Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Healthy Fourth of July Recipes

Healthy Fourth of July Recipes

Happy (almost) Fourth of July!

I’ve gotten many requests for a healthy Fourth of July recipes post, so here it is! And please always feel free to let me know if there is ever something you’d like to see on the blog, whether it be a particular recipe or just an idea for a post topic. I’m always happy to receive suggestions.

chocolate frosting

Above, if you haven’t yet tried this Healthy Chocolate Frosting Recipe, it is one of my favorite recipes on the entire blog and can be made in minutes. I had to include it in this post because the photo has the perfect color scheme for the Fourth of July!

Doing things a little bit differently this time, I’ve chosen to highlight some non-dessert healthy Fourth of July recipes as well. (*Insert appalled emoticon here.* Do they even make one of those?)

Healthy Fourth of July Recipes
Above, Quinoa Pizza Bites

And the rest of the healthy Fourth of July recipes…

Are you planning to make any recipes in the next few days?

My cooking agenda for the near future is filled with the likes of Cheesecake Swirled Brownies, Blueberry Banana Muffins, and Nutella Fudge Pie. Never a dull moment around here. :)

1. Was just trying to think of something to bring to my parents house for a BBQ tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

2. Yum, thanks for sharing and compiling all these wonderful recipes! And omg, that frosting looks delicious… and easily veganized?! Yum!

3. Thanks for the inspiration!

4. Kristal says:

I know I will be baking soon! It all looks so good I won’t be able to just choose one:-) I love all the wonderful recipes you have Katie. You always brighten up my day and my entire family’s day!

5. The Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Ball made me so happy. It just looks huge in that picture and delicious! I haven’t been making desserts in a while, but this seems like a great opportunity to focus on the healthy variety. Have a fun forth!

6. Beauty and art! These all look great, and I especially love the quinoa bites, and sweet potato fries!

7. Mmm so many delicious ideas! I want them all!
    Before hitting town tomorrow night, I am having my friend Mari over for dinner, was thinking of going for the classic that is Sloppy Joe’s for delicious dinner. Could well do with one of the sweet treats above too though, mmm ^ ^

8. Teresa says:

I’m going to a pool party/BBQ for the 4th, so I’ll be making something to take. I’m having a hard time deciding between a blueberry cake, and a strawberry cake, so I’ll probably make one layer of each and put them together (with a lemon cream cheese frosting) for a red, white, and blue very berry cake.

9. Eve says:

I’m going to make the non-flour peanut butter cookies you posted awhile back. I brought them last year and everyone loved them. Thanks for the delicious and healthy recipes.

10. KarenW says:

I will be celebrating the 4th of July in Philadelphia with family (I live in Chicago) so I won’t be making anything. However, even though it will no longer be the 4th of July when I get back home, there are still some recipes in this post that I do want to make when I get back to Chicago! Also, Nutella fudge pie sounds amazing! Is it going in your cookbook? If so, (or even if not) I cannot wait for that cookbook! I have been looking forward to it ever since I found out you were making one which was shortly after I discovered your blog a little over a year ago! Also, I’ve been meaning to tell you how much I love your blog! It inspired me to further explore the blogosphere and eventually create my own blog!

1. Thank you so very much! Hopefully the pie will be posted on the website! The cookbook only has a plain chocolate pie, not Nutella 😉

11. I’m going to try some chocolate recipes over the weekend. I can’t wait!

12. Megan says:

I like to think =0 makes a good “appalled” emoticon :p

13. Am says:

I really want to make your Summer Yoghurt Pie! But I have to go get the ingredients, so it might be a belated Fourth of July Pie 😉

14. Julie says:

All of these recipes look delicious, hard to choose what to try first.

15. Perfect collection! Happy 4th of July!

16. Jennifer says:

Have you ever tried making a vegan version of Banoffee pie?

17. SJ says:

Hey, just thought I’d letcha know that your posts are linking to some non-vegan recipes (like cracker barrel chicken, McDonald’s egg Mcmuffin, etc.). It’s down by where you usually would have photos for related things on the blog. I’m not vegan (not. even. close.), but I thought you should know! Love your recipes, and I’m off to make your FroCo!

18. Hanna says:

I want to eat all of these haha. –Hanna Lei

19. Jenny says:

I’m British but I cannot WAIT to try some of these recipes! I have followed your blog as it’s fab! xx

20. Sally says:

These all look delicious, Katie! I don’t know which one to try first :) Thanks for these.
    I was also wondering when your cookbook is coming out? I’m really looking forward to that!

21. Donna B says:

I’m making Healthy Chocolate chip cookies tonight! the dough is in the fridge because I like them soft :-) thanks for the awesome recipe!

22. Wow, so many great recipes here for summer inspiration, thanks!

23. Michelle says:

Hey CCK,

Absolutely LOVE your blog – and cant wait for your cookbook! One thing i must say i LOVE about your recipes – the fact that you include the measurements in grams, as well as cups! We dont use cup measurements here in Ireland, and constantly googling “cups to grams conversion” etc always gives different results- especially with gluten free flours (as they always weigh a little different etc).

Anyway, my main point for commenting is to ask is there any way to contact you directly/privately? I wanted to ask you something that i didnt really want to share with the rest of the world! Its nothing bad, dont worry! Im just a bit embarrassed to ask publicly!!

Best wishes,

24. JoMo says:

Hey Katie!
    First off I love your blog :) so much yummy stuff!! Secondly for blog ideas, it would be awesome if you could post some non dessert recipes (totally appreciate this is a dessert blog by definition though!).. attempting to slowly become vegan so that would be mega useful! Cheers :)