip looks yummy. You should try the blended pb&j idea!

29. Eric says:

Wow that looks awesome!!! I definitely have to try making this. Now to get a food processor…..I’m thinking I will buy one as a birthday present to myself in a few weeks.

You should totally come up with some kind of PB&J food processed item….I think I’m gonna try to make something like that….no idea how though!

30. Veggie says:

This dip looks really tasty, I’ll have to try this recipe out. Thanks.